The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old June 17th, 2011   Jake1823 is offline   #1
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Default Luther (BBC show)

Anybody seen this? I saw it streaming on Netflix and gave it a try because I loved Idris Elba in The Wire.

The procedural part of this is well done, yet pretty familiar. It's just that the cast is really good, especially Elba as the titular character, DCI John Luther. The season finale, especially, is amazing.

So that makes two BBC shows that I'll be watching: Sherlock and Luther. Hadn't watched any before this.

Where is everybody?
Old June 18th, 2011   Ken Liner is offline   #2
Ken Liner
White Pawn 743 - ONLINE

Luther was awesome. Before this, I didn't know Elba was actually British. I had only seen him in The Wire & The Loser where he has an American accent.

Earlier this week, I saw this link and saw season 2 is starting on BBC One. Hopefully it won't take too long to get to us.