The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old June 26th, 2013   midnitedoctor is offline   #1
midnitedoctor

Default JL3k....I ''Wonder"

There has been talk of a new series set on "Earth 2". I have heard that this may have been the reason that James Robinson left Earth 2. It is said that this would not be a time-travel stunt...so let's see, could the Nu JL3k be set to take place on Earth 2? Could these future heroes be based on the Golden Age Heroes of their Earth? Could they be inspired by the first group of "WONDERS"...after all there WAS a Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman who gave their lives to save Earth(2) from Darkseid's Apokaliptian Invasion. This would give DC a Nu JL title, a Nu Earth-2 title and a Nu title set in the 31 century. World building on a futuristic level. These are not the same Leaguers that we know, phazed forward 1,000 years. We now+ have a fresh take on the ''Wonders'' the future has in store. Eventually there could even be team-ups or cross-overs betweeen both teams like the two teams of the past did. Teaming-up to save the whole Multi-verse. This would even leave the LSH free to merinade and simmer until a new creative team comes into the kitchen with new ideas and maybe a fresh reciepe for the team. I absolutely love Earth 2 and Worlds' Finest....imho these are (Earth) 2 of any (Worlds') Finest works...as long as u publish them, I'll be reading them! An (World) Army couldnt keep me away!

Old June 26th, 2013   Mr. Wrong is offline   #2
Mr. Wrong
Supreme Geoffan

There has been talk of a new series set on "Earth 2". I have heard that this may have been the reason that James Robinson left Earth 2. It is said that this would not be a time-travel stunt...so let's see, could the Nu JL3k be set to take place on Earth 2? Could these future heroes be based on the Golden Age Heroes of their Earth? Could they be inspired by the first group of "WONDERS"...after all there WAS a Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman who gave their lives to save Earth(2) from Darkseid's Apokaliptian Invasion. This would give DC a Nu JL title, a Nu Earth-2 title and a Nu title set in the 31 century. World building on a futuristic level. These are not the same Leaguers that we know, phazed forward 1,000 years. We now+ have a fresh take on the ''Wonders'' the future has in store. Eventually there could even be team-ups or cross-overs betweeen both teams like the two teams of the past did. Teaming-up to save the whole Multi-verse. This would even leave the LSH free to merinade and simmer until a new creative team comes into the kitchen with new ideas and maybe a fresh reciepe for the team. I absolutely love Earth 2 and Worlds' Finest....imho these are (Earth) 2 of any (Worlds') Finest works...as long as u publish them, I'll be reading them! An (World) Army couldnt keep me away!
ddf
midnitedoctor View Post

The idea that JL3000 could be the other Earth-2 book sounds very feasible. Darkseid could have displaced the Trinity in time instead of having destroyed them, as his Omega Beams have been able to do all kinds of stuff in the past.

That would certainly be interesting.

"HEY, KENT! YOU'VE GOT YOUR BIB ON BACKWARDS!"
Old June 26th, 2013   Amentep is offline   #3
Amentep

Darkseid could have displaced the Trinity in time instead of having destroyed them, as his Omega Beams have been able to do all kinds of stuff in the past.
ddf
Mr. Wrong View Post
Darkseid's Omega Beams - sends people into the future and gives Kryptonians bad haircuts, all at the same time!

I kid; its possible but I hope they don't go that route. If they do then the story inherits a "Lets try to get home" focus that narrows the scope of storytelling (something that I think also happens in tales where the Legion has been stranded in the 20th Century).

Old June 26th, 2013   Mr. Wrong is offline   #4
Mr. Wrong
Supreme Geoffan

Darkseid's Omega Beams - sends people into the future and gives Kryptonians bad haircuts, all at the same time!

I kid; its possible but I hope they don't go that route. If they do then the story inherits a "Lets try to get home" focus that narrows the scope of storytelling (something that I think also happens in tales where the Legion has been stranded in the 20th Century).
ddf
Amentep View Post
Very good points; especially about the hair!

I hope this isn't the plan for the book, by the way. I want JL3000 to be as self-contained as possible. No crossovers, please.

Old June 26th, 2013   LionKnight is offline   #5
LionKnight
Bloc Fighter!

I hope not. I want JL3K to be in the same future as the Legion. Let's build that world out a little more and introduce some new ideas into it. Their is no reason their shouldn't be other super hero teams in the future, time to explore them a little bit.

One fist of iron, the other of steel
If the right one don't getcha, then the left one will
Old June 26th, 2013   Scott Mateo is offline   #6
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Considering Giffen wanted his own "world" free from the other trappings of the NuDCU, I don't think there's going to be a connection to anything that's currently being published.

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old June 27th, 2013   chasm is offline   #7
chasm
Master Geoffan

Considering Giffen wanted his own "world" free from the other trappings of the NuDCU, I don't think there's going to be a connection to anything that's currently being published.
ddf
Scott Mateo View Post
And wasn't that what was promised to James Robinson? We see how well that worked out.

I do hope this is an entirely different future for NuEarth, completely unrelated to the Legion. In fact, didn't the Legion of 3 Worlds establish that Earth 2 was the parent universe of the classic/original Legion of Superheroes? That was all before Flashpoint, of course. Anything goes now.

Old June 27th, 2013   Mr. Wrong is offline   #8
Mr. Wrong
Supreme Geoffan

And wasn't that what was promised to James Robinson? We see how well that worked out.

I do hope this is an entirely different future for NuEarth, completely unrelated to the Legion. In fact, didn't the Legion of 3 Worlds establish that Earth 2 was the parent universe of the classic/original Legion of Superheroes? That was all before Flashpoint, of course. Anything goes now.
ddf
chasm View Post
IIRC, it set up the classic LOSH as being from "Main Earth" or whatever, the reboot LOSH being from Earth-247 which was destroyed in Final Crisis, and the 3boot LOSH from Earth-Prime.

Old August 26th, 2013   midnitedoctor is offline   #9
midnitedoctor

Maybe i was on to something earlier....it seems that the LSH stories have been in the future of Earth 2. **(POSSIBLE SPOILERS)** My guess is this: At the end of "THE TRINITY WAR", the JL is thrown into the far future, where it seems like FOREVER, EVIL has been running wildly. While the remaining heroes try deal with the Nu status quo; the future flung freedom fighters, attempt to deal with the corruption in their era and try to find a way back home. How does that sound?