The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old February 2nd, 2016   Foggy's Pal is offline   #33
Foggy's Pal

I am bummed about some of the cancellations, especially Grayson and Midnighter. I am hopeful for a TT with Damien and JSA. I really wish they would go to more traditional Bat books and just have Batman, Detective, Nightwing, and Robin. I would also love a continuation of a Clark and Lois book. And, we need a Legion book.

Old February 3rd, 2016   starks is offline   #34
starks
Geoffan

This has me worried. How many reboots can we go through until they stick with something?

Old February 3rd, 2016   DSumner is offline   #35
DSumner
Neo Geoffan

Even though I know I should know better, I'm going to go ahead and tell them to add the 1st issue of Titans and Teen Titans to my pull list. Until I read them, I'll remain hopefully optimistic. Keeping my fingers cross that I'll actually enjoy them.

Old February 3rd, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #36
[email protected]
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

Even though I know I should know better, I'm going to go ahead and tell them to add the 1st issue of Titans and Teen Titans to my pull list. Until I read them, I'll remain hopefully optimistic. Keeping my fingers cross that I'll actually enjoy them.
ddf
DSumner View Post
I know the feeling. The last time the TT was any good was when Geoff Johns was writing it. DC has done everything they could possibly do in the last 7 years or so to kill the franchise. But still, I remain optimistic. Titans Hunt has given me hope, so we'll see.....

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old February 3rd, 2016   BrianT is offline   #37
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

I am bummed about some of the cancellations, especially Grayson and Midnighter. I am hopeful for a TT with Damien and JSA. I really wish they would go to more traditional Bat books and just have Batman, Detective, Nightwing, and Robin. I would also love a continuation of a Clark and Lois book. And, we need a Legion book.
ddf
Foggy's Pal View Post
If it makes you feel any better, MIDNIGHTER was heading for cancellation, regardless of Rebirth. The sales were very low.

Philadelphia Comic Book Examiner
Twitter: PAComicExaminer

Subscribe to my page
Old February 3rd, 2016   Foggy's Pal is offline   #38
Foggy's Pal

If it makes you feel any better, MIDNIGHTER was heading for cancellation, regardless of Rebirth. The sales were very low.
ddf
BrianT View Post
Haha. Yeah, I know. It's a shame some of these books can't gain traction. Many of these are critical favorites, but can't gain readers. Not sure why...

Old February 4th, 2016   DSumner is offline   #39
DSumner
Neo Geoffan

I know the feeling. The last time the TT was any good was when Geoff Johns was writing it. DC has done everything they could possibly do in the last 7 years or so to kill the franchise. But still, I remain optimistic. Titans Hunt has given me hope, so we'll see.....
ddf
Even then, I wondered about some of the choices they made. Things had been looking up a bit, just before they dumped everything for the Nu52. They'd brought in Solstice, a fun character who wasn't all dark and depressing (Nu52 killed that), and the previews they showed, had the new Aqualad (another fun character who we've yet to see).

But, and as I said, I should know better, I'm going to give them another shot at earning some of my hard earned cash.

Old February 4th, 2016   Call Me El is offline   #40
Call Me El
Geoffan

I don't expect them to simply reinstate the pre-Flashpoint universe, but rather than yet another reboot with another set of "all-new No. 1s", I really wish they'd just restore a more traditional interpretation of the characters and resume the original numbering, at least of the iconic titles.

Let's call the intervening 52 issues a prolonged Elseworld where things somehow went horribly wrong (on and off the panel).

"I know nothing stays the same
But if you're willing to play the game
It's coming around again" - Carly Simon
Old February 4th, 2016   BrianT is offline   #41
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

Haha. Yeah, I know. It's a shame some of these books can't gain traction. Many of these are critical favorites, but can't gain readers. Not sure why...
ddf
Foggy's Pal View Post
Because critics (who often do not have to pay) are looking for something new to cover, while readers are generally looking for something familiar.

Subscribe to my page
Old February 4th, 2016   BrianT is offline   #42
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

For the record, and I realize we're just responding to rumors here, but I need more substance before I can garner any level of interest in any of these reports. DC needs to make creator/title pairings that immediately invoke a response from readers. Much like I said in my previous post, give us something that feels familiar. Put Neal Adams on GREEN ARROW or BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT. Just shuffling around the same line up of creators with no rhyme or reason isn't gonna do it.

I think of SPAWN as a good current example. Todd McFarlane and Erik Larsen, two Image co-founders, working together, in both story and art, on an original Image Comics property is an exciting proposition. DC needs to capture some of that.

Subscribe to my page
Old February 5th, 2016   HushedRuin is offline   #43
HushedRuin
of Positive Island.

I think of SPAWN as a good current example. Todd McFarlane and Erik Larsen, two Image co-founders, working together, in both story and art, on an original Image Comics property is an exciting proposition. DC needs to capture some of that.
ddf
BrianT View Post
I think it's also working on garnering some buzz because it delivers what Spawn hasn't had in awhile. I read that their first issue together was just Spawn beating the bajeezis out of things. An action-packed take on Spawn? Even if it's just for like 6 issues, I'm onboard with that 100%.

There needs to be some buzz/"star power" to the names, but if something delivers, then word will get out about it. I think that's what's been missing recently for DC (seems the consesnsus, anyway).

half of The Infosiders with Arcademan...

oWt 4 LIFE.
Old February 5th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #44
Amentep

Because critics (who often do not have to pay) are looking for something new to cover, while readers are generally looking for something familiar.
ddf
BrianT View Post
To be fair, I think some of the stuff (PREZ in particular) is actually really really good. But there was (and it is unfortunate in its way) really little chance it'd do better than Vertigo numbers.

But that's PREZ, its a bigger problem (IMO) that some of the tried and true characters are scraping the sales bottom.