The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > The Comic Shop: Creators

The Comic Shop: Creators but wait, there's more!

Old June 3rd, 2010   michealdark is offline   #1
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Default The Official Ask JT Krul Thread

We had one for Geoff. We had one for Sean. I just got the okay from JT to do one for him as well.

Keep in mind that we have to wait to get too much Titans news, but hey, that doesn't mean we can't ask about ROA, Green Arrow, or Aspen!

Anyways, my opening question has to deal with Fathom. I have the Definitive Edition and the Vol. 3 trade. I made it through the Definitive edition, but I'm concerned about jumping into Vol. 3 just yet. I know Fathom and Soulfire are series so tied to their internal mythology that I worry that if I skip any part of them I'll be totally lost. Do I need vol. 2 in order to understand vol. 3?

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old June 3rd, 2010   Neo God is offline   #2
Neo God
Geoffan

1. Any possibilities of doing a Green Lantern/Green Arrow crossover, over with Geoff Johns's GL?

2. Since you're writing both Green Arrow and Teen Titans, is it safe to assume Mia will head back to Titans?

3. Any plans for new members?

4. How do you feel about some of the Teen Titans characters? We've gotten a fairly good taste of your take on the elder Titans, so how do you see or what do you like about some of the guys like Bart Allen or Conner Kent?

5. Will Roy Harper fans be able to breathe? Eventually?

Pull List: Action Comics, The Flash, Green Arrow, Superboy, Superman/Batman
Old June 3rd, 2010   White Lighting is offline   #3
White Lighting
CAN RUN SUPER DUPER FAST!

how many issues are you slated for in regards to teen titans and green arrow?

Been walking around the "neighborhood" a bit, and I like what I see. I think I am going to make a home here on the bloc.
Old June 3rd, 2010   michealdark is offline   #4
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Aspen still brings in a lot of Top Cow artists. Is the working relationship between the companies solid?

RIP Tara
Old June 3rd, 2010   zekeman1 is offline   #5
zekeman1
Master Geoffan

can i have some money ? i had to ask.

bob

ben, does it have a hemi ?
Old June 3rd, 2010   michealdark is offline   #6
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Views on bringing fine arts approaches to comics?

Incorruptible or Incognito?

I love Executive Assistant, but the scheduling of that book is as messed up as ASBAR. What's up with that?

RIP Tara
Old June 3rd, 2010   MattDiCarlo is offline   #7
MattDiCarlo
Threat or Menace?

How soon before people start asking about Lilith?

I kid, I kid.

I guess I'll nudge my content thoughts over here. Do you think that there's more of a responsibility for Teen Titans to be the sort of book that a librarian feels comfortable recommending to a young teen as a gateway book into the DCU than something like Outsiders or even "Titans."

Old June 3rd, 2010   michealdark is offline   #8
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Do you think Damage and Terra II are now together in the afterlife?

How about Gnark and Lilith?

RIP Tara
Old June 3rd, 2010   therealssjlink is offline   #9
therealssjlink
Master Geoffan

Awesome, I love these threads.

Since we have no info on your run and we know you can't answer anything specifically related to it yet, I've got two generic questions for you concerning Teen Titans:

1: Who is your favorite character (doesn't have to be on the current team)?

2: What character are you most interested in writing about that IS on the current team?

"I have no fear of failure."

May 2010
Old June 3rd, 2010   michealdark is offline   #10
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Would Grace and Raven get along?

RIP Tara
Old June 4th, 2010   JT Krul is offline   #11
JT Krul

We had one for Geoff. We had one for Sean. I just got the okay from JT to do one for him as well.

Keep in mind that we have to wait to get too much Titans news, but hey, that doesn't mean we can't ask about ROA, Green Arrow, or Aspen!

Anyways, my opening question has to deal with Fathom. I have the Definitive Edition and the Vol. 3 trade. I made it through the Definitive edition, but I'm concerned about jumping into Vol. 3 just yet. I know Fathom and Soulfire are series so tied to their internal mythology that I worry that if I skip any part of them I'll be totally lost. Do I need vol. 2 in order to understand vol. 3?
ddf
michealdark View Post
Hey guys, okay let's get this ball rolling. I tried to make Fathom Vol.3 as accessible as possible. The #0 issue catches you up on the broad strokes before jumping into the volume, but a lot happens in Volume Two - specifically revealing the connection between Aspen and the mythic figures known as the BLACK.

jt

Old June 4th, 2010   JT Krul is offline   #12
JT Krul

1. Any possibilities of doing a Green Lantern/Green Arrow crossover, over with Geoff Johns's GL?

2. Since you're writing both Green Arrow and Teen Titans, is it safe to assume Mia will head back to Titans?

3. Any plans for new members?

4. How do you feel about some of the Teen Titans characters? We've gotten a fairly good taste of your take on the elder Titans, so how do you see or what do you like about some of the guys like Bart Allen or Conner Kent?

5. Will Roy Harper fans be able to breathe? Eventually?
ddf
Superman One Million View Post
1. Believe me, I love seeing Hal and Ollie together - and that's one of the reasons Hal comes into GA in Issue #2. As for a bigger crossover, it would be awesome for sure, but for the time being both both books have other big plans lined up.

2. I love Mia, but you know what they say about assuming. God, I love the Bad News Bears.

3. Would you like to know. : )

4. That's a big question, so I'll simply touch upon Bart and Conner. In many ways, Geoff really nailed the essence in Adventure Comics - Ever since learning of his Luthor heritage, Conner's been plagued with that "good and evil inside" dilemma. Is he just as likely to be a villain like Lex as he is a hero like Superman? But since coming back, he's made progress towards overcoming that inner struggle - seeing the world and his place in it with more clarity and ease. As for Bart, he always scoffed when Wally would talk about the great Barry Allen - Bart was more of a MAx Mercury kind of guy. But now seeing firsthand what BArry was all about, it raised the bar for Bart's goal. He can learn everything ever recorded in a manner of seconds, he still must understand that there's a difference between knowledge and wisdom.

5. Well, there's only one issue left of the Rise of Arsenal, but his journey is really just beginning.

Old June 4th, 2010   JT Krul is offline   #13
JT Krul

how many issues are you slated for in regards to teen titans and green arrow?
ddf
White Lighting View Post
As many as they'll let me write. I have both books mapped out for about a year - but if given the opportunity, Teen Titans and Green Arrow will be my homes for the long haul.

Old June 4th, 2010   JT Krul is offline   #14
JT Krul

Aspen still brings in a lot of Top Cow artists. Is the working relationship between the companies solid?
ddf
michealdark View Post
Aspen is a great place for artists to shine. They seem to attract artists and creators from all across the industry. Case in Point, Joe Benitez and his upcoming "Lady Mechanika" project, Eric Battle on The Scourge, and then of course there is Alex Konat totally killing on Mindfield.

Old June 4th, 2010   JT Krul is offline   #15
JT Krul

can i have some money ? i had to ask.
ddf
zekeman1 View Post
I don't know, can you? : )

Old June 4th, 2010   JT Krul is offline   #16
JT Krul

Views on bringing fine arts approaches to comics?

Incorruptible or Incognito?

I love Executive Assistant, but the scheduling of that book is as messed up as ASBAR. What's up with that?
ddf
michealdark View Post
Aspen ran into a snag in the later part of last year and they are getting back on track. Everything is set for regular releasing and that should include Iris.