The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old December 4th, 2005   Jay West is offline   #1
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

Default Revamp the Spider titles

Ok what would you do?

No limits here.

I'd put Kirkman and Bagley on Amazing - that would be the lead Spider book set in current continuity.

Marvel Knights would become just Spider Man and Slotts and the guy doing MTU would be the team. This book would follow the lead of Amazing. If it happens in Amazing it would be reflected here. This is the second teir Spider book.

Freindly Neighborhood Spider Man would shift a bit to whatever Peter David wanted to do. Tell a story that fits between Amazing #5 and #6 - go for it. Tell a modern story with the New Avengers - fine. He wants to write about Black Suit Spidey - fine. Tell Spider Man: The End here - sure. Sort of a Legends of the Dark Knight but with a stable creative team. Continuity would be this series playground, but it wouldn't be hindered by it.

Old December 4th, 2005   Atom-Smasher is offline   #2
Atom-Smasher
Master Geoffan

I can't argue with that. Kirkman and Bagley (or McKone, or maybe both alternating) on ASM is just what I would say. PAD and Wieringo doing FNSM as an "Untold Tales of Spider-Man" is ace.

Adjectiveless, I agree that Slott would be great for that title, but maybe with Patrick Zircher as the artist. He deserves to do more than just Cable/Deadpool.

Go to the Nexus--you'll be glad you did!

The Nexus: Your Hub for Online Fandom
Old December 5th, 2005   Benson19 is offline   #3
Benson19
Neo Geoffan

You gotta have Kirkman, Bendis, and Millar sit down together and plot out what will happen to Spidey over the next 10 years or so. Even if they all aren't going to be around for it. They each get to have their own series to write which interweave dropping plot points here and there. Kirkman is great at this which he shows in Invincible. I could see Kirkman sticking out a 10 year run with Spidey. But what Marvel needs to do is start something huge that people will care about and want to see pan out.

Check me out: www.myspace.com/bnite
Old December 5th, 2005   Benson19 is offline   #4
Benson19
Neo Geoffan

I just thought of something. Wouldn't it be cool if the Spider-man: The End was the actual end. It could run for 10 years like I said above. It would run in the normal titles for awhile then all the pieces fall into place in a huge final battle. I'm just saying though, I don't want Spider-man to ever end.

Check me out: www.myspace.com/bnite
Old December 5th, 2005   Jay West is offline   #5
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

I can't argue with that. Kirkman and Bagley (or McKone, or maybe both alternating) on ASM is just what I would say. PAD and Wieringo doing FNSM as an "Untold Tales of Spider-Man" is ace.

Adjectiveless, I agree that Slott would be great for that title, but maybe with Patrick Zircher as the artist. He deserves to do more than just Cable/Deadpool.
ddf
Atom-Smasher

The whole Cable/Deadpool art team is great. They are a great choice for adjectiveless. McKone would be a great Spider artist too. Of course if he alternated with Bagley, Bagley could do another entire series. I think he can do like 18 books a year. Unbelievable.

I really just can't see PAD's book as a "second" Spider book that's why I think the "Untold" approach would be a great format. Tell PAD anything in the Spider universe you want to do - go for it.

Old December 7th, 2005   superman1984 is offline   #6
superman1984
Back in Black!

I am sorry...I don't know if I can ever really get back into the main spider-man titles....he is just so far gone since the clone saga....

Old December 7th, 2005   Jay West is offline   #7
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

I am sorry...I don't know if I can ever really get back into the main spider-man titles....he is just so far gone since the clone saga....
ddf
superman1984
That's the fun of threads like this...what would get you back?

Old December 7th, 2005   Jeffrey Neary is offline   #8
Jeffrey Neary
I love it!!!

Id like to see Loeb's take on Spiderman. He can bring some of that Majesty he brought to S/B.

You ought to stop making assumptions and thinking the worst about people you don't know, and situations you aren't in a position to understand

-EVS
Old December 7th, 2005   dhodgepodge is offline   #9
dhodgepodge
Neo Geoffan

Getting rid of JMS would be good enough for me.
I cant stand his work on established mainstream characters.

I would second Slott on a spider-book though. But frankly Slott should be the one in Bendis's position as Marvel U architect imho.

"When you play the game of thrones, you either win or you die - there is no middle ground." - Cersei Lannister
Old December 8th, 2005   superfriend is offline   #10
superfriend
laughs at comics

For the first time in my life, I am uninterested in Spider-Man. I think if I had one wish, I'd like to see JMS leave or just have his vision diluted a little. Hindsight being 20-20, I haven't really enjoyed his work on the character.

honestly, i think he's been more of a detriment. so weird cause i got into B5. i haven't really liked anything he's done outside of Supreme Power.

observe everything, admire nothing
Old December 8th, 2005   jafabian is offline   #11
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Love to see Kurt Busiek on this book. His Untold Tales stories were wonderful.

I simply think he needs to fight his rogues again. The tradiotional ones. They bring out the best in Spider-Man. Just like the rogues do in Flash.

Though I miss the Daily Bugle, I don't think its necessary for Pete to return there. I think the fact that he's married should be reflected in his job situation as well. But I do want to see Pete build on his supporting cast now. He really doesn't have one anymore.

Surprisingly, I do like the fact that his identity is now known in the super-hero community. I'd like to see it explored more how Peter benefits from this, after being such a loner in the Marvel U.

Old December 8th, 2005   Matches is offline   #12
Matches
stepping aside

Dan Slott absolutely should be writing a Spider-title.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old December 8th, 2005   zylly's dad is offline   #13
zylly's dad
Advanced Geoffan

Two or three books. One Peter David, one by Steve Englehart and if a third marv Wolfman.

"Friendship means no seperate heart."---Hugh Prather
My poetry