The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old March 27th, 2016   flashsuper is offline   #1
flashsuper
My real name is Mike

Default DC Rebirth Announcements

Anyone have any good thoughts? Bad vibes? Possible interests? Definite no ways? I want to commit to a league book, so hopefully the one that has had info withheld is good. I want a sort of different lineup than what I see from the Hitch book. I haven't liked his stuff so far. Too blasted long.
Looking forward to Detective, but I might get the All-Star Batman instead. I like the premise of both. Budget constraints demand only one League and one bats book, as well as what I am already getting.

I have had a rebirth.
Old March 28th, 2016   ronaldj is offline   #2
ronaldj
Supreme Geoffan

I am not sure, I will most likely keep my superman books, I dropped detective several months ago and batman is looking like the chopping block is coming....

One day I'll be done with this, but for now, once more into the fray. Thom
Old March 28th, 2016   DSumner is offline   #3
DSumner
Neo Geoffan

I'm going to give Titans and Teen Titans a shot, and possibly Justice League as well. We'll see how it goes from their.

Old March 28th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #4
Amentep

From the first look and without previews Superman, Aquaman, Titans are very likely to see me pick them up.

With Wonder Woman, I didn't really like Rucka's original run on Wonder Woman, but Liam Sharp and Nicola Scott will push me to try it.

I want to know more about The Super-Man, Teen Titans, Supergirl, & Superwoman. That said Superwoman is almost certainly a pick up as I've liked Jimenez and Lupacchino on other projects.

Gotham Academy is supposed to return (not tied to Rebirth) so I'll continue with that. Losing Justice League 3000 and Black Canary. Batgirl I want some previews of - the cover teaser was...just ok? Maybe pick up Batgirl and the Birds of Prey in lieu of BC?

Curious about Super-Sons, LSH, JSA and Shazam which all got name checks but no definitive information (other than who the Super-Sons are).

Old March 28th, 2016   chasm is offline   #5
chasm
Master Geoffan

An enjoyable afternoon at Batman vs. Superman this weekend inspired me to check out the Rebirth announcements. I've been off DC for nearly 2 years now, with the exception of the recent Titans miniseries (fun, but still haven't made my mind up about it yet). I will definitely check out:

Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman - his previous run on the title pre-52 was a slow build to excellence. I hope he can get rid of the baby killing, man-eating Amazons and restore their former glory. The art team is proven gold.

Titans - putting aside the mess of Wally West, I'm interested in seeing where Dan Abnett will take them. He'll have to say something new, not just reinterpret old stories with 'updated' twists.

Superwoman - I'm always interested in what Phil Jimenez is working on, although this will probably end up being 7 - 9 issues of Lucy Lane in a super-suit. Hopefully it'll entertain for as long as it lasts.

I'm VERY interested in seeing the reintroduction of Legion of Superheroes as some major event that will hopefully spinoff into it's own book again. Please, please , please let it not be another reboot. Just bring back the established team with the standout members from every incarnation. Hopefully everyone will see something they like. Also, if they can successfully relaunch an Earth 2/Justice Society of America book, I'll be both surprised and delighted.

Old March 28th, 2016   starks is offline   #6
starks
Geoffan

I need to see more. The title descriptions really aren't doing anything for me. The creative teams aren't exactly screaming must buy for me either. And this twice a month thing, don't know about that. I don't want rotating art teams between issues. Hopefully the prices are $2.99 for those, or I might not even bother.

Old March 28th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #7
Amentep

I'm VERY interested in seeing the reintroduction of Legion of Superheroes as some major event that will hopefully spinoff into it's own book again. Please, please , please let it not be another reboot. Just bring back the established team with the standout members from every incarnation.
ddf
chasm View Post
Jonathan Hickman might have something at DC based on some tweets he's made, and he's made no secret his love of the LSH so a lot of rumors flying about just that.

Starks - solicitations for the DC Rebirth stuff that have come out so far seems to indicate 2.99 for the biweekly books.

Old March 28th, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #8
[email protected]
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

I saw a lot to like in the announcements.

Titans-definite yes

Teen Titans-one of the worst messes of the nu52 looks to be getting back on track. (Is Raven actually back in a hood and out of the inane feathers?!!!)

Superman & Action: both yes. I may be mistaken but pre-52 Superman seems to be a prominent player in these books. Could this play into rebirth events? Superman was another of the ruined franchises I'm excited to see get back on track.

Justice League ...still yes; it was one of the 52 books I was fine with.

Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman mostly fine before, but still look promising. Rucka back on WW has me interested, and seeing Garth and Tula on the Aquaman cover also makes me happy!

Batgirl, Nightwing ...will try, but a little nervous. The previous teams were so good on these titles (NW= Grayson) I'm a bit nervous.

Supergirl..will cautiously try. They'll have about one issue to convince me she's not an angry angsty bitter alien and returning to a more loveable Kara. Got burned too many times in the 52. I'll sample it but they better knock it out of the park right away. One big plus: no more Super diapers!

Batman, Detective both yes. Sooo sorry to see Snyder leave Batman, and had dropped Detective long ago. However the add of Batwoman and apparent restoration of bird-feathered Tim looks promising.

Super-Sons Hadn't been picking up the Damien books but this looks fun. Again, another head scratched regarding pre52 Superman getting lots of "action".

I'm anxious for news on JSA, Shazam, and LSH...these would be easy add-ons for me if they's just publish them.

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old March 28th, 2016   chasm is offline   #9
chasm
Master Geoffan

Jonathan Hickman might have something at DC based on some tweets he's made, and he's made no secret his love of the LSH so a lot of rumors flying about just that.

Starks - solicitations for the DC Rebirth stuff that have come out so far seems to indicate 2.99 for the biweekly books.
ddf
Amentep View Post
Jonathan Hickman would be a great choice to kickstart the Legion again. He was already writing the Avengers as a Legion-like space faring team. He does tend to meander a bit, though. This one time I think a strong editor would be a good asset for the book. Heavy emphasis on science fiction setting and themes. This could be a winner.

Now if they could recreate the original WW2 Justice Society and expand it generationally to include their kids and proteges, that would really make this old fan's heart skip a beat.

Old March 29th, 2016   starks is offline   #10
starks
Geoffan

ddf
Amentep View Post
Thanks. Just read the solicits. I'm happy about the $2.99 price point. Makes things a little easier to try things, especially since I'll be going the LCS route & not online with these.

I've decided to try out the majority of the new offerings, in June & beyond, except for Green Arrow, as I don't care for the writer.

But since this is basically the first wave of new offerings, and there's more to come, these titles need to grab me right away. With a lot of the titles being bi-monthly, things will get too costly even at a $2.99 price point.

Old March 29th, 2016   HushedRuin is offline   #11
HushedRuin
of Positive Island.

Default The Announcements

Batman writer Tom King, pencillers David Finch & Mikel Janin
* twice monthly

Detective Comics James Tynion IV (w), Eddy Barrows, Alvaro Martinez (a)
* Batman, Batwoman, Spoiler, Tim Drake (classic red & green), Cassandra Cain, & Clayface

Nightwing Tim Seeley (w), Javi Fernandez, Marcus To (a)
* classic black & blue

Batgirl Hope Larson (w), Rafael Albuquerque (a)
* backpacking through Asia

Batgirl & The Birds Of Prey Julie & Shawna Benson (w)
* Batgirl, Black Canary, Huntress seeking out an Oracle imposter

All-Star Batman Scott Snyder (w), John Romita Jr, Jock, Sean Murphy, Tula Lotay (a)
* in-continuity
* Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, Penguin Two-Face, and Poison Ivy teased

Action Comics Dan Jurgens (w), Patrick Zircher, Tyler Kirkham, Stephen Segovia (a)
* Lex Luthor is claiming to be "the Superman of Metropolis" while Superman is still around (so business as usual)

New Super-Man Gene Luen Yang (w), Viktor Bogdanovic (a)
* 16-year-old in Shanghai gets Supes' powers and learns to be a hero

Supergirl Steve Orlando (w), Brian Ching (a)
* featuring Cyborg Superman (who is now Zor-El)

Superman Peter J. Tomasi (w), Patrick Gleason, Doug Mahnke (a)

Superwoman Phil Jiminez (w/a), Emanuela Lupacchino (a)

Trinity Francis Manapul (w/a), Clay Mann (a)

Wonder Woman Greg Rucka (w)
* present day adventures, with Liam Sharp (a)
* "Year One" tale with Nicola Scott (a)
* arcs will "trade issues"

Justice League Bryan Hitch (w), Tony Daniel, Fernando Passarin (a)

The Flash Joshua Williamson (w), Carmine DiGiamandeneco, Neil Googe (a)
* Speed Force storm produces a bunch of speedsters

Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps Robert Venditti (w), Ethan Van Sciver, Rafa Sandoval (a)

Green Lanterns Sam Humphries (w), Robson Rocha, Adrian Sayf (a)
* Simon Baz & Jessica Cruz protect Earth from Atrocitus & Red Lanterns

Cyborg John Semper (w), Will Conrad, Paul Pelletier (a)

Aquaman Dan Abnett (w), Brad Walker (w/a), Jesus Merino, Phil Briones (a)
* Where does Atlantis fit into the world?

Titans Dan Abnett (w), Brett Booth (a)
* spins out of Titans Hunt
* special tie somehow to the DCU Rebirth Special

Harley Quinn Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner (w), Chad Hardin, John Timms (a)

Suicide Squad Rob Williams (w), Jim Lee, Philip Tan (a)
* Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Katana, Boomerang, Killer Croc, Rick Flagg

Green Arrow Ben Percy (w), Otto Schmidt, Juan Ferreya (a)
* Ollie meets Dinah

Red Hood & The Outlaws Scott Lobdell (w), Dexter Soy (a)
* Bizarro & Artemis join the crew

The Hellblazer Simon Oliver (w), Moritat (a)
* Constantine & Swamp Thing rescue Abby Arcane

Deathstroke Christopher Priest (w), Carlo Pagulayan, Igor Vitorino, Felipe Watanabe (a)

Batman Beyond Dan Jurgens (w), Bernard Chang (a)
* Welcome Back, Terry McGinnis

Blue Beetle Keith Giffen (w), Scott Kolins (a)
* Jamie Reyes in the suit, Ted Kord as his non-superhero mentor

Teen Titans Ben Percy (w), Jonboy Meyers (a)
* Damian Wayne is the new Teen Titans leader, regardless of the team's feelings
* Cover features Damian, Kid Flash/Wally West, Raven, Beast Boy, and a redhead gal

Super Sons unknown (w), unknown (a)
* Damian Wayne and Jon Kent are teaming up

I actually AM intrigued by a lot of these. Whether I actually pick it up on the day of release is another issue entirely, but it generally looks like good stuff to me.

half of The Infosiders with Arcademan...

oWt 4 LIFE.
Old March 29th, 2016   darthlucifuge is offline   #12
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

Interested

- Action Comics (Dan Jurgens and Patrick Zircher/Tyler Kirkham/Stephen Segovia)
- Supergirl (Steve Orlando and Brian Ching)
- Superman (Peter J. Tomasi/Pat Gleason and Pat Gleanson/Doug Mahnke)
- Wonder Woman (Greg Rucka and Liam Sharpe/Nicola Scott)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Robert Vendetti and Ethan Van Sciver/Rafa Sandoval
- Green Lanterns (Sam Humphries and Robson Rocha/Ardian Syaf)
- Blue Beetle (Kieth Giffen and Scott Kollins)

Depending on word of mouth

- Detective Comics (James Tynion IV and Eddy Barrows/Alvaro Martinez)
- Justice League (Bryan Hitch and Tony Daniel/Fernando Pasarin
- Trinity (Francis Manapul w/ additional art by Clay Mann)
- The Flash (Carmine Di Giandomenico and Neil Googe)
- Green Arrow (Ben Percy and Otto Schmidt/Juan Ferreyra)
- Teen Titans (Ben Percy and Jonboy Myers)

Waiting for more info

- Supersons (TBD)
- Justice League of America (TBD)
- Earth-2 (TBD)

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old March 29th, 2016   John is offline   #13
John

I have no definite's.

I might give Titans, Wonder Woman and Justice League a few issues to hook me.

Superwoman? Do we know exactly who she is?

Old March 29th, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #14
[email protected]
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

I have no definite's.

I might give Titans, Wonder Woman and Justice League a few issues to hook me.

Superwoman? Do we know exactly who she is?
ddf
John View Post
Supposedly Superwoman is coming out of the pre-rebirth Super League storyline in the Super books. I'll probably try it based on Jiminez being the artist.

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old March 29th, 2016   Jorge Galvan is offline   #15
Jorge Galvan
Supporters

Blue Beetle Keith Giffen (w), Scott Kolins (a)
* Jamie Reyes in the suit, Ted Kord as his non-superhero mentor

NO Dan Garrett???? no respect.

JSA? I am so sick of the horse$#!+ from DC over these years, that I honestly don't care anymore. They can do what they want and THEY HAVE!! Everything is so screwed up, I can only imagine what they WILL Screw up NEXT!!!

Old March 29th, 2016   Call Me El is offline   #16
Call Me El
Geoffan

Superman & Action: both yes. I may be mistaken but pre-52 Superman seems to be a prominent player in these books. Could this play into rebirth events? Superman was another of the ruined franchises I'm excited to see get back on track.

Supergirl..will cautiously try. They'll have about one issue to convince me she's not an angry angsty bitter alien and returning to a more loveable Kara. Got burned too many times in the 52. I'll sample it but they better knock it out of the park right away.
ddf
I'm not sure if my budget will stretch to getting Action and Superman twice a month but with the pre-52 Superman apparently featuring in both I'm considering it.

Supergirl I'll continue with and it's hard to imagine I wouldn't be interested in anyone named "Superwoman" but I'll wait to find out the premise before I commit.

"I know nothing stays the same
But if you're willing to play the game
It's coming around again" - Carly Simon