The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old December 1st, 2011   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian

Question Avenging Spider-Man issue #2 Preview & Discussion

CBR PREVIEW

THE HOT NEW SPIDER-MAN ONGOING CONTINUES!

SPIDER-MAN and RED-HULK lead an underground army in this action packed extravaganza from superstar artist JOE MADUREIRA

Story by
Zeb Wells
Art by
Joe Madureira
Cover by
Joe Madureira, Ed McGuinness
Publisher
Marvel Comics
Cover Price:
$3.99
Release Date
Wed, December 7th, 2011
ddf

Old December 9th, 2011   thunderdude is offline   #2
thunderdude
Prince of Pizza!

This was cool, but I was actually hoping for more interaction between General Ross and JJJ. the Red Hulk was cool in this though.

I love it when a plan comes together in the Multiverse!
Old December 9th, 2011   Hierarch555 is offline   #3
Hierarch555
Paul O'Neil

This issue was a lot more polished than #1. Then again he didn't draw as much stuff in this one... I haven't Spidy (minus ultimate) since Civil War so I'm glad this is such a fun book.

Superman: "You can't predict the outcome of every action. You can't stop every injustice simultaneously. But you have to try, don't you?"
Old January 6th, 2012   Matches is offline   #4
Matches
stepping aside

This one's off to a nice start. Joe Mad will never be my favorite artist, but he's good at drawing monsters, and I like his rendition of the Mole Man.

Wells' script is sharp. I loved Rulk mouthing off to the bad guys.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old February 18th, 2012   Matches is offline   #5
Matches
stepping aside

And #3 wrapped this first arc up well. This was my first experience, believe it or not, with Joe Mad's art, and frankly I'd give it mixed reviews. Wells' script is worth the price of admission, though - clever, brisk, and slightly subversive. I dug the twist of Rulk basically having nothing to do with the resolution of the story.

Wells' JJJ is the highlight, though.

Old February 18th, 2012   jafabian is offline   #6
jafabian

I liked Zeb's treatment of the Avengers in here as well as the chemistry between Red Hulk and Spider-Man. The Webhead comes across as the veteran crimefighter that he should be rather than as a goofy super-hero as he sometimes is written.

Joe doesn't use an inker for this arc. I'm wondering if that's why his art seems different than his last turn with Marvel.

Old February 19th, 2012   Matches is offline   #7
Matches
stepping aside

I think he could use an inker with a fairly thin line. The art in this arc had a kind of washed-out look that wasn't my favorite. He did a nice job drawing all the mole people and monsters, though - you can tell Wells put the script together with him in mind.