jafabian
I’m not dead.

Arrow David Finch talks JLA, deadlines

From Newsarama: DAVID FINCH: Drawing New JLA & Meeting Deadlines

Old December 5th, 2012   Lady Obie is offline   #2
Lady Obie
Supreme Geoffan

I'm getting this series mainly to see what Geoff does with Court here

But I have a feeling the spunky little blonde's going to have her hands full with this mob because they seem to be the polar opposite of the pre-Flashpoint JSA

Jade: I'll take care of it for you, Obie.

Atom: Obie!? You call a thing like that--OBIE??

-- All-Star Squadron #25
Old December 5th, 2012   Outside_85 is offline   #3
Outside_85
persona non grata

I have a sense of dread that this book is mainly going to serve as buildup for 1 or 2 characters and the rest is just going to dangle around as supporters for them.

Old December 5th, 2012   Mark MacMillan is offline   #4
Mark MacMillan
Destroyer of Worlds

I have a sense of dread that this book is mainly going to serve as buildup for 1 or 2 characters and the rest is just going to dangle around as supporters for them.
ddf
Outside_85 View Post
Idk about that. Green Arrow, Hawkman, Catwoman, GL/Baz, Katana, Vibe...

They all have their own books to build themselves up individually.

This book seems to be about building up the status of these characters within the DCnU as a collective while things are growing closer to Trinity War.

Not that I'm interested, mind you. Just calling it as I see it.

Galactus ain't got $#!& on me!

"Gangsta Rap MADE me do it" - Ice Cube
Old December 5th, 2012   Outside_85 is offline   #5
Outside_85
persona non grata

Idk about that. Green Arrow, Hawkman, Catwoman, GL/Baz, Katana, Vibe...

They all have their own books to build themselves up individually.

This book seems to be about building up the status of these characters within the DCnU as a collective while things are growing closer to Trinity War.

Not that I'm interested, mind you. Just calling it as I see it.
ddf
Mark MacMillan View Post
Well to be precise, only Green Arrow has one when Lemire takes over that book.
Baz is at best a temporary focus of the GL book (seriously doubt Johns will let Hal fall off the mortal coil without setting the world alight first.).
Katana is still mostly a cipher with a sword from BoP and Ann...hasn't impressed me at all. While the DoF issue of Catwoman was better, the #0 was almost inconceivably horrible (one thing is the magic cats origins...but turning her into a magpie is another).
Not even sure how Hawkman is doing :S

Old December 5th, 2012   Mark MacMillan is offline   #6
Mark MacMillan
Destroyer of Worlds

Well to be precise, only Green Arrow has one when Lemire takes over that book.
Baz is at best a temporary focus of the GL book (seriously doubt Johns will let Hal fall off the mortal coil without setting the world alight first.).
Katana is still mostly a cipher with a sword from BoP and Ann...hasn't impressed me at all. While the DoF issue of Catwoman was better, the #0 was almost inconceivably horrible (one thing is the magic cats origins...but turning her into a magpie is another).
Not even sure how Hawkman is doing :S
ddf
Outside_85 View Post
So they each have their own book (they just don't suit your personal tastes) is what you're really saying.

Also Trinity War is starting the summer of 2013 and Baz is supposed to remain the main focus of the GL book at least until after that event is over in October of 2013.

Before I dropped the book Hal and Sinestro were stuck outside of the White Light's Land of the Living stranded in the Dark Void that Nekron was left with after the Big Bang and the White Light came out of nowhere and took over everything (which is why Nekron was screaming "What are you?" and "Where did you come from?" when he was trying to attack the White Entity and why he didn't understand the different colours of light that makeup the White Light and the White Light itself)

Last hint about them I read, they were slated to stay separated from the R.O.Y.B.G.I.V. spectrum that makes up the White Light's Land of the Living so they could become Black Lanterns or something.

Old December 7th, 2012   Lady Obie is offline   #7
Lady Obie
Supreme Geoffan

So they each have their own book (they just don't suit your personal tastes) is what you're really saying.

Also Trinity War is starting the summer of 2013 and Baz is supposed to remain the main focus of the GL book at least until after that event is over in October of 2013.

Before I dropped the book Hal and Sinestro were stuck outside of the White Light's Land of the Living stranded in the Dark Void that Nekron was left with after the Big Bang and the White Light came out of nowhere and took over everything (which is why Nekron was screaming "What are you?" and "Where did you come from?" when he was trying to attack the White Entity and why he didn't understand the different colours of light that makeup the White Light and the White Light itself)

Last hint about them I read, they were slated to stay separated from the R.O.Y.B.G.I.V. spectrum that makes up the White Light's Land of the Living so they could become Black Lanterns or something.
ddf
Mark MacMillan View Post
I'm not inclined to think Hal will be killed off either

If they really are sticking with Simon for a while it could be that he and Hal will have separate books and as for which would be left with the main GL book your guess is as good as mine

As for whether Kyle, John, Guy or any or all of the Red Lanterns would be killed off to free up a title for Simon &/or Hal's return I would hope not even though it looks like DC really wants to shake up their whole GL franchise and seems to be using these 2 concurrent big events to do it.

To be optomistic, maybe DC will add a 5th GL title instead of shaking up or cancelling one of the existing 4.

Jade: I'll take care of it for you, Obie.

Atom: Obie!? You call a thing like that--OBIE??

-- All-Star Squadron #25
Old December 8th, 2012   flashsuper is offline   #8
flashsuper
My real name is Mike

ddf
Mark MacMillan View Post
All your talk of colors made me think of my art days in high school where our art teacher told us that the color "white" can be classified and something that is "absent of color." No colors make up white.

I have had a rebirth.
Old December 8th, 2012   Mark MacMillan is offline   #9
Mark MacMillan
Destroyer of Worlds

" No colors make up white.
ddf
flashsuper View Post
All of the colors of the light spectrum (I was talking about the light spectrum) make up white light.

White is the color the human eye sees when it looks at light which contains all the wavelengths of the visible spectrum.[20] This light stimulates all three types of color sensitive cone cells in the eye in nearly equal amounts.[21] Substances appear white because their surfaces reflect back most of the light that strikes them and do not absorb some of its colors.

Before Isaac Newton, most scientists believed that white was the fundamental color of light. Newton demonstrated that this was not true by passing white light through a prism, breaking it up into its composite colors, and then using a second prism to reassemble them.

White light is generated by the sun, by stars, or by earthbound sources such as incandescent lamps, fluorescent lamps and white LEDs. On the screen of a color television or computer, white is produced by mixing appropriate intensities of the primary colors of light: red, green and blue (RGB), a process called additive mixing. Due to metamerism, it is possible to have quite different spectra that appear white to the human eye.

In optics. white can be obtained by mixing red, blue and green light.

White light refracted in a prism reveals the color components
of its makeup.

ddf
This is why you should also listen to your science teachers, kiddies.

Old December 8th, 2012   flashsuper is offline   #10
flashsuper
My real name is Mike

All of the colors of the light spectrum (I was talking about the light spectrum) make up white light.

This is why you should also listen to your science teachers, kiddies.
ddf
Mark MacMillan View Post
light spectrum...damn you.

I have had a rebirth.
Old December 10th, 2012   scion969 is offline   #11
scion969
Advanced Geoffan

In fairness, your art teacher was probably talking about white paint or something else that we see as white, which would be an object lacking any pigments; thus reflecting all light.

If you see something as blue, it's because it actually has all the other pigments, so blue is the one reflected to your eye, as I understand it...