The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics > Green Lantern

Old June 18th, 2005   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #1
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

Default The Unofficial Green Lantern Corps Web Page - update!

It's been a long time... but there's an update!

We're still in the midst of a revamp, so apologies for any lumps in the gravy.

(Link below)

Old June 18th, 2005   King_Hal_Jordan is offline   #2
King_Hal_Jordan
persona non grata

You need to update Hal, Guy, John, Kyle, Kilowog, and The Guardian's profiles to establish the new status quo and update the profiles of the GLs who appeared in the Wanted! storyline by Ben Raab.

If anyone else could update *Cough*me*Cough* it would already be done.

I enjoy meticulously updating information.
Last edited by King_Hal_Jordan; June 18th, 2005 at 07:54 PM.

Old June 18th, 2005   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #3
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

You need to update Hal, Guy, John, Kyle, Kilowog, and The Guardian's profiles to establish the new status quo and update the profiles of the GLs who appeared in the Wanted! storyline by Ben Raab..
ddf
King_Hal_Jordan
Hence the aforementioned "lumps"

The profiles that have been posted are only about 25% of what's on my computer. At last count, including the GL series indexes, there were 1,093 files. Believe it or not, They're all being worked on and will see the light of day... someday.

I am planning on a post-INFINITE CRISIS update next spring to bring everything up-to-date, then fill in the back history. In the meantime, there's a lot of excellent sites out there with more current info... we're going for the old, obscure stuff... Green Glob anyone?

If anyone else could update *Cough*me*Cough* it would already be done.

I enjoy meticulously updating information.
ddf
King_Hal_Jordan
Thanks, but I'm enjoying the GLCWP too much to start outsourcing the page. The writing's done by yours truly, with edits as needed by webmaster Tenzel Kim.

Old June 18th, 2005   Lord malvolio is offline   #4
Lord malvolio
Jordan Fan Extreme

Looks great Doc!

but '*Starship* Green Lantern,"? oi..........

Visit emerald dawn dot com for all your GL needs!

"Geoff has taken the lemon and made lemonade." in reference to Emerald Twilight and Rebirth
Old June 18th, 2005   King_Hal_Jordan is offline   #5
King_Hal_Jordan
persona non grata

Gotta agree with Mal, I'm pretty glad that didn't get picked up.

Old June 18th, 2005   darthlucifuge is offline   #6
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

yeh that star ship thing was pretty lame.

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old June 19th, 2005   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #7
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

While I'd lose the name "Starship Green Lantern" once past the proposal phase, I thought some of the concepts were workable - the starship made from canabalized off-world tech, visiting homeworlds of some of the Mosaic cities, DCU Earth actually being proactive in meeting aliens rather than waiting for the latest invasion or alien crashlanding!

John's relationship with the Xanshi survivors was much more interesting than the repetative returns of the increasingly ineffectual Fatality, or John's "in-and-out-of-the-wheelchair-as-punishment" days.

Old April 15th, 2007   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #8
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

*BUMP*

After doing our best to make the 9-times-a-year GREEN LANTERN shipping schedule look timely in comparison, there should be a GLCWP update in the next few weeks.

I have been e-mailing profiles to my editor / webmaster and am looking forward to having some Sinestro Corps items on the page. Stay tuned.

Old April 15th, 2007   Lundonj is offline   #9
Lundonj
Haggard Horseman

*BUMP*

After doing our best to make the 9-times-a-year GREEN LANTERN shipping schedule look timely in comparison, there should be a GLCWP update in the next few weeks.

I have been e-mailing profiles to my editor / webmaster and am looking forward to having some Sinestro Corps items on the page. Stay tuned.
ddf
DRMOUSE2814 View Post

I will stay tuned! I spend way too much time there. I'm kinda freaky that way. But, as the man said, "Green Lantern is cool, period."

-Don

By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth. -- George Carlin
Old April 15th, 2007   Mark MacMillan is offline   #10
Mark MacMillan
Destroyer of Worlds

*BUMP*

ddf
DRMOUSE2814 View Post
Looking forward to it. Maybe a separate index devoted to the Book of Parallax is in order though Doc.

What do you think?

Galactus ain't got $#!& on me!

"Gangsta Rap MADE me do it" - Ice Cube
Old April 15th, 2007   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #11
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

I'd been giving that some consideration, but waiting until the numbers really explode.

So far I've sent over Sinestro Corps members Despotellis, Kiriazis, and Low. Despotellis needs yet another re-write, and the other two of course were extremely easy, since there's really not much to be told. For GLs, Shirea Vaas, Bd'g, and the GL of Hykraius.

I've also been chewing over a "current activities" addition for some of the woefully incomplete profiles like Hal, John, Guy, Kyle and Alan.

There's about 80 new profiles I want to have online, spread out across the rest of 2007. I'm hoping to get some profiles related to ION & the GL CORPS Corpse 3-parter completed soon.

Old April 15th, 2007   Mark MacMillan is offline   #12
Mark MacMillan
Destroyer of Worlds

I'd been giving that some consideration, but waiting until the numbers really explode.

So far I've sent over Sinestro Corps members Despotellis, Kiriazis, and Low. Despotellis needs yet another re-write, and the other two of course were extremely easy, since there's really not much to be told. For GLs, Shirea Vaas, Bd'g, and the GL of Hykraius.

I've also been chewing over a "current activities" addition for some of the woefully incomplete profiles like Hal, John, Guy, Kyle and Alan.

There's about 80 new profiles I want to have online, spread out across the rest of 2007. I'm hoping to get some profiles related to ION & the GL CORPS Corpse 3-parter completed soon.
ddf
DRMOUSE2814 View Post
Awesome stuff. Good luck with that.

Galactus ain't got $#!& on me!

"Gangsta Rap MADE me do it" - Ice Cube
Old April 15th, 2007   Ryster is offline   #13
Ryster
Master Geoffan

Looks like the page is well on the way for some updates. I've always loved your site. Can't wait to see what comes up. If you need any stuff on Sorinok Natu. Let me know. I had a failed site on her, I had tons on her and her former and current partners.

Ryster
Old April 17th, 2007   Tenzel Kim is offline   #14
Tenzel Kim
Neo Geoffan

Just thouight I'd let everyone know that I'm working on getting some more of DRMOUSE2814's profiles online so expect to see some more updates in the coming days.

I'm also working on updating a lot of the images to increase the resolution and general image quality.

Old April 17th, 2007   Lundonj is offline   #15
Lundonj
Haggard Horseman

Just thouight I'd let everyone know that I'm working on getting some more of DRMOUSE2814's profiles online so expect to see some more updates in the coming days.

I'm also working on updating a lot of the images to increase the resolution and general image quality.
ddf
Tenzel Kim View Post
Cool. I'll keep checking back then...!

-Don

By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth. -- George Carlin
Old April 17th, 2007   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #16
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

ddf
Tenzel Kim View Post
Aww man, the boss is here... gotta look busy.

For anyone that doesn't know him, or his site, Tenz runs the excellent UNOFFICIAL GUIDE TO THE DC UNIVERSE http://www.dcuguide.com/ .

Visit soon! Visit often!