The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old August 17th, 2011   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian

Arrow SPOILERS Legion of Super-Heroes issue #16 Preview & Discussion

COMICVINE PREVIEW

As we come closer to September we see more and more of DC's comics coming to an end in preparation for the revamp of the entire DC Universe, launching this September. Yes, that's only two weeks away. No, we can't believe it either.

However, just because these books are ending, does not mean they won't be ending with a bang. Earlier today DC Comics provided Comic Vine with an exclusive 5-page preview of Paul Levitz's final issue of Legion of Super-Heroes. If covers speak volumes, then based on this one not all members will survive the DC revamp. In the final battle between the Legion of Super-Heroes and the Legion of Villains, one of the Legion teammates won't make it alive; the question is, which one? Check out the exclusive 5-page preview and accompanying solicitation below. Will you be picking up the 16th issue of The Legion of Super-Heroes, due in stores this Wednesday, August 17th?

Written by PAUL LEVITZ

Art and cover by YILDIRAY CINAR and JONATHAN GLAPION

The finale to the battle with the Legion of Super-Villains! Like many of the Legion's past encounters with the LSV, one Legionnaire will not survive it.
ddf

I'm betting it'll be Absorbancy Boy. Oops....I mean Earth Man.

Old August 18th, 2011   E2Brutus is offline   #2
E2Brutus
The Obsidian Horseman

Actually, SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
you're right.

Old August 18th, 2011   jafabian is offline   #3
jafabian

Is it me or was this issue a bit rushed? A bit anti-climatic? Might be because of the upcoming DCnU but I was expecting a bit more of a story. I wish it was a giant-sized issue at least.

Old August 19th, 2011   E2Brutus is offline   #4
E2Brutus
The Obsidian Horseman

It did feel rushed, especially compared to the slower, more methodical way Levitz was working leading up to this. Another victim of the relaunch, most likely.

Old August 19th, 2011   jafabian is offline   #5
jafabian

I wish I could have gotten a better feel for the complete roster of the new LSV. Paul was introducing new members right and left, all of them very cool. And I think this would have been a good storyline to have the Academy graduates join the team because for awhile there I thought the Legion was outnumbered.

Old August 19th, 2011   chasm is offline   #6
chasm
Master Geoffan

The story did seem to wrap up a little quickly, but I guess that couldn't be helped with the situation at hand. The death at the end finally cut ties with most of what Geoff established in the Legion's relaunch. The LSH is now firmly under Paul's command....except for those Legion Lost guys. Oh well.

Old August 20th, 2011   impulse1999 is offline   #7
impulse1999
Advanced Geoffan

You're right Chasm, especially with XS out, Night Girl off the actual team itself, and Gates & Cham Girl shunted to the 21st Century (and death?), so everything that Geoff really gave us has gone for the most part, whether we see Black Witch is anyone's guess.

DCnU? We'll see....
Old August 20th, 2011   chasm is offline   #8
chasm
Master Geoffan

You're right Chasm, especially with XS out, Night Girl off the actual team itself, and Gates & Cham Girl shunted to the 21st Century (and death?), so everything that Geoff really gave us has gone for the most part, whether we see Black Witch is anyone's guess.
ddf
impulse1999 View Post
I think we'll continue to see Mysa as The Black Witch since we've had several scenes with her and Blok in relation to Glorith and the Kali Yuga/"First Evil" blue guy from Oa. That was an interesting development for Mysa and I'd like to see it play through. It's a shame to lose Dawnstar, Wildfire, Tellus, Gates & Timber Wolf to Legion Lost, but that will open the door for new characters to join & flourish. Paul always rises to a challenge. I'd like to see Mon-el start a new romantic relationship with someone else. I think the Glorith backstory and story arc will be the next big epic.