The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old October 18th, 2014   Jorge Galvan is offline   #1
Jorge Galvan
Supporters

Default your thoughts on the LIBERTY LEGION

hey all, the LL is one of my FAVE groups in the marvel U and I honestly think they are better than the INVADERS, but that's just me!

Did anyone read and LOVE the PARTIOT Mini from a few years ago?? that was the best LL story in eons! brilliant.

I know there was a crap version during Civil war and the 50 states initiative, know nothing about it!

So as it stand...

Jeff Mace has passed away, god rest his soul. There is Patriot from the Teen Avengers...

Jack Frost is still in the belly of that ICE WORM from Captain America?

Both RED RAVENS (Father and Daughter) are still in the Bird people floating city, where ever that is?

The Whizzer and Ms. America are deceased, RIP

The THIN MAN is a secret agent, who's a bitter old man!!!

The Blue Diamond was transformed in the pages of MARVEL 2 in 1 and given the power cosmic and left Earth with whatshername, the space chick. Then was briefly referenced in the pages of QUASAR and then shows up (real briefly) in the INVADERS mini that had the Blazing Skull, as HUMAN!?!?? And that is that for appearances, right?

So what do ya think? Could they at least have a decent MINI, much less a ongoing? Was thinking of driving down to Indiana to Mark Waid's comic shop and gonna ask him to pitch something.

Why Waid? Cause he was the one who said, "I waited 25 years to write a Mr. terrific story!" When he did the 1999 one off. Anyone with that much passion, I think can pull this off.

thoughts?

Old October 20th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #2
Amentep

Red Raven pere, may still be alive, but Red Raven fille - Dania was her name as I recall - was killed in AVENGERS ARENA.

I've not read the issue where Blue Diamond meets the Star Dancer or whatever so I'm not sure if there is a discontinuity with his appearance in THE INVADERS mini (which I haven't read since publication) or his appearance in the AVENGERS/INVADERS series.

Jack Frost's status is still the same IIRC.

While the Liberteens were certainly "inspired" by the Liberty Legion, I'd consider them more an homage than a continuation of the original LL.

I'd read a good looking Liberty Legion book BUT with the Invaders as a marginal seller, I'm not sure Marvel is going to jump at the chance of doing something with them.

Old October 22nd, 2014   Jorge Galvan is offline   #3
Jorge Galvan
Supporters

Red Raven pere, may still be alive, but Red Raven fille - Dania was her name as I recall - was killed in AVENGERS ARENA.

I've not read the issue where Blue Diamond meets the Star Dancer or whatever so I'm not sure if there is a discontinuity with his appearance in THE INVADERS mini (which I haven't read since publication) or his appearance in the AVENGERS/INVADERS series.

Jack Frost's status is still the same IIRC.

While the Liberteens were certainly "inspired" by the Liberty Legion, I'd consider them more an homage than a continuation of the original LL.

I'd read a good looking Liberty Legion book BUT with the Invaders as a marginal seller, I'm not sure Marvel is going to jump at the chance of doing something with them.
ddf
Amentep View Post

Thats sucks, by any chance do you have an issue number or arc?

MARVEL TWO IN ONE # 79, written by the GREAT: TOM DeFALCO! great story. Check it out.

Then the QUASAR reference was in the arc where the STRANGER had kidnapped a bunch of alien beings (ALA the COLLECTOR!) and eventually they were set free and the STACIA, the Star Dancer set off looking for her lover... who was missing... Cant remember the issue #, but it was one of the later issues of the series,before it ended.

Then of course there's BD in that Invaders mini in the funeral scene in his HUMAN get up. weird, it think the lazy editor didnt do his/her research!!!

Old October 22nd, 2014   Amentep is offline   #4
Amentep

Red Raven was only in issue #1 and #2 of Avengers Arena. She had no dialogue or very little dialogue in either issue and is killed (trying to escape Arcade's Murderworld) at the opening of issue #2.

If she appeared (in flashback, as a ghost or otherwise) in the series, I wouldn't know as #2 was the last one I read (it having proved it was the meat grinder Marvel kept trying to say it wasn't).