The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old August 17th, 2011   StarFlash is offline   #1
StarFlash
Geoffan

Default Where's Aqualad?

In JT Krul's first issue of Teen Titans (TEEN TITANS #88) didn't it show Aqualad in the last page? Wasn't it hinted that he would be joining before the reboot?
What happened? I was really interested in finding out how he would interact with the rest of the team. Especially his Young Justice teammates Red Robin, Superboy and Kid Flash.
Anyone else been wondering about that too?

Total SpeedFreak!
Old August 17th, 2011   Timekeeper is offline   #2
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

I believe Scott Lobdell has suggested that we'll be seeing Aqualad somewhere down the road.

Damn, I needed a new signature :P
Old August 17th, 2011   heffison is offline   #3
heffison
Lapsed Reader

In JT Krul's first issue of Teen Titans (TEEN TITANS #88) didn't it show Aqualad in the last page? Wasn't it hinted that he would be joining before the reboot?
What happened? I was really interested in finding out how he would interact with the rest of the team. Especially his Young Justice teammates Red Robin, Superboy and Kid Flash.
Anyone else been wondering about that too?
ddf
StarFlash View Post
We know that with the reblaunch, a lot of what Krul and others had planned won't see the light of day. The tease with New Aqualad is just part of that. If he's used in TT or the Aquaman books, it will be new stories by the nU writers for those books. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him show up before too long. Both versions of New Aqualad have gone over pretty well, and I don't think the book version's origin story has to suffer much from the continuity-hacking for the DCnU.

Old August 17th, 2011   Joey Wilson is offline   #4
Joey Wilson
Geoffan

Too bad. I was really looking forward to seeing Krul use him.