The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old March 23rd, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #561
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Lois needs to be involved in Clark's life more. And more than just comedy relief or being a pain in the arse. If Lana and Chloe have had suspicions about Clark all these years it's time Lois started wondering as well.
ddf
jafabian View Post
I honestly think it's a little too early to be pushing Lois into Clark's life. Clark only falls in love with Lois after he moves to Metropolis and works for the Planet. Seems a bit too soon to see anything more than just attraction and flirting.

Where is everybody?
Old March 23rd, 2007   I Spyder is offline   #562
I Spyder

Good episode glad to see the baby thing is over. And to keep it simple here is a blunt list of things i hope to see in the future

MORE MARTIAN MANHUNTER!

more zoners

alot less lana and alot more lex

return of justice league and perhaps a spinoff

forget about the whole chole meteor-freak thing, dumb sub plot

return of Zod

and lastly the return of kryptonian computer system gone horribly awry BRAINIAC!

"This BITES!"

-Booster Gold
Old March 23rd, 2007   jafabian is offline   #563
jafabian
I’m not dead.

I honestly think it's a little too early to be pushing Lois into Clark's life. Clark only falls in love with Lois after he moves to Metropolis and works for the Planet. Seems a bit too soon to see anything more than just attraction and flirting.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post

I'm not suggesting a romance, but more of a "Dave and Maddie" kind of relationship from the Moonlighting TV series. Or what Sam and Diane were like in the first season of Cheers.

Old March 23rd, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #564
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

I'm not suggesting a romance, but more of a "Dave and Maddie" kind of relationship from the Moonlighting TV series. Or what Sam and Diane were like in the first season of Cheers.
ddf
jafabian View Post
I guess I meant that Lois only becomes a part of Clark's life later. I think right now acquaintances, with the start of a friendship, seems right.

Where is everybody?
Old March 23rd, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #565
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Does anyone else feel like the Lana-Lex relationship is turning out like Lex's parents' relationship? Lex's mom was emotionally unhinged, and it looks like Lana's going that way right now.

Where is everybody?
Old March 24th, 2007   jensmith is offline   #566
jensmith
Neo Geoffan

I guess I meant that Lois only becomes a part of Clark's life later. I think right now acquaintances, with the start of a friendship, seems right.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
I don't think she should be in his life at all right now. He is not supposed to meet her until he moves to Metropolis. But for some reason DC allowed her to be introduced long before she should, pre disguise. The moment the character was introduced, all other 'shipping' became pointless. The endgame is right there and everyone watching knows what happens.

I just wish they would stop with all the relationship drama and let Clark grow up, ie stop moping over Lana.

Old March 24th, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #567
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

I don't think she should be in his life at all right now. He is not supposed to meet her until he moves to Metropolis. But for some reason DC allowed her to be introduced long before she should, pre disguise. The moment the character was introduced, all other 'shipping' became pointless. The endgame is right there and everyone watching knows what happens.
ddf
jensmith View Post
I definitely agree with you. Lois shouldn't have been introduced at all, imo. Chloe was pretty much equivalent of Lois and if they expanded her role more, she'd work just fine for the show.

I just wish they would stop with all the relationship drama and let Clark grow up, ie stop moping over Lana.
ddf
The writing needs to get better in this area, and it shouldn't be focused on so much, but I think the Lana-Clark thing should stick around till the end. I really think that Clark coming to terms with Lana about their relationship should be how this all ends, and what sparks his change into Superman. Clark tries to get a fresh start, moves to Metropolis, starts a life out there, and the rest is history.

Where is everybody?
Old March 24th, 2007   jensmith is offline   #568
jensmith
Neo Geoffan

I but I think the Lana-Clark thing should stick around till the end
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
I disagree. They've gone back and forth enough. It's time for Clark to see beyond the farm and Lana. That doesn't mean he is ready for Metropolis by any means. He isn't.

He needs to accept himself. Right now he defines himself by Lana. He needs to understand Lana isn't the world. Then he can move forward and grow up.

Old March 24th, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #569
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

I disagree. They've gone back and forth enough. It's time for Clark to see beyond the farm and Lana. That doesn't mean he is ready for Metropolis by any means. He isn't.

He needs to accept himself. Right now he defines himself by Lana. He needs to understand Lana isn't the world. Then he can move forward and grow up.
ddf
jensmith View Post
I understand what you're saying. I guess I just see that happening when he moves to Metropolis.

Where is everybody?
Old March 24th, 2007   Captrose is offline   #570
Captrose
Advanced Geoffan

I would like to ask you all a question. I enjoy Smallville for what it is, an "elseworlds" type story. But I just keep thinking, I can't see this character growing up to be Superman. You know, the greatest hero of the DC Earth? The hero of heroes and all that. I mean, we've had 6 seasons and I don't think he's any closer to becoming Superman than he did 6 years ago. The writers might be starting to move towards this with the seemingly moving on from "moping over Lana" all the time and Lana/Lex marriage.
So am I the only who thinks this? Probably so, but what the heck, thought I would ask.

Old March 25th, 2007   jensmith is offline   #571
jensmith
Neo Geoffan

I understand what you're saying. I guess I just see that happening when he moves to Metropolis.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
The way I see it, he goes to Metropolis a man, ready to be Superman. But there is a transitional period in his life, between high school and Metropolis. His late teens - early twenties, where he needs to come to terms with himself, his heritage, his abilities, his place in the world. But that isn't happening, instead he is in a holding pattern.

Not until he understands Lana Lang isn't the answer to all that ails him will he be able to discover himself. By the time he gets to Metropolis, he is ready to be who he was meant to be.

and I don't think he's any closer to becoming Superman than he did 6 years ago. The writers might be starting to move towards this with the seemingly moving on from "moping over Lana" all the time and Lana/Lex marriage.
So am I the only who thinks this? Probably so, but what the heck, thought I would ask.
ddf
Captrose
You're not the only one. And I don't think he's moving on at all. I'm betting he'll be back in that loft crying over Lana before the season is over.

Old March 25th, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #572
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Yeah, I'll agree there. I think the writers still have a lot of time to make Clark go from professional moper to real hero, but they have to start doing it now.

Where is everybody?
Old March 26th, 2007   adkal is offline   #573
adkal

Some were phantoms, some were physical beings. A mix of both escaped.

It wasn't said, but I was thinking since the Yellow Sun thing has been established already, Clark being exposed to the yellow sun most of his life had to have played a role here. Titan's been under the yellow sun for what? Under a year? And who knows if he's been let out of his cages or whatever, so it could be much less than that. I actually think Clark should be MUCH stronger and faster.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post

Peace

I thought there had been (at least) 6 escapees from the Zone (one of them being Jor-El's assistant), with a mixture of wraith-like beings and humanoid ones.

The Zoners are criminals from the "28 known galaxies" and I don't think any of those who escaped were Kryptonian.

Titan had a Kryptonian Prison Tattoo but that doesn't mean he was Kryptonian - anyone out there translate it? - Clark said it meant something like "warrior", didn't he?

The Zod Crew had powers as soon as they came out of their ship after the second meteor strike (so it could be the old when you're a baby your cells take a long time to process the solar energy properly but when you're an adult it's pretty much immediate), they had speed, strength and heat vision (can't remember if they flew). Titan had strength but it could just be that where he's from that's a "standard" for his people.

Peace

Old March 26th, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #574
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Peace

I thought there had been (at least) 6 escapees from the Zone (one of them being Jor-El's assistant), with a mixture of wraith-like beings and humanoid ones.

The Zoners are criminals from the "28 known galaxies" and I don't think any of those who escaped were Kryptonian.

Titan had a Kryptonian Prison Tattoo but that doesn't mean he was Kryptonian - anyone out there translate it? - Clark said it meant something like "warrior", didn't he?

The Zod Crew had powers as soon as they came out of their ship after the second meteor strike (so it could be the old when you're a baby your cells take a long time to process the solar energy properly but when you're an adult it's pretty much immediate), they had speed, strength and heat vision (can't remember if they flew). Titan had strength but it could just be that where he's from that's a "standard" for his people.

Peace
ddf
adkal View Post
That could certainly work, too...

Where is everybody?
Old March 26th, 2007   brentac is offline   #575
brentac
Geoffan

Okay. I missed something.

How do we know that Titan was a Kryptonian? I thought he was just a Zoner who was really poweful. Not all Zoners were Kryptonians, as we have seen already, and I think I remember Titan even saying something to clark along the lines of "time to die Kryptonian." That doesn't make much sense. It'd be like me saying "time to die human".

Can someone explain what I missed?

Bring back the Green Lantern, Raker Qarrigant

xbox live gamer tag - brentac82
Old March 26th, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #576
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Okay. I missed something.

How do we know that Titan was a Kryptonian? I thought he was just a Zoner who was really poweful. Not all Zoners were Kryptonians, as we have seen already, and I think I remember Titan even saying something to clark along the lines of "time to die Kryptonian." That doesn't make much sense. It'd be like me saying "time to die human".

Can someone explain what I missed?
ddf
brentac View Post
I think most of us assumed it b/c of the Kryptonian tattoo he had.

Where is everybody?