The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old September 24th, 2008   The Krystal Method is offline   #1
The Krystal Method
My <:3_)~ likes HAUS

Default Runaways Vol. 3, #2

Still not a fan of the art, but the writing was a huge improvement, maybe because Chase didn't really say anything at all. I'm curious to see what's up with the Howard Stern wanna-be. I also really want to see what's going to happen between Xavin and Karo.

"We tell lies about each other because the truth is such a bore."
Old September 24th, 2008   Saturn Girl is offline   #2
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

Still not a fan of the art, but the writing was a huge improvement, maybe because Chase didn't really say anything at all. I'm curious to see what's up with the Howard Stern wanna-be. I also really want to see what's going to happen between Xavin and Karo.
ddf
The Krystal Method View Post
I still need to pick this up, I've just seen scans over at S_D but I think that Chase is coming off kind of dickish and dumb, which is weird because he's supposed to have matured a lot. But then I read all this stuff about how Terry Moore loves Chase and thinks he's a young Captain America blah blah and I hope to see him turn a corner again to stop being the shallow doofus we saw in the early Runaways issues and switch back to the smarter than he looks Chase from the end of BKV's run. Even Whedon gave him some moments of grace. I'm putting my faith in Moore because he had such rich characters in SiP and trust he will give us lots of layers to Chase and the other 'ways.

I'm still not a Ramos fan and hope he is replaced. I'd love to see someone like Mark Brooks on the book, or bring back Michael Ryan.

I am the one who knocks.
Old September 29th, 2008   Human Bong is offline   #3
Human Bong
Pay Attention 2 Me

I assumed those two guys at the end were part of the 'gaming crew turned supervillains' put together by Alex's time lost younger father (--what a strange little sentence, only in comics!). I honestly can't remember what happened to those guys at the end of BVK's storyline.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old September 29th, 2008   Saturn Girl is offline   #4
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

I assumed those two guys at the end were part of the 'gaming crew turned supervillains' put together by Alex's time lost younger father (--what a strange little sentence, only in comics!). I honestly can't remember what happened to those guys at the end of BVK's storyline.
ddf
Human Bong View Post
No, the two guys at the end are new characters. The one with the glasses is a popular LA disc jockey introduced last issue, and the one in the hospital bed was some kind of producer/boss at the radio station who had a disagreement with the DJ, then suffered a freak accident. It appears that the DJ somehow caused the accident and killed the man while he was defenseless in bed.

Chase got a job working at that radio station and presumably will have some subplot dealing with the evil DJ.

I am the one who knocks.
Old September 29th, 2008   Human Bong is offline   #5
Human Bong
Pay Attention 2 Me

No, the two guys at the end are new characters. The one with the glasses is a popular LA disc jockey introduced last issue, and the one in the hospital bed was some kind of producer/boss at the radio station who had a disagreement with the DJ, then suffered a freak accident. It appears that the DJ somehow caused the accident and killed the man while he was defenseless in bed.

Chase got a job working at that radio station and presumably will have some subplot dealing with the evil DJ.
ddf
Saturn Girl View Post
Geez, I completely forgot all about that subplot. I must have really sped through the first issue.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!