The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old September 15th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #17
Amentep

I'll be honest, I've read only a few comics with Joe Mad's art but I've never understood why people fall over themselves. He's not bad, IMO, but he's not an artist I'd rush out and follow either.

Looking forward to 5

Old September 15th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #18
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

I'll be honest, I've read only a few comics with Joe Mad's art but I've never understood why people fall over themselves. He's not bad, IMO, but he's not an artist I'd rush out and follow either.

Looking forward to 5
ddf
Amentep View Post
I agree, not bad, but not great. My problem: too slow! Other artists draw way better than him produce more per year. Three issues of Inhumans in almost a year?! You're done. Leave. Navel gaze elsewhere.

He's riding on the fumes of his glory days. Remember Battle Chasers? Each issue kept taking longer until like one issue a year came out. It was a good comic, not great. He let the accolades go to his head.

So glad he's off Inhumans.

Old October 27th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #19
Amentep

I'm glad he's off and Charles Soule is on. Liked the most recent two issues with the hostile take-over of Attilan and the "new guys" getting a chance to shine. It wasn't a plan that'd have worked if Attilan was its old self, but given the situation and the powers involved, it was a nice resolution.