The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old December 29th, 2005   new x-man is offline   #1
new x-man
Full of Ionic power....

Default Amazing Spiderman #527 *SPOILERS*

Peter Parker is webbed up in the coccoon. he is in some different world. He is walking around seeing a forest area where his relatives and friends are webbed up.

He feels sorry that everyone he has in his life has been effected by the spider. He then watches his uncle ben get eaten by a massive spider. Peter begins to vomit as a voice from the trees tells him "you have denied the gifts you were given as a spider"

basically something from like earth x appears with the spiderman outfit,with claws,fangs,telling him that he essentially only looked at the basic gifts of strength,agility,senses,wall crawling as a kid would look at a toy and not delve deeper into what he can really do.

THe other is essentially his spider side. His spider did not die,it just broke out of his body and now emerged and awoke. He has more abilities than what he refused to accept and now that the spider has emerged on the inside it has given more to him.

Essentially the spider gave him a 2nd chance at life in order to be fully realized. He must accept the spider as his gift for being brought back from death.

He then is being seen as the spider grabs him by the fangs and devours peter. pops out of the cocoon and washes the fluid off in the river. Peter then heads back to the tower and essentially tony stark and company were amazed he was alive. He then offered spiderman to design a new suit since they trashed the old ones for the funeral.

Peter then after dinner goes to the morgue there where his old body was and remembers what was told to him about the spider being remerged and whether he was himself or not.

Side notes : It seems that this spider spirit are like some kind of web weavers of history. Kinda like the relationship the speedsters of the dcu have with the speed force. SPiderman has some kind of source from a metaphysical link with a spider kingdom or something.

Old December 29th, 2005   superfriend is offline   #2
superfriend
laughs at comics

is it getting kooky in here or is it just me?

source

is this what it's come to?

Last in a nine-hundred-year line of hunters, touched by blood and magic, protecting the world from equally ancient enemies striving towards a new Dark Age where they will rule supreme. She must stop them...
ddf

this is from Araña (spider in español). her real name is Anya Corazon. corazon=heart. spider-heart. get it? heuh?

She must stop them...and at least bring her grades up to a B+ or her dad won't let her go for her driver's test next year.
ddf

by Fiona "don't call her JMS' protégé" Avery

observe everything, admire nothing
Old December 29th, 2005   nomoment is offline   #3
nomoment
Neo Geoffan

Thank goodness for Marvel Essentials!

Old December 29th, 2005   superman1984 is offline   #4
superman1984
Back in Black!

umm....ok.....this sounds lame...

Old December 29th, 2005   new x-man is offline   #5
new x-man
Full of Ionic power....

It was a very well written issue. Just read it to check it out.

Old December 29th, 2005   darthlucifuge is offline   #6
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

umm....ok.....this sounds lame...
ddf
superman1984
dont knock it before you try it. All this sounded lame to me at first but when i read it it was actually kinda cool.

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old December 29th, 2005   Brian Ewing is offline   #7
Brian Ewing
Master Geoffan

That's the problem with posting spoiler threads - you're inviting people to knock it before they try it. There isn't much else that could come from a spoiler thread.

"What can I say? The world may be going to hell, but I'm having a great time." - Grant Morrison

Xbox Live: Sharkington
Old December 29th, 2005   protege is offline   #8
protege
Neo Geoffan

Peter Parker is webbed up in the coccoon. he is in some different world. He is walking around seeing a forest area where his relatives and friends are webbed up.

He feels sorry that everyone he has in his life has been effected by the spider. He then watches his uncle ben get eaten by a massive spider. Peter begins to vomit as a voice from the trees tells him "you have denied the gifts you were given as a spider"

basically something from like earth x appears with the spiderman outfit,with claws,fangs,telling him that he essentially only looked at the basic gifts of strength,agility,senses,wall crawling as a kid would look at a toy and not delve deeper into what he can really do.

THe other is essentially his spider side. His spider did not die,it just broke out of his body and now emerged and awoke. He has more abilities than what he refused to accept and now that the spider has emerged on the inside it has given more to him.

Essentially the spider gave him a 2nd chance at life in order to be fully realized. He must accept the spider as his gift for being brought back from death.

He then is being seen as the spider grabs him by the fangs and devours peter. pops out of the cocoon and washes the fluid off in the river. Peter then heads back to the tower and essentially tony stark and company were amazed he was alive. He then offered spiderman to design a new suit since they trashed the old ones for the funeral.

Peter then after dinner goes to the morgue there where his old body was and remembers what was told to him about the spider being remerged and whether he was himself or not.

Side notes : It seems that this spider spirit are like some kind of web weavers of history. Kinda like the relationship the speedsters of the dcu have with the speed force. SPiderman has some kind of source from a metaphysical link with a spider kingdom or something.
ddf
new x-man
didn't Peter generate a new body after he turned into a spider? What is he- a time lord or something?

Old December 29th, 2005   new x-man is offline   #9
new x-man
Full of Ionic power....

didn't Peter generate a new body after he turned into a spider? What is he- a time lord or something?
ddf
protege

Hard to explain,you have to read it. It's like the beings that represent the spider. They told him that he must now embrace the full abilities of the spider both pretty and bad. The Spider essentially gave him a new lease on life as long as he showed faith to the spider. Like a leap of faith so to speak. Much like a spider he shed his old skin and reformed into another body that was underneath.

Old December 29th, 2005   superman1984 is offline   #10
superman1984
Back in Black!

i will read it...but i havent liked anything jms has done on spider-man and i definately don't like this mystical nonsense in spider-man....he was and always was a science based character.....I guess Spider-man is dead....

Old December 29th, 2005   Stheno is offline   #11
Stheno
persona non grata

i will read it...but i havent liked anything jms has done on spider-man and i definately don't like this mystical nonsense in spider-man....he was and always was a science based character.....I guess Spider-man is dead....
ddf
superman1984
They killed the science aspect of Spider-Man when they let Raimi screw up his origins and webbing. I prefer mystic Spider-Man to "radioactive mutant biological webbing" Spider-Man.

Old December 29th, 2005   bistmbgxtc is offline   #12
bistmbgxtc

Man Peter is piling up the bodies

Old December 29th, 2005   daxam is offline   #13
daxam
Yes, this is my real pic.

He´s now like Buddy Baker , he´s connected to the Red.

¡cHAT sEMNAL dE COMIKS tO2 loZ jUEVEZ, zALA 100CIA fICZION d yAHOO!uNETE, T iNVITAMOz!
Old December 29th, 2005   sonichellboy is offline   #14
sonichellboy
Madvillain

I read it, and it bored me to tears. Sorry, but JMS mystical mumbo-jumbo made me gloss over about halfway through. Come to think of it, that's been my reaction to 'the Other' as a whole. What exactly is the point of all this?

"Within every foe having met defeat waits a beneficial energy to be released"-Grand Buffet

The Long and Short of It
Old December 29th, 2005   jafabian is offline   #15
jafabian
I’m not dead.

dont knock it before you try it. All this sounded lame to me at first but when i read it it was actually kinda cool.
ddf
darthlucifuge
Oh, it's a cool idea but the strength of ASM is the fact that Peter Parker is basically "everyman." He's a character that everyone can relate to because he's as normal as you and me and he seems to be going away from that concept.

I'd really love to see an old-fashioned Spider-Man vs. Mysterio storyline or something like that. We haven't had that in YEARS.

Old December 29th, 2005   sonichellboy is offline   #16
sonichellboy
Madvillain

Oh, it's a cool idea but the strength of ASM is the fact that Peter Parker is basically "everyman." He's a character that everyone can relate to because he's as normal as you and me and he seems to be going away from that concept.

I'd really love to see an old-fashioned Spider-Man vs. Mysterio storyline or something like that. We haven't had that in YEARS.
ddf
jafabian
Amen! That is exactly why I can't stand Spidey anymore.

"Within every foe having met defeat waits a beneficial energy to be released"-Grand Buffet

The Long and Short of It