The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old October 4th, 2014   RoseWilson is offline   #1
RoseWilson
Advanced Geoffan

Default Marvel Comics this week October 1st

Hope no one minds me starting it

Thor number one and Death of Wolverine number 3 were the two I liked. I'm not totally sold truth be told on who it looks like is taking the Thor mantle but it was told in an entertaining manner. Also not sold on the need to kill Logan off among the plethora of Marvel changes right now but the journey has been pretty well told. Honestly find it hard to believe they can wrap in one more issue.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I hated the new Winter Soldier book. I'll admit I didn't read Original sin so maybe I was lost but I want my Winter Solider to read like James Bond or Jason Bourne only at a higher level in a super hero universe not some crazy space galactic guardian thing. I'm also normally way more concerned with writing (and I sort of like Ales Kot Zero is inconsistent but brilliant on it's day and Secret avengers is consistently good if not quite as good as those rare brilliant issues of zero) but on top of not caring for his direction here the Art just totally put me off. I struggled to even finish this.

Old October 5th, 2014   jafabian is offline   #2
jafabian
I’m not dead.

I was going to wait for the trade but caved and picked up Death of Wolverine, really for the McNiven art. Read the first issue only so far. Looking forward to the new Thor.