The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old February 4th, 2011   michealdark is offline   #1
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Default Biggest WTF moments in comics thread

What it sounds like. Post and discuss the scenes that have made you stop and do a Kitty Pryde "yeahbuhwhat?"

I'm afraid of posting the images again, but a good starter is the time Iron Man's sentient suit raped Jocasta. I truly worry about the thought process that goes into crafting a scene like that.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old February 5th, 2011   Sentinel119 is offline   #2
Sentinel119
Supreme Geoffan

How about Magneto getting decapitated and then showing up alive in Genosha.

"Bible, Wrath of Kahn. What's the difference?"
Cyclops was Right
Old February 5th, 2011   michealdark is offline   #3
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Everything Ultimatuum comes to mind

RIP Tara
Old February 5th, 2011   Saturn Girl is offline   #4
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

Donna Troy falling in love with Terry Long.

I am the one who knocks.
Old February 5th, 2011   michealdark is offline   #5
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

It was the 80's. People that looked like Kenny Loggins and had neckbeards were hot at the time.

RIP Tara
Old February 5th, 2011   jafabian is offline   #6
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Wolverine getting his adamantium ripped out of him by Magento.

Darkseid being revealed as the Master in LSH's Great Darkness Saga.

All the Avengers getting killed by Korvac.

Matter-Eater Lad eating the Miracle Machine.

Swamp Thing revealed not to be Alec Holland.

Captain America considering running for president.

Beta Ray Bill take Mjolnir from Thor.

Spider-Man reveals identity to Aunt May.

Plastic Man infiltrates Injustice Gang as the Joker.

Batman bribes Mirror Master to betray Lex Luthor.

Old February 5th, 2011   michealdark is offline   #7
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

The trials and hilarious tribulations of Herr Star

Doop! Not because he's a bad character. He's great. But he's sooooo strange. Mutants are human. I'm not sure Doop was ever human. He might be related to Slimer

RIP Tara
Old February 5th, 2011   HushedRuin is offline   #8
HushedRuin
of Positive Island.

In "The Fall Of Green Arrow", I think.... Nedocerda, was it? The antagonistic police chief dude... he was a little shocked when they unmasked GA to find Ollie.

half of The Infosiders with Arcademan...

oWt 4 LIFE.
Old February 5th, 2011   Cousin Cory Springhorn is offline   #9
Cousin Cory Springhorn
Advanced Geoffan

My top 3 picks pretty much give away my age:

#3- Hawkeye (1st mini-series) #4, in which we discover in the two page epilogue that Hawkeye and Mockingbird, who only met for the first time in issue #1, have gotten married off-panel. At that time, married heroes were rare anyway, but heroes that got married without a giant-sized annual featuring super-villains crashing the wedding? Unheard of!

#2- Crisis on Infinite Earths #4- by the time we got to this issue, it was clear that DC was clearing away concepts such as Earth-3. I expected that by the end of the series, only a few earths would remain. But at the end of this issue, both Earth-2 and Earth-1 (!) were destroyed by the anti-matter wave!

#1- New Teen Titans (v1) #34- For me, this issue's conclusion defines "jaw-dropping." (For those who don't know, this was the issue wherein we learned that Terra, who had joined the team a few issues earlier, was a mole working with Deathstroke- although, back then, we just called him "The Terminator.")

Old February 5th, 2011   michealdark is offline   #10
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

In Extremis, while it was necessary, Tony blew the villain's head off and then kicked the body and swore at it in a blinding rage

RIP Tara
Old February 5th, 2011   Harry is offline   #11
Harry
Undercover Other

WTF moments = Great surprises/reveals/cliffhangers

Watchmen = "I think it's Veidt."

Watchmen = "His...Y'know, his friend's daughter?"

JLA: Tower Of Babel = Batman revealed as the true mastermind behind the anti-JLA protocols.

JLA: Rock Of Ages = In a post-Apokolips future, Green Arrow and the Atom take down Darkseid.

JSA: Black Vengeance = The voice in Atom Smasher's head was Ray Palmer. The voice in Brainwave Jr's head was Mr. Mind. They couldn't get along, so they had to get it on.

O'Neil's The Question #1 = The first issue of his new solo ongoing ends with Vic Sage taking a bullet and dying at the bottom of the harbor.

GL Rebirth #4 = Hal is officially back, baby!!

Countdown To Infinite Crisis = Blue Beetle's last stand.

Infinite Crisis = Superboy Prime's rampage. Thanks for coming, Pantha.

52 = Booster discovers Rip Hunter's lab.

52 = Sobek chews out Osiris.

52 = "Lantern Mogo made the catch."

Identity Crisis #7 = "I didn't mean to."

Blackest Night = All the heroes who have ever been resurrected get claimed as Black Lanterns by Nekron.

Preacher = Cassidy impersonates Jesse Custer to save the day.

Preacher = The airplane scene where Cassidy tries to save Jesse, who ends up sacrificing himself to save Cassidy, instead.

Preacher = Jesse catches a punch from the super-strong Cassidy and stares him down. After Cassidy leaves, Jesse asks Tulip to drive him to a hospital because Cassidy actually broke every bone in his hand.

Ennis' Punisher = "No."

Batman: Dark Victory = "Sofia Gigante is the hangman."

Morrison's Doom Patrol = The Chief was responsible for the "accidents" that made the DP into freaks.

WTF moments = WTF????

Waid/Wieringo's Fantastic Four = Ben gets killed when Reed's coup of Latveria goes bad. Reed can't live without his best friend, so the Fantastic Three go to Heaven and convince Ben to return, but not before they meet Jack Kirby, who gives them a sketch.

52 = Presenting the new Question; Renee Montoya! Swell, kill two great characters for a worse version of them both.

Preacher = "Wub."

Ennis' Punisher = Detective Soap has an encounter with a lady of the evening, who is actually his long-lost mother.

Secret Six = We meet Ragdoll's sister for the first time.

Batman: Cacophony = Joker shows his gratitude upon getting freed from Arkham.

Batman: Long Halloween = The multiple "reveals" as to Holiday's possible maybe implied identities. I'm still confused.

Hulk/Incredible Hulk = The identities of Red Hulk and Red She Hulk revealed as Thunderbolt Ross and Betty Ross, respectively. All the more disturbing considering that the characters seemed to have subtle sexual tension between them when we first met RSH. Also, T-Bolt (later revealed to be a LMD) stood over the defeated Red Hulk and gave him a tongue-lashing in Hulk #6. Shenanigans!!

52/WW3/Black Adam: The Dark Age = Billy Batson changed Adam's magic word to "something he'd never say in a million years." It turned out to be "chocolate egg cream," which Adam eventually just happened to guess. Not only was it a cheat, it was convoluted-as-heck cheat. Fandom responded with several magic words of their own, none of which are suitable for an all-ages board.

Morrison's New X-Men = Professor X had a genetic twin that he tried to kill in the womb. Didn't he mention?

Whedon's Astonishing X-Men = Professor X knew that the Danger Room was sentient for years. Didn't he mention?

Brubaker's X-Men: Deadly Genesis = Professor X sent a doomed second team to Krakoa led by the long-lost third Summers brother. Didn't he mention?

More as I think of them. Great thread, MD!

"I'll just listen to Harry a little longer. Harry's great." --Drunken Tony Stark, Invincible Iron Man #171 (1983)
Old February 5th, 2011   jafabian is offline   #12
jafabian
I’m not dead.

In Legionnaires when Chris Sprouse was the artist he did a great one that was only for a few panels: Matter-Eater Lad vs. the Persuader! Persuader has battled at one time or another Superman, Superboy, Mon-El, Ultra Boy, Wildfire, Colossal Boy, Timber Wolf, Karate Kid, Star Boy and Cosmic Boy either to a standstill or defeated them. Heck, he almost killed Duplicate Boy when he was duplicating Superboy's powers and was attempting to add Validus'! ME Lad throws himself at Persuader, leading teeth first and with one CHOMP defeats him simply by biting the axe in half. Who knew it would be so simple?

Who could forget THIS moment? Fave Superman moment.

Old February 5th, 2011   enphoenix05 is offline   #13
enphoenix05
Geoffan

Ultimates Volume 1# - The fight between Giant Man and the Wasp. I was never a big fan of either character but was the explicit nature of that fight really necessary

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I am a man of wealth and taste"
Old February 5th, 2011   tony soprano is offline   #14
tony soprano
Geoffan

cassidys eyeballs in preacher

Old February 5th, 2011   ADGood is offline   #15
ADGood
I meant it in a good way

355's death in Y: The Last Man.

Mm...Most of OMD.

Um...also, Buffy developing a thing for Japanese schoolgirls over in her comic.

Old February 5th, 2011   michealdark is offline   #16
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Ronin is Echo

The ending of Young Liars. Love the series. Lapham does some of the best crime stories ever told. But I still don't know, over a year later, just what happened.

RIP Tara