The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old January 25th, 2006   bandit is offline   #49
bandit

I believe the series was also pretty expensive to produce

Old January 25th, 2006   tornblack666 is offline   #50
tornblack666

What have those tv guys done since the Flash series?

Won't you join me in Death because this life ain't worth living.- HIM
Old January 25th, 2006   MatchesMalone is offline   #51
MatchesMalone
Neo Geoffan

Two thoughts -

1) Based on the concept art, are there two people being depicted? The Flash standing on the right and the one standing on the left seem to have a slightly different frame. And the headshot of the Flash in the center has "solid" earpieces, while the on the left seems to have "flaming" ones.

OK, ok. I am probably looking WAY too into it.

2) There has been talk of a Flash movie with Goyer. Does anyone think that they would try to line up the comic and movie property so it is the same character?

Old January 25th, 2006   bandit is offline   #52
bandit

1) Based on the concept art, are there two people being depicted? The Flash standing on the right and the one standing on the left seem to have a slightly different frame. And the headshot of the Flash in the center has "solid" earpieces, while the on the left seems to have "flaming" ones.

2) There has been talk of a Flash movie with Goyer. Does anyone think that they would try to line up the comic and movie property so it is the same character?
ddf
Since the Speed Force is gone, I was thinking that somehow the new Flash will be an amalgamation of previous Flashes - kind of like Firestorm. Or, at the least, a combination of Wally's family.

I also think it's very possible that the book will evolve to mesh with any movie that is in the works.

Old January 25th, 2006   DLuv411 is offline   #53
DLuv411

As a HUGE Flash fan, I have decided to pick this book up! I loved the show as a kid and own the DVDs.

I really liked Lashley's art when he drew the "Ultimate DC" for Wizard a couple of years ago.

Also, did anyone else get a happy feeling when DiDio said

“The costume will be very familiar,” Didio said with a chuckle, “Although you may not want to get too attached to the first Flash you see…”

I'm hoping this means that a Flash we WANT will take on the reigns when this one bites it! Maybe I'm just hoping!

Old January 25th, 2006   Eric is offline   #54
Eric
Adventurer/Man About Town

I'm glad you've all read the actual comic book and are able to make an educated, informed opinon on what the finished project is all about before making snap judgements and angry statements based on work from totally different medium that the writers worked on fifteen years ago.

"It's Different! and not different in the way that is exactly how I wanted it to be!"

Look at the movies in which James Robinson is credited. Then go read Starman. It's okay, I'll wait. Awesome. Was the movie Cyber Bandits as good as Starman: Grand Guignol?

Right.

I don't understand how people can complain about a book that is six months away. Try waiting, and then reading it. I know, it's a novel, and sometimes scary approach, but many times, it does work.

Hey, if it sucks, I'll be right there with you in six months. And yeah, it's too bad your favorite artist and writer team are not on the book. But there's no way I'm going to get "upset" or "angry" over something that is not only half a year away, but for which there is no frame of reference.

Bilson and DeMeo are working writers in an incredibly competitive industry, and have been very successful in other mediums. If a writer knows how to craft a good story, then they should be able to translate it into comic book form.

Whining about stuff you have no knowledge about is just ridiculous.

Come on, people. We're Flash fans. We're better than that.

Old January 28th, 2006   LBofWD is offline   #55
LBofWD

Whining about stuff you have no knowledge about is just ridiculous.

Come on, people. We're Flash fans. We're better than that.
ddf
Eric

That's what I'm talking about...I'm actually excited to see who this new Flash is. I'm a fan of the Flash but you have to stick with your character through thick and thin!

Brodie: You f*@#!^$ think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some $&*!?
Old January 28th, 2006   Holiday is offline   #56
Holiday
White Pawn

Eric, I really liked your comments. I am excited about the new creative team of the Flash. I can't wait to see where they take us with the Flash. I will definitely be shelling out some money for the series. I have invested too much time with the Flash to just let it go.

Old January 29th, 2006   Kelson is offline   #57
Kelson
Neo Geoffan

Ah, typos...doncha just love 'em!
ddf
curiouswanderer
I think it's a rule of the Internet. Posts complaining about spelling mistakes are required to contain spelling mistakes themselves.

Sooner or later, you realize that Lucy is never going to let you kick the damn football.

Speed Force - Flash news and commentary
Old January 29th, 2006   curiouswanderer is offline   #58
curiouswanderer
O'Brian Tallent

As a HUGE Flash fan, I have decided to pick this book up! I loved the show as a kid and own the DVDs.

I really liked Lashley's art when he drew the "Ultimate DC" for Wizard a couple of years ago.

Also, did anyone else get a happy feeling when DiDio said

“The costume will be very familiar,” Didio said with a chuckle, “Although you may not want to get too attached to the first Flash you see…”

I'm hoping this means that a Flash we WANT will take on the reigns when this one bites it! Maybe I'm just hoping!
ddf
DLuv411

Ultimate DC? Missed that one...anyone got scans?

Havenplace Community Youth Center

My curiouswandering Space

Not all who wander are lost. ~JRR Tolkien
Old January 30th, 2006   SaneHal is offline   #59
SaneHal
MARCH WHELP!!

Ultimate DC? Missed that one...anyone got scans?
ddf
curiouswanderer
I don't have scans but I definately remember that the art was awesome. I can still picture the Auquaman pic. I had wondered who the guy was who did the art on that piece

Science consists of questions that may never be answered. Religion consists of answers that may never be questioned.
Old January 31st, 2006   silverageflash is offline   #60
silverageflash
Geoffan

I will give these guy's a shot; You never know they could be good. But it does look like Bart is the flash in the pictures and logo. I wonder if he will end up being in forensics like his grandpa? Also it would be fun seeing Julio as Barts boss.