The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Television, Movies and Animation

Television, Movies and Animation aka The Talkies!

Old January 29th, 2009   Elias is offline   #1
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

Default Predator Reboot

From Collider:
Anyway, while talking to him today, he gave us updates on whether or not they’ll be another “Aliens vs. Predator” movie, what’s up with “Jason and the Argonauts,” and his take on a “Sims” movie – which is based on the very popular video game.

The quick info is that “AVP” is dead, but we might get another “Predator” movie after Arnold leaves office.
“Jason and the Argonauts” might have a HUGE director attached.
And “The Sims” movie has a touch of “Weird Science.”
ddf
ddf
From IESB: Fox Chairman Tom Rothman Goes On the Record Part 3
IESB: Just a couple days ago, John Davis, brought up a couple of things, you've probably read about, that he's talked to Arnold [Schwarzenegger] and that he would like to do a stand alone Predator movie.

TR: Who? Arnold would or John?

IESB: Both John and Arnold.

TR: Just give us a call just as soon as his political days are over. Hey, it's all news to me but we would certainly be open to it.

IESB: How about a reboot? No?

TR: You mean with or without Arnold?

IESB: Without Arnold.

TR: That's an idea, I'm gonna make a note of that.

IESB: Davis said that Arnold mentioned to him that as soon as he's done with his Governorship and if he doesn't go onto any other government position, that he'd like to do 1 or 2 movies.

TR: You'll forgive me if I'm a little skeptical about John and that but...just give the Governor my number. Tell him as soon as he gets the state budget signed to call me.
ddf
From Bloody Disgusting:'Predator' Reboot In Serious Trouble

We've got a holy sh*t scoop for you that's going to have half of you screaming in excitement and the other throwing tomatoes.

A reliable source dropped us a line revealing to us that Robert Rodriquez and his Troublemaker Studios will be producing the Predator reboot for 20th Century Fox.

Now here' the kicker, the pitch being sent around town implies that the reboot will have more than one predator.

"In the reboot a team of commandoes face down a mysterious race of vicious monsters."

No writer has been attached yet - and there is no script. No word on whether or not Rodriquez will direct, but it seems highly unlikely considering how many projects he has in development.
ddf

Old April 24th, 2009   Elias is offline   #2
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

From AICN: Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS officially confirmed today!

Old April 24th, 2009   Infernorhythm is offline   #3
Infernorhythm
Aspiring Writer

Eh. I love Predator, it's probably the one 80s action flick that balanced cool fights with a smart story and tone. I like Rodriguez, but I'm not sure.

I think io9.com put it best. The cultural image of a commando has changed. In the 80s it was a muscleman who could take out an army. Today it's essentially Jason Bourne. And don't get me wrong, I would love essentially a Bourne vs. aliens movie, but I'm not sure if that's what Predator is.

Superman Returns was a great film. DO NOT REBOOT!
Old April 24th, 2009   Elias is offline   #4
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

From /film:
Predators Gets July 2010 Release Date, Robert Rodriguez NOT Directing

From io9: Robert Rodriguez Spearheads Predator Reboot: But Can It Be Done?

Old April 24th, 2009   Director of Everything is offline   #5
Director of Everything
YOU'RE ruining comics

Robert Rodriguez answers some questions about PREDATORS!!!

Believe it or not, I LOVE COMICS!!! and it's only hard to tell because I know that they can be and SHOULD BE better.
Old April 25th, 2009   married guy is offline   #6
married guy
The 3 Legged Horseman

Sounds.... interesting.
Rodriguez could pull it off.

'My name is Wally West. I'm the Flash!'
I'm in a very abusive relationship with DC, and I just keep coming back for more. - Fastest
Old April 26th, 2009   Elias is offline   #7
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

I'd like to see the cast of THE EXPENDABLES vs the Predators!

Old April 28th, 2009   Elias is offline   #8
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

From iesb:
Robert is using the script he wrote more than 10 years ago.
ddf
Tom Rothman

Old April 29th, 2009   Elias is offline   #9
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

From Screenwriters Utopia 05/24/01: Script Review: PREDATORS

Predators (negative, minor spoilers)
Written by Robert Rodriguez

I've heard that Robert Rodriguez wrote this partially for fun's sake. And while I'll admit that it's at times, "fun" to read. It meanders and goes nowhere fast. It doesn't hold with continuity established by the first Predator movie with Ah-nuld. The main problem is that there is no beginning and the ending is too obvious ahead of time.

Basically, a team of Marine commandos have captured Dutch (Ah-nuld from the first film...pay attention!) and are taking him back to a prison colony on another planet. (yeah, i know. Right away I was confused too but you have to suspend major belief) Anyway, when the commandos arrive on the planet they find a crucified Predator and the remains of the prison. The commandos are quickly overwhelmed and captured (a few are killed) and are taken back to the predator encampment where we see not only humans but other various creatures and monsters in cages. The other predators then have the random creatures fight each other.

The entire middle is devoted mainly to attempting to develop each Marine's character but after awhile, you lose interest. Anyways, during this gruesome sports combat, Dutch escapes as do a few other commandos who go after him. Dutch somehow knows why the one predator was crucified and releases him (he wasn't dead, just strung up). This predator was basically an outcast, a bad seed and proceeds to run roughshod over the encampment battling side by side with Dutch to kill all the other predators. Once that's done, we meet the predator king and hundreds of other predators arrive. It turns out that one of the commandos, JC, can actually communicate with the predators and this whole plan was to sacrifice Dutch to the predators because he had killed one way back on earth (the first movie, again). After a vicious battle between the two, and then between the predator king and Dutch, he manages to escape in a drop-ship along with the outcast predator. As they fly away, Dutch sees a monitor on the ship with coordinates to Earth. The realization dawns on him that Earth is the next target of the predators. Fade out.

The problem is an overlying "so what" to this whole script. First, I'd eliminate half of the commando team. Too many players to keep track of. Secondly, too many creatures that the predators have captured. When a story falls into "look at the cool CGI creatures and special effects we made" then the story suffers BIG time. This is the same reason why I really hope there is never an Aliens Vs. Predator movie. It, like this, would be just 2 hours of special effects. I'm not worried about PREDATORS being made in my lifetime. Which is a good thing. And that's the bottom line.
ddf

Old May 5th, 2009   Elias is offline   #10
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

From /film: Alex Litvak Penning Predators

1996 PREDATORS script: http://www.sendspace.com/pro/m1ust0

Old September 27th, 2009   Elias is offline   #11
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

From /film:
Danny Trejo Cast in Predators

Old September 28th, 2009   Elias is offline   #12
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

From Latino Review:
Exclusive: First Look At Robert Rodriguez's Predators!!

Old October 7th, 2009   HushedRuin is offline   #13
HushedRuin
of Positive Island.

Wow. Danny Trejo was exciting, but my interest just dropped off a cliff....
According to The Hollywood Reporter's Blog, Adrien Brody and Topher Grace are both on negotiations to join the cast of Predators. Danny Trejo and Walt Goggins are signed on for the film, and other additions could include Alice Braga (I Am Legend), Mahershalalhashbaz Ali (The 4400), and MMA fighter Oleg Taktarov (Bad Boys II). The film will shoot in Hawaii, with Nimrod Antal directing and Robert Rodriguez producing. Here is the latest on the plot, from THR:

"Brody is a man who ends up inheriting the mantle of leader and is known as a hunter of men. Grace would play an accountant-type whose unassuming facade masks a dangerous serial killer. Braga is the tough female killer. Ali is a man not afraid to die, Goggins is the loose canon of the group and Taktarov is a former Russian special ops agent. Trejo, already cast, is Cuchillo, a hardened warrior with twin uzis strapped to his back."
ddf
http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/118426/[Movies]-Adrien-Brody-and-Topher-Grace-In-Negotiations-To-Join-Predators.htm

If I heard Topher Grace's and Adrian Brody's characters were slaughtered, I'd go for sure, but otherwise I think I'm out.

half of The Infosiders with Arcademan...

oWt 4 LIFE.
Old March 13th, 2010   shamon2k7 is offline   #14
shamon2k7
Geoffan

Predators Sneak Peek Online!

http://www.predators-movie.com

trailer will be available on March 18th.

Old March 13th, 2010   Augustine is offline   #15
Augustine
We win. My friend.

Cautiously optimistic.

Big fan of the first, not fond of the second.

Just got the Predator on Blu Ray and even have AVP on the PC which came out not long ago.

Fortune favors the foolish.
Old March 14th, 2010   DaVeO is offline   #16
DaVeO
Talk to the Hand of Doom

Give me Predators vs Colonial Marines. What? They don't have to JUST fight Aliens.

Tribute has Predators scheduled for a July 9th release since the beginning of the year.

Where ever you go, there you are.