The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Town Hall > Web Site Issues/ Suggestions

Web Site Issues/ Suggestions Give us your feedback, make suggestions

Old October 14th, 2014   jafabian is offline   #513
jafabian
I’m not dead.

combine the movie/tv section into 1 group

I'm not a fan of not being able to see threads like Gotham or Flash in the Movie section. I think they all need to be moved and then if desired create a sub folder for the geoff lead projects.
ddf
chrisbenes View Post

Not sure I agree with this. The TV, movie and video game forum in Geoff's section was created specifcally at his requesf. You can read what he said about that forum HERE. Does he frequent here? No. But ComicBloc is still his official forums. Also with both DC and Marvel so active in Hollywood today I don't have an issue with two forums for all of their projects. We have two of them for their comics after all. I don't see why we'd want to combine all their Hollywood projects into one forum. That could be an overload.

Though Geoff doen't always get a credit in their releases with his title of Creative Content Office he's involved regardless. And he's always in the DVD extras for everything DC puts out and from his comments he's pretty involved, credit or not.

Old October 14th, 2014   chrisbenes is offline   #514
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

Not sure I agree with this. The TV, movie and video game forum in Geoff's section was created specifcally at his requesf. You can read what he said about that forum HERE. Does he frequent here? No. But ComicBloc is still his official forums. Also with both DC and Marvel so active in Hollywood today I don't have an issue with two forums for all of their projects. We have two of them for their comics after all. I don't see why we'd want to combine all their Hollywood projects into one forum. That could be an overload.

Though Geoff doen't always get a credit in their releases with his title of Creative Content Office he's involved regardless. And he's always in the DVD extras for everything DC puts out and from his comments he's pretty involved, credit or not.
ddf
jafabian View Post
and that's fine I don't disagree...but create a movie forum and put 3 folders in it for DC/Marvel/All other. This way it's all in the same spot and people don't have to hunt for it.

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old October 17th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #515
Amentep

Its annoying (IMO because the division seems pointless from a member perspective as Geoff doesn't seem to respond there, but perhaps from his perspective maximizes how quickly he can anonymously search the feedback on DC's media efforts) but ultimately its not that difficult to go to the other forum and look for the DC stuff (that all gets crammed there regardless of how connected Geoff is to it).

Old October 27th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #516
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

I still can post links. jfabian said awhile back he was looking into the problem. That was awhile ago. Recently tried posting a link, and I kept getting same response that I'm unable to do it.

Old October 27th, 2014   Keith Dallas is offline   #517
Keith Dallas
At a Hockey Game

Recently tried posting a link, and I kept getting same response that I'm unable to do it.
ddf
manwithnoname View Post
Let me look at your profile from the admin panel.

Anyone else having this problem?

Old October 27th, 2014   Keith Dallas is offline   #518
Keith Dallas
At a Hockey Game

Recently tried posting a link, and I kept getting same response that I'm unable to do it.
ddf
manwithnoname View Post
I just changed your usergroup. See if that corrects the problem.

Old October 27th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #519
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

ddf
Keith Dallas View Post
It worked! Thank you.

Old November 4th, 2014   magicspoon is offline   #520
magicspoon
Eye See You

Hi guys,

I can certainly appreciate the sentiment that this is a quiet place now. I don't want you to feel that it's abandoned though.

From an update sense: I'll be honest with you, I'm paying for this server, and I will continue to do so, probably forever. I also have a plan to update the site, and designs that are in progress. Granted they're perennially in progress, but everything that happens here from that side of the fence is me hauling the lumber up the hill after I chop the tree down, after I grow the forest. In short, it's a monumental task, implemented in degrees, done in sprints of time. This is a task measured in hundreds of hours, and every week I can't get to it because of work/life demands is a percentage increase from knowledge loss that must be regained.

BUT, what I want you to remember, and the things I tell to my friends every time I see them at SDCC, or any show:
1. I've met wonderful people over the years because of this site. If I get married, these are people I'll invite to my wedding. I know I'm not alone in this. This is a debt that I know is shared by many of you, and because of this, is a debt I don't think I'll ever be able to repay. And so, is something I'll devote time to forever to pay that back.
2. I've watched professionals leave the field, I've watched fans enter it. I've seen posters become movie professionals, comedians, marketing professionals, writers and more. I know people who started this as high school students and are graduates with careers now. In the time of the site, comics have gone from fringe to the biggest franchises in the world. You can have an intelligent heated discussion about the merits of Iron Man in the Avengers with ANYONE. We used to moderate threads about the Flash, and how best to make a Flash movie. And now it's the CW's biggest show EVER. And it airs on the same network as Gotham and Arrow. Guardians of the Galaxy is one of the biggest movies of all time.
3. I'm done doing this for other people. I'm doing this for me, and for the people that still care. If there are only two of you left, then I'll still count that effort as fruitful.
4. I still believe that there is a place where people that share common interests can have an intelligent discussion about their passion.
5. Those people might not be friends yet, and as such, can't use facebook or whatever the hell network to talk to one another. Because facebook doesn't connect strangers together.
6. One day, my only hope is that they'll be friends.

This site will still be worth it, because of that.

What I want you to remember, is that it might take me forever to do it, but every poster that stays to talk to connect or meet friends -and every mod or admin that pushes a button or checks on things is just as important as everyone else. You're wonderful. We're a comic site. We celebrate comics. We celebrate nerds. Who the **** cares how big we are. How small we are. Just have faith that I'm in it for the right reasons. And I'm staying in it.

"Habagase, Get in the Room!"
http://www.harmoniousgrid.com/
Old November 5th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #521
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

sweet.

Old November 5th, 2014   hurri-fan is offline   #522
hurri-fan
Advanced Geoffan

Well said

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-M...7413068?ref=hl

Check out some of the comedy stuff I do, why dont'cha?
Old November 6th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #523
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

I still can post links. jfabian said awhile back he was looking into the problem. That was awhile ago. Recently tried posting a link, and I kept getting same response that I'm unable to do it.
ddf
manwithnoname View Post
Let me look at your profile from the admin panel.

Anyone else having this problem?
ddf
Keith Dallas View Post
ddf
Keith Dallas View Post
The recent crash took away my recently acquired ability to post links. Please, look into this.

Old November 6th, 2014   Keith Dallas is offline   #524
Keith Dallas
At a Hockey Game

The recent crash took away my recently acquired ability to post links. Please, look into this.
ddf
manwithnoname View Post

Try now.

Old November 6th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #525
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Try now.
ddf
Keith Dallas View Post
Nope. I keep getting Forbidden.

Old November 6th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #526
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Nope. I keep getting Forbidden.
ddf
manwithnoname View Post
On my laptop I keep getting Forbidden message.

On my kindle fire hdx I was able to post a link.

Old November 6th, 2014   Arcademan/PixieP is offline   #527
Arcademan/PixieP
Zettai daijōbu da yo

I haven't been able to directly post a link or image for over a year now. If I copy and paste it in a post, then it will show up.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread- Results and news!