The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old June 16th, 2015   citizenck is offline   #1
citizenck

Default CONTEST - Get drawn into a comic!

I'm new to this forum, but I'm a comic book creator working on my first creator-owned project. It's called BEHEMOTH, published by MonkeyBrain Comics, with art by co-creator JK Woodward (IDW's HARLAN ELLISON'S CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER, STAR TREK/DR. WHO: ASSIMILATION2, Peter David's FALLEN ANGEL). We've got 2 issues out both of which have gotten great reviews, and the book's great, he's great, I'm great, my mom says I'm great, etc.

http://www.monkeybraincomics.com/titles/behemoth/

Anyway, we are starting on issue 4 and we're holding a contest! The prize is getting drawn into the comic getting mercilessly killed! All you have to do is send us a picture of you, holding up your tablet or phone or computer, showing a story page from Behemoth issue 2 while making your best, "I'm dying in a really, really, REALLY painful way!" face. I'm attaching an example entry (it's me, so I'm immediately disqualified, which is BS).

We'll pick 5 winners:

2 Third Place winners will be featured together on a splash page, dying horribly
2 Second Place winners will be part of an action scene, which ends with them dying horribly
and
1 First Place winner will be in an action scene, get to put up a bit of a fight, even doing some damage, before dying horribly.

And we'll share some of the other entries on the fan page!

You can send your entries to us at [email protected]. Please include your name, contact information, and let us know that it's okay for us to use your likeness.

We'll be taking entries through 6/21. Hope this sounds fun to someone besides me and that I get to see some faces soon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg COntest Photo.jpg (52.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Behemoth1-Preview4.jpg (86.5 KB, 1 views)

Old June 29th, 2015   Keith Dallas is offline   #2
Keith Dallas
At a Hockey Game

Speaking as someone who has read both issues, Behemoth is a really cool book!

Best of fortune with this, Chris!