The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old April 22nd, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #625
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

The episode was kinda slow for me, honestly. Wasn't too big on it. Like K said, Carter went from good to bad to good...

I do get the feeling that Chloe dies or something else bad happens to her...and soon.

Lex faking the pregnancy is something I can see him doing. "He'd feed her to the lions just to spite me." Well, he's already done that, Clark.

"The war is about to begin." Nice way to end it.

Where is everybody?
Old April 26th, 2007   jafabian is offline   #626
jafabian
Iím not dead.

The war begins tonight.

Old April 26th, 2007   wickedwrister31 is offline   #627
wickedwrister31
Thomas P.

Does anyone know for 100% certainty that this is the final season?

"That, young man, is how babies are made."
Old April 26th, 2007   LastSun is offline   #628
LastSun
Master Geoffan

It does not look like the CW has officially renewed it yet. Everyone seems to be pretty confident that they will though.

Old April 26th, 2007   booyah is offline   #629
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

Location: Arkham Asylum, revolving door for the Criminally Insane

I. Love. Lana!!!!!!

Yup, that's right, I said it. She REALLY shined this episode. I loved it.
This episode was just completely chalked full of character driven intensity(especially between Lana and Lionel), glimpses of some horrifying things to come (Project Ares), and a mystery of just what the hell is going on that I just can't wait to see the outcome of. I don't know if I have stated it before, but this season has just been a watershed moment of this show's full potential. They are hitting one helluva stride , and I really hope they renew the show for one more season so it can get the great send off it deserves.

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.....and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Old April 26th, 2007   kjo1188 is offline   #630
kjo1188
Geoffan

I. Love. Lana!!!!!!

This episode was just completely chalked full of character driven intensity(especially between Lana and Lionel), glimpses of some horrifying things to come (Project Ares), and a mystery of just what the hell is going on that I just can't wait to see the outcome of. I don't know if I have stated it before, but this season has just been a watershed moment of this show's full potential. They are hitting one helluva stride , and I really hope they renew the show for one more season so it can get the great send off it deserves.
ddf
booyah View Post
my feelings exactly...easily kk's best acting of the series

Another year older...
Old April 26th, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #631
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

This new Lana is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than what she's ever been before. Holy canoli!

And man, it surprised me when Lex came back to help Clark. I actually thought I guessed it right when Lex left and I was thinking of making a post about how Smallville is getting too predictable now, but damn!

Where is everybody?
Old April 27th, 2007   jafabian is offline   #632
jafabian
Iím not dead.

It's about time Lana got some cajones, but really, I'm still annoyed that she's like this at all. She shouldn't be in this position in the first place.

I almost would have preferred that Lex have left Clark behind and Clark saved himself as well, just to really punctuate how Clark and Lex aren't anything close to friends.

And I can't believe Lois has been only a part timer this season, unless Erica is filming another project and they're giving her time away to work on it.

Old April 27th, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #633
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

And I can't believe Lois has been only a part timer this season, unless Erica is filming another project and they're giving her time away to work on it.
ddf
jafabian View Post
Yeah, I don't know what that's about. I thought the same thing.

She is in the next episode, so that's good.

Where is everybody?
Old April 27th, 2007   John Hays is offline   #634
John Hays
Lovin life!

Well Lois was never meant to be a big player on the series, more just an element to spice things up from time to time.

"What we've got here is ... failure to communicate." - Cool Hand Luke

3 time consecutive Comicbloc College Basketball Tournament Champion!
Old April 27th, 2007   kjo1188 is offline   #635
kjo1188
Geoffan

It's about time Lana got some cajones, but really, I'm still annoyed that she's like this at all. She shouldn't be in this position in the first place.

I almost would have preferred that Lex have left Clark behind and Clark saved himself as well, just to really punctuate how Clark and Lex aren't anything close to friends.

ddf
jafabian View Post
i think lex came back because he couldn't get out himself

Another year older...
Old April 27th, 2007   rooboy666 is offline   #636
rooboy666
Free Ostrander Chairman

I. Love. Lana!!!!!!

ddf
booyah View Post
My wife and I both commented on that as well. Not only was her role in the show much more interesting than it's ever been, but she's actually following through with much better deliveries. Not only that, but it's spiced up the whole Lex/Lionel dynamic (which has become stale, and is really, in my opinion, one of the reasons why the show has been on a downturn the last couple of years). My wife pointed out that Lana's entire line of BS could be brought down if Lex and Lionel trusted each other enough to discuss what's going on, but not only do they not trust each other enough, but she knows they'll never do it. Just a great twist on that old relationship, and, to top it off, it makes Lana something other than the victim.

I also thought Martha did a great job at the end of pointing out that while she likes Lionel, she doesn't trust him at all. The two things don't necessarily go hand in hand.

BRING BACK JOHN OSTRANDER!
Old April 27th, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #637
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

It seems Martha's role is getting smaller and smaller.

We want more Martha Kent!

Where is everybody?
Old April 27th, 2007   jafabian is offline   #638
jafabian
Iím not dead.

i think lex came back because he couldn't get out himself
ddf
kjo1188 View Post
Not sure about that, because Clark was near useless. And I'd think that Lex would want Clark gone to give himself a clear path with Lana. Plus from a storytelling standpoint, if Lex did leave Clark behind, it would have really put a wedge between Lex and Clark.

However, I don't know if the studio wants that. Because Lex, in regular continuity, has few issues with Clark. He doesn't respect him, but he doesn't have many issues with him. Lex hates Superman.

Can you picture at the end of this series Clark putting on the costume and cape and Lex not recognizing him?

Old April 27th, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #639
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Not sure about that, because Clark was near useless. And I'd think that Lex would want Clark gone to give himself a clear path with Lana. Plus from a storytelling standpoint, if Lex did leave Clark behind, it would have really put a wedge between Lex and Clark.

However, I don't know if the studio wants that. Because Lex, in regular continuity, has few issues with Clark. He doesn't respect him, but he doesn't have many issues with him. Lex hates Superman.

Can you picture at the end of this series Clark putting on the costume and cape and Lex not recognizing him?
ddf
jafabian View Post
The one thing I think Lex is starting to realize is that Clark isn't the "myth" that Lex thought he was. Clark gets his arm hurt, bleeds profusely, struggles going through the tunnel, and needs help getting out from under the rubble. Then, to top it all off, Lana runs from Clark and goes to Lex.

I think we're starting to see the seeds for how Lex looks at Clark now...and that's that Clark is insignificant.

Where is everybody?
Old April 27th, 2007   jafabian is offline   #640
jafabian
Iím not dead.

It seems Martha's role is getting smaller and smaller.

We want more Martha Kent!

ddf
Jake1823 View Post
Yeah. Ever since Jonathan died we haven't seen much of her at all which is weird. You'd think with Jonathan gone it would translate into more screen time for her but it's been less. And as I said in the "other" Smallville thread, Clark seems more comfortable talking to his former wanna-be girlfriend, his ex-girlfriend who married his arch nemesis, and his future girlfriend that he despises rather than his mother.