The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old September 17th, 2014   Danny Perkins is offline   #1
Danny Perkins
Snake Baby Food-Pawn 812

Default Is Aaron off of Thor?

So I just grabbed Thor #25 and see it is the last issue.

Does that also mark the end of Aaron's run?

If you weren't expecting this to be good, then you need to go and read a bunch of Greg Rucka comics. - MattDiCarlo
Old September 17th, 2014   superfriend is offline   #2
superfriend
laughs at comics

i hope not. i thought he was still writing the new relaunch where Thor is a female for an as-of-yet unknown reason.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54083

But when Thor, son of Odin and current wielder of Mjolnir, suddenly finds himself unworthy this October, a mysterious female character picks up the hammer in his stead. As announced yesterday on "The View," her adventure as the new Thor will be chronicled in a new volume of "Thor" written by "Thor: God of Thunder" writer Jason Aaron and drawn by "Cyclops" artist Russell Dauterman.
ddf

observe everything, admire nothing
Old September 17th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #3
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

He's still writing Thor. It will later be revealed what Thor has done to make him unworthy of the hammer, hence the end of Thor's current run. October will see a brand new Thor #1 featuring a female Thor wielding they mystic hammer. Aaron's last CBR interview says he's writing Thor for the foreseeable future.

Old September 22nd, 2014   Danny Perkins is offline   #4
Danny Perkins
Snake Baby Food-Pawn 812

Not sure I'm up for a change to the status quo. This whole 3 Thor's thing that they have going on here has been great. Ribic and Garney are amazing and the art has consistently been the best in the industry.

Thor has consistently been my favorite Marvel book since the Marvel now relaunches occured in 2013.

The last time Marvel took a book that was my favorite book and changed the status quo for no apparent reason it was Captain America and they gave it to Rob Liefeld. I'm not saying this is exactly the same, but they ruined that book and I fear they will ruin this one.

If you weren't expecting this to be good, then you need to go and read a bunch of Greg Rucka comics. - MattDiCarlo
Old September 22nd, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #5
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Not sure I'm up for a change to the status quo. This whole 3 Thor's thing that they have going on here has been great. Ribic and Garney are amazing and the art has consistently been the best in the industry.

Thor has consistently been my favorite Marvel book since the Marvel now relaunches occured in 2013.

The last time Marvel took a book that was my favorite book and changed the status quo for no apparent reason it was Captain America and they gave it to Rob Liefeld. I'm not saying this is exactly the same, but they ruined that book and I fear they will ruin this one.
ddf
Danny Perkins View Post
Aaron still is writing Thor. Aaron has stated in CBR interview that he's planned this from the beginning of his Thor run. Ron Garney is artist for relaunch of Thor. He's a great artist who's worked with Aaron before.

Old September 23rd, 2014   Danny Perkins is offline   #6
Danny Perkins
Snake Baby Food-Pawn 812

Aaron still is writing Thor. Aaron has stated in CBR interview that he's planned this from the beginning of his Thor run. Ron Garney is artist for relaunch of Thor. He's a great artist who's worked with Aaron before.
ddf
manwithnoname View Post
Well I love Garney, as I mentioned above. He was also the Artist on the Captain America run I mentioned as well.

I will stay with this only because I have faith in Aaron right now. But I am still cautious.

Old September 25th, 2014   Greg Waite is offline   #7
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

I have faith in anything Aaron. I'll keep reading Thor.

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old October 9th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #8
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Haven't read new Thor #1. Anybody have thoughts after reading it?

Old October 9th, 2014   superfriend is offline   #9
superfriend
laughs at comics

i still haven't read Thor-God of Thunder #25 and Thor #1 yet.

trying to work thru Original Sin and all of the tie-in titles that i let sit and pile up.

i'm so behind.

Old October 9th, 2014   darthlucifuge is offline   #10
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

I loved Thor #1.
Honestly, it might has well have been Mighty Thor #26.

Aaron is still telling the story he's been telling.

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old October 9th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #11
Amentep

I liked Thor #1 - looks like a decent mystery of who is this worthy person with Thor powers.

Old October 22nd, 2014   superfriend is offline   #12
superfriend
laughs at comics

read Thor God of Thunder #25 last night. huh, they really don't tell us why Thor can't pick up the hammer...it seems like it's going to be a story piece at some later date.

still have to read Thor #1 but this is totally part of what Aaron has been doing in his run. and so because of that, i'm still in.

Aaron's crafting one of the best Thor runs since Simonson, you ask me.