The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old April 27th, 2007   booyah is offline   #641
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

Location: Arkham Asylum, revolving door for the Criminally Insane

The one thing I think Lex is starting to realize is that Clark isn't the "myth" that Lex thought he was. Clark gets his arm hurt, bleeds profusely, struggles going through the tunnel, and needs help getting out from under the rubble. Then, to top it all off, Lana runs from Clark and goes to Lex.

I think we're starting to see the seeds for how Lex looks at Clark now...and that's that Clark is insignificant.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
Very atute observations, Jake. in the past season Clark has gone from this mysterious being who Lex obsessed about and sectretly envied to just being an insignificant farmboy who really has nothing to offer Lex on a personal level anymore. And the less Lex thinks of Clark personally, the less interest he will have in him on a scientific/professional level.

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.....and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Old April 27th, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #642
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Exactamundo, Josh.

Where is everybody?
Old April 28th, 2007   kjo1188 is offline   #643
kjo1188
Geoffan

Not sure about that, because Clark was near useless. And I'd think that Lex would want Clark gone to give himself a clear path with Lana. Plus from a storytelling standpoint, if Lex did leave Clark behind, it would have really put a wedge between Lex and Clark.

However, I don't know if the studio wants that. Because Lex, in regular continuity, has few issues with Clark. He doesn't respect him, but he doesn't have many issues with him. Lex hates Superman.

Can you picture at the end of this series Clark putting on the costume and cape and Lex not recognizing him?
ddf
jafabian View Post
it seems very un-lex right now...now everything he does has an ulterior motive

Another year older...
Old April 28th, 2007   gardner_guy is offline   #644
gardner_guy
Geoffan

it's all building up for the introduction of Beppo the super monkey...

Armies of the night! Evil taking flight!
Cobra...COBRA!!!
Cobra...COBRA!!!
Old April 30th, 2007   LastSun is offline   #645
LastSun
Master Geoffan

Can you picture at the end of this series Clark putting on the costume and cape and Lex not recognizing him?
ddf
jafabian View Post
The whole superman with no mask though is a weakness in the superman mythos itself and not something particular to smallville.

Old April 30th, 2007   jafabian is offline   #646
jafabian
Iím not dead.

The whole superman with no mask though is a weakness in the superman mythos itself and not something particular to smallville.
ddf
LastSun View Post
I'm aware of that, I'm just sayin'. Clark showing up in costume and Lex not recognizing him would be just stupid. If Kurt Busiek stood in front of me dressed as Batman, mask or no mask I think I'd recognize him.

Old May 2nd, 2007   Lady Timedramon is offline   #647
Lady Timedramon
Gar Logan's #1 Fangirl

Maybe Chloe's power turns out to be some sort of "cloaking ability", where she is able to keep anyone from recognizing Clark once he dons the costume.

Old May 2nd, 2007   silverageflash is offline   #648
silverageflash
Geoffan

or, if chiloe dies she wipes everone's memory of clark's looks with her powers except to his mother and lana. Because Chiloe is on the chopping block because not in the books or movies.

Old May 3rd, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #649
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Wasn't really a big fan of this one. The payoff at the end wasn't that strong, and the whole mostly felt cheesy. I kinda wish they either devoted the whole episode the black and white noir-like story, or just went with the lana attempted murder angle. One or the other.

And really, this show needs more supporting characters. How many more times can Lana get attacked?

Where is everybody?
Old May 3rd, 2007   booyah is offline   #650
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

Wasn't really a big fan of this one. The payoff at the end wasn't that strong, and the whole mostly felt cheesy. I kinda wish they either devoted the whole episode the black and white noir-like story, or just went with the lana attempted murder angle. One or the other.

And really, this show needs more supporting characters. How many more times can Lana get attacked?
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
Cheesy or no, I like how they had fun with some of the angles such as Clark's double identity, etc. The S-Shield shaped badge was a great touch.
But I agree that they should have worked with one or the other. Either the noir angle or the murder attempt angle. On that note while I could tell they were all having fun with the whole 30's era feel, Allison Mack (Chloe) pulled of her "His Girl Friday" with great pizzazz. Awesome performance from her.
The ending was also a good way to get rid of Jimmy, but Clark is still too loopy over Lana to make a move on Chloe, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I still love the way they are using Lana now. She's got brass ones to work both Luthor's.

Old May 3rd, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #651
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

I did like Lana's acting. And a confident Clark? A very nice change.

I would have liked more of a spotlight on Jimmy...

Where is everybody?
Old May 3rd, 2007   Green Guardsman is offline   #652
Green Guardsman
Master Geoffan

I didn't like this episode at all. I'm sick of episodes that take place within a characters' dream or being attacked within their own mind. I guess I got tired of this back in the 90's when Star Trek was doing it frequently.

However, this has been a strong season for the show and this episode was only the third one to get a poor review from me. I hope they can finish the season without anymore duds.

Old May 3rd, 2007   booyah is offline   #653
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

I didn't like this episode at all. I'm sick of episodes that take place within a characters' dream or being attacked within their own mind. I guess I got tired of this back in the 90's when Star Trek was doing it frequently.

However, this has been a strong season for the show and this episode was only the third one to get a poor review from me. I hope they can finish the season without anymore duds.
ddf
Green Guardsman View Post
While I did like this episode, I agree to a point. Even though it did fit in nicely to the main crux of the season (Project Ares) the whole cheesy noir feel, while fun, threw off the entire tone that the last couple of episodes have established. Here's hoping that they not only get the intensity back but kick it up a notch for the final episodes.

Old May 3rd, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #654
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

I think they were actually working off some nice momentum, and this was a bad time to mix it all up with an episode like this.

Where is everybody?
Old May 4th, 2007   jafabian is offline   #655
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Nice change of pace episode. They still worked in some elements to advance current continuity but still had fun with it. (Cracks me up when Jimmy tells Chloe to call 911 she just speed dials Clark) I'm sure all the cast loved doing this episode. Only two criticisms: why wasn't Martha in here? And if this takes place in the 1930's, why isn't Jimmy wearing a bow tie?????

Lois, as usual, hot as always. Clark still doesn't see it though....

Old May 10th, 2007   jafabian is offline   #656
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Tonight's episode, according to Yahoo:

Lex has been secretly trying to turn Wes Keenan, a military man who supposedly died fighting in Afghanistan, into a "super soldier" by injecting him with DNA pulled from the various meteor freaks he has captured. After a crooked senator threatens to expose his secret labs, Lex dispatches Wes to kill the senator, but Lois witnesses the attack and inadvertently becomes the super soldier's next target. Meanwhile, Clark tries to convince Lana to leave Lex.
ddf