The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old March 30th, 2016   starks is offline   #1
starks
Geoffan

Default Mockingbird #1

First off, disappointed that the interior cover isn't like the cover art. Not a huge fan of the interior art, but maybe it'll grow on me. The first two or so pages weren't consistent with the rest of the issue, so in a positive way I guess I can say the artwork got better. But when I saw that first page, I thought, 'Man, I'm not going to like this.'

Not an espionage title one would expect, at least not the first issue anyway. And the writer of this title shared those same sentiments at the end, telling readers that their expectations may not be met in the first storyline, which is a concern for me. I appreciate the honesty though.

I'll give it a bit to win me over, but it's already on the fence for me.

Old March 30th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #2
Amentep

I liked the first issue. Art was fine to me; I didn't notice anything terrible about them at any rate.

Puzzlebox set-up was fine, provided we really do get the answers. Guess future issues will tell.

Old March 31st, 2016   ronaldj is offline   #3
ronaldj
Supreme Geoffan

long time fan of Mockingbird, read issue one and enjoyed the heck out of it. the art was fine in my opinion.

One day I'll be done with this, but for now, once more into the fray. Thom
Old March 31st, 2016   RoseWilson is offline   #4
RoseWilson
Advanced Geoffan

agree with Ronald. I enjoyed it more than Waid's Black Widow number one which surprised me.