The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old January 13th, 2016   mego joe is offline   #1
mego joe
Geoffan

Default Earth 2: Society #8

This has to be the most confounding series DC is publishing. Some issues seem really good, like the one with Lois/Tornado in the lead, but the main storyline just feels overwhelmed.

Parts of this issue felt like Watchmen. And in an overly used, rip-off, I don't want to read this kind of way.

Oddly, the little Batman bit felt the most accurate, oh no, more Batman!

The Hawkgirl/ Fury part was also enjoyable.

I'm still puzzled by how we've gotten to where we are. Last issue must've been forgettable because I thought Kara and Helena were on the outs.

Any thoughts?

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old January 15th, 2016   Whealer is offline   #2
Whealer
Multiverse refugee

I gave up on this title about 3 issues back. I think it is best described as being a hot mess. Too bad, because I would love a well done JSA book.

Don't tase me, bro.
Old January 17th, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #3
[email protected]
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

I liked the Earth 2 title a lot when it first came out, but agree that Society has been nothng but a hot mess. I think DC really dug themselves a hole by destroying Earth 2.

Frankly Ive been rooting for the codex thing to get activated and make the new world more like Earth so we can get on with it and restore things to normal.

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old January 18th, 2016   DSumner is offline   #4
DSumner
Neo Geoffan

I'm not sure what DC's doing with this book, or Earth 2 in general. When the book initially started, I was enjoying it, as there were several characters I liked, namely Hawkgirl and Flash. Then it went into a bit of tailspin with the "new" Darkseid/Apokolips invasion, only to have them destroy that Earth (which still makes no sense to me), and we now have this new Earth 2. It's almost like they're playing it by ear, and don't really have concrete plans. Just throw something out there, see what resonates, and then try to play off of that.

While I really want to like this book, unless they can tighten things up, and cut out some of the doom and gloom, I'm going to have to let it fall by the wayside.

Old January 28th, 2016   married guy is offline   #5
married guy
The 3 Legged Horseman

I ended up dropping the original Earth 2 book #25 (I think!)
I wasn't a fan of where the book was heading then (Apokolips invasion, kill everyone blah blah blah)

I'm glad I got out when I did.

'My name is Wally West. I'm the Flash!'
I'm in a very abusive relationship with DC, and I just keep coming back for more. - Fastest