The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old November 11th, 2005   new x-man is offline   #1
new x-man
Full of Ionic power....

Default Best hand to hand combatants of either universe

Who can list all the hand to hand fighters in both DCU and MU. included are metahumans and cosmic entities that focus on hand to hand.

DCU: Karate Kid,Conner Hawke,Oliver Queen,Lady Shiva,Batman,Nightwing,Robin,WonderWoman,Richard Dragon,Batgirl,Deathstroke.

MU:Elecktra,Iron Fist,Temugin,Daredevil,Captain America,TaskMaster,Wolverine,Stick,Mantis,Gamora,G orgon,karnak,Mr.X,Ogun,Champion,Omega Red,Deadpool.

Old November 11th, 2005   ConnorFan is offline   #2
ConnorFan
aka Alex Violette

OJ Queen?? I dont think so, he is an insanely gifted archer to be sure but isnt he more of a slugger when it comes to h2h?

DC add Black Canary, Huntress, Wildcat, Bronze Tiger, Drakon, Artimis

Old November 11th, 2005   Stheno is offline   #3
Stheno
persona non grata

Elektra doesn't rate hand-to-hand, IMO. She got owned by Bullseye, for crying out loud, and he's primarily a ranged combatant. Granted, he's fought Daredevil several times, but still...she got OWNED.

Taskmaster, Cassandra Cain, Shang Chi, and Deathstroke are probably the top overall hand-to-hand combatants in the two universes. Special mention goes to Captain America, Daredevil, and Batman.

Old November 11th, 2005   Jeffrey Neary is offline   #4
Jeffrey Neary
I love it!!!

If someone got owned in the past..that doesn't mean they haven't improved since then.

Bullseye was early on in her career.

You ought to stop making assumptions and thinking the worst about people you don't know, and situations you aren't in a position to understand

-EVS
Old November 11th, 2005   new x-man is offline   #5
new x-man
Full of Ionic power....

Elektra doesn't rate hand-to-hand, IMO. She got owned by Bullseye, for crying out loud, and he's primarily a ranged combatant. Granted, he's fought Daredevil several times, but still...she got OWNED.

Taskmaster, Cassandra Cain, Shang Chi, and Deathstroke are probably the top overall hand-to-hand combatants in the two universes. Special mention goes to Captain America, Daredevil, and Batman.
ddf
Stheno

You see Elecktra lately? She stopped wolverine in his tracks by attacking his nerve centers not counting she is a bullet timer.

Old November 11th, 2005   Hudson Hawkman is offline   #6
Hudson Hawkman
Neo Geoffan

OJ Queen?? I dont think so, he is an insanely gifted archer to be sure but isnt he more of a slugger when it comes to h2h?

DC add Black Canary, Huntress, Wildcat, Bronze Tiger, Drakon, Artimis
ddf
ConnorFan
Yeah I didn't think GA was in the top fighters. What about Prometheus? He was good before he was downgraded to Hush's lackey in Gotham Knights and he beat the 15 member JLA single handedly. I'd argue that Katana would be a good choice on the DC side of the lists also.

HH

I am the Bulletman!

Faster than a speeding bullet...
Old November 11th, 2005   Lazy Gun is offline   #7
Lazy Gun
Neo Geoffan

Is it just me or do loads of comic heroes solve their fighting problems with kung-fu these days?

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.
Old November 11th, 2005   Stheno is offline   #8
Stheno
persona non grata

Meh, I'm just not an Elektra fan. I'm holding out hope that one day the Black Widow will punch her ticket. Wishful thinking, I'm sure.

Even so, I can think of about a dozen people better than Elektra. Taking down Wolverine is hardly an accomplishment these days...everyone has beaten him, from Spiderman to Daredevil to X-23.

Old November 11th, 2005   Eric Moreno is offline   #9
Eric Moreno
Super Dope Copy Editor

Capt. America took down the Hulk ... 'nuff said.

Read my new column Inside the Comic Writers Studio, which features some of the best comic writers around and appears weekly here at ComicBloc.com!
Old November 11th, 2005   Old School is offline   #10
Old School
persona non grata

ronald mcdonald

Old November 11th, 2005   rex tyler is offline   #11
rex tyler
The Bemused Horseman

No way! Mayor McCheese owned his a$$ back in McDonalds' Finest #7.

Better late than dead, man of the hour, better late than dead. - Jack Knight
Old November 11th, 2005   jafabian is offline   #12
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Elektra is a whole 'nother lady since when Bullseye took her down. She was dirty then. Not anymore.

Prometheus needs to be here. So does Cheshire and Omnipodeia. (I hope I spelled that right)

On the Marvel side we need Moon Knight, Black Panther and Puck.

Old November 11th, 2005   alucardbarnivous is offline   #13
alucardbarnivous
Jerry Whitworth

DC: Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Deathstroke, Batgirl, Oracle, Black Canary, Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, Savant, 12 Brothers in Silk, Bronze Tiger, Nemesis (from JSA), Rose Wilson, Green Arrow, Green Arrow II, Arsenal, Azrael II, Hawkman, Wildcat, Constantine Drakon, Karate Kid, Creote, Onyx, Red Hood, Shriek (League of Assassins), Shriek (Protege of the LOA member), Lady Vic, Tengu, Hwa Rang Rhee, Kitty Kumbata, Joey N'Bobo, Iro Aron Abromowitz, Wam-Wam, Bushido, Katana, Zeiss, Catwoman, Cheshire, and Shiv come to mind.

To keep up-to-date with me, friend me on Facebook.
Old November 11th, 2005   alucardbarnivous is offline   #14
alucardbarnivous
Jerry Whitworth

Elektra is a whole 'nother lady since when Bullseye took her down. She was dirty then. Not anymore.

Prometheus needs to be here. So does Cheshire and Omnipodeia. (I hope I spelled that right)

ddf
jafabian
Prometheus downloaded his skills through his helmet. Without it, I don't think he's up to snuff. As for Onomatopeia, I don't think we saw him use martials arts, did we? All I remember is him sporting a pistol and that's it.

To keep up-to-date with me, friend me on Facebook.
Old November 11th, 2005   rooboy666 is offline   #15
rooboy666
Free Ostrander Chairman

ddf
jafabian
I think you're looking for Onomatopoeia? The villain from Kevin Smith's second arc on Green Arrow?

BRING BACK JOHN OSTRANDER!
Old November 11th, 2005   new x-man is offline   #16
new x-man
Full of Ionic power....

I said hand to hand combatants regardless of powerlevel.......hence why I didn't include bullseye because for all his talent it is mainly about throwing things.MoonKnight is just a brawler as is Punisher. They don't have enough technique to be considered true hand to hand.