The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old June 15th, 2007   LastSun is offline   #1
LastSun
Master Geoffan

Default Amazing to be the only spider title

Wizard Universe has an interview with Steve Wacker about the new Spidey release format.

Looks like we are going to be seeing Amazing coming out 3 times a month. He compares it to Supes in the 90s where all the titles lead into each other.

I kind of like this since that is one of the reasons I never got to into spidey since you had three separate stories a month. I think they will loose some readers though since not everyone is going to want to shell out 3 times the money a month.

It looks great! The fat one balances the two skinny ones.

Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?
Old June 15th, 2007   Matches is offline   #2
Matches
stepping aside

This seemed like a foregone conclusion for awhile now. Next question is who the three creative teams will be.

Slott/ Jimenez
Brubaker/ ?
Fraction/ Larocca

Those are my guesses.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old June 15th, 2007   DABEARS is offline   #3
DABEARS
KRYPTO,NOT ON THE CARPET!

This is great news. I am looking forward to One More Day and I can't wait to see who the new creative teams will be. I do think that Slott and Jimenez are one team but I don't think Bru will be a good fit for Spidey. Fraction, I think will be a good fit for Spidey.

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Old June 15th, 2007   marburger is offline   #4
marburger
Advanced Geoffan

To much amazing in one month, brain hurt.

Join theBring Back Beast Boy Brigade - Because Gar Logan deserves better than comic limbo!
Old June 15th, 2007   Brian LaBelle is offline   #5
Brian LaBelle
I teleported.

I don't know about this.

They just basically changed it to Countdown: Spider-Man and I'm not sure I want to make that kind of investment every month?

I bought Amazing every month since "the Other" but Friendly only appealed to me when Nauck was handling the art and I never really got into Sensational.

So the choice is - Spend $10.50 a month on one title, or use that cash for 3 other books a month and drop Spidey. Hmmmm...

Old June 15th, 2007   Marky is offline   #6
Marky*
Flippa Dippa Horseman!

Interesting. Were Jeph Loeb and J.Scott Campbell scheduled to be on Amazing or was a different Spidey book?

Heroes Reborn 2: V Neck Boogaloo!
Old June 15th, 2007   Teenlantern923 is offline   #7
Teenlantern923
Advanced Geoffan

Jeph stated they were doing a Spiderman project and I think this is it. I know one writer is going to be Jeph and the artists are probably Campbell, Jiminez, and Finch.

Old June 15th, 2007   vh4ever is offline   #8
vh4ever*
DOOM!

..oh brother....

trying to decide which hand to chop off come this fall when Diamond Dave returns....
Old June 15th, 2007   Cuchulainn is offline   #9
Cuchulainn
Master Geoffan

This seemed like a foregone conclusion for awhile now. Next question is who the three creative teams will be.

Slott/ Jimenez
Brubaker/ ?
Fraction/ Larocca

Those are my guesses.
ddf
Matches View Post
Maybe have Grummett team with Bru?

Old June 15th, 2007   manwithnoname is offline   #10
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

So the choice is - Spend $10.50 a month on one title, or use that cash for 3 other books a month and drop Spidey. Hmmmm...
ddf
Brian LaBelle View Post
I don't like this myself. I picked up only Amazing, not b/c I didn't like the other titles, but I wanted my Spidey fix; I liked not having to buy all the Spidey titles to get my fix.

Having 3 different titles each with its own personality was great. A spidey fan could find a title they liked.

I like reading as many titles as my budget allows.

This crap stinks of the marketing department.

This is a "wait and see what happens before I may cancel my subscription to Amazing" moment.

Old June 16th, 2007   allanf is offline   #11
allanf
Geoffan

Geez, I don't know. I absolutely freaking HATED the 90s Supes books, as it felt like editorial was writing the books and the writers became interchangeably mediocre, all their strengths bled out in service to a singular voice. I'd be more enthused if there was a singular writer with multiple artists, but I imagine that would be a slightly staggering workload for any writer.

Old June 16th, 2007   ADGood is offline   #12
ADGood
I meant it in a good way

I'll wait and see how they do things before I start voicing objections. Mostly because if I started reacting to everything Marvel might do, I'd never get any sleep.

Old June 16th, 2007   manwithnoname is offline   #13
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Geez, I don't know. I absolutely freaking HATED the 90s Supes books, as it felt like editorial was writing the books and the writers became interchangeably mediocre, all their strengths bled out in service to a singular voice. I'd be more enthused if there was a singular writer with multiple artists, but I imagine that would be a slightly staggering workload for any writer.
ddf
allanf View Post
The interview did say individual writers would still have their voices intact. So, that's a plus.

ADGood is right. Let's wait and see/read.

Old June 16th, 2007   HushedRuin is offline   #14
HushedRuin
of Positive Island.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=116780

Oh, Steve Wacker... you funny funny man....

Yeah, good thing I'm pretty much only onboard for "One More Day". I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I'm leaning towards "not good idea".

half of The Infosiders with Arcademan...

oWt 4 LIFE.
Old June 16th, 2007   allanf is offline   #15
allanf
Geoffan

The interview did say individual writers would still have their voices intact. So, that's a plus.

ADGood is right. Let's wait and see/read.
ddf
manwithnoname View Post
Well, yeah. What're they gonna say, "We're hoping the writers become indistinguishable so as to not overshadow our editorial vision" ? Still, I'm tentatively onboard for this. I haven't read a Spidey title since Jenkins left, and the rumors of Dan Slott's involvement have me intrigued. His SPIDER-MAN/HUMAN TORCH mini was gold.

Old June 16th, 2007   ADGood is offline   #16
ADGood
I meant it in a good way

The issue of Slott's She-Hulk where Spidey sues Jameson for libel is on my personal list of top ten Spider-Man stories. "The real reason he hates me...is because I'm black." Hilarious.