The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old October 17th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #1
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Default Original Sin

I haven't read Original Sin. I did a search for it, but nothing popped up.

I subscribe to Marvel Unlimited, so I'm waiting for Original Sin to later be available on it.

Without spoiling the event/comic, what are your impressions, thoughts, rage, and/or outrage.

I haven't read AvX or Fear Itself.

Old October 17th, 2014   superfriend is offline   #2
superfriend
laughs at comics

i still haven't read #8 yet but i've found it kinda boring. i've enjoyed the tie-ins more. DD, Uncanny X-Men, GotG and the Avengers have been some good stories with an event that happened very early on in the main series predicating those stories.

the Hulk/Iron Man thing was alright but for Mark Bagley's art (not a fan) and the Thor/Loki thing was alright too. idk, it seemed like Gillen/Waid and Ewing/Aaron would've been a coupla dream teams but it ended up making them very ordinary for me.

like anything though, you'd have to try it for yourself to know if you like it.

observe everything, admire nothing
Old October 17th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #3
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

i still haven't read #8 yet but i've found it kinda boring. i've enjoyed the tie-ins more. DD, Uncanny X-Men, GotG and the Avengers have been some good stories with an event that happened very early on in the main series predicating those stories.

the Hulk/Iron Man thing was alright but for Mark Bagley's art (not a fan) and the Thor/Loki thing was alright too. idk, it seemed like Gillen/Waid and Ewing/Aaron would've been a coupla dream teams but it ended up making them very ordinary for me.

like anything though, you'd have to try it for yourself to know if you like it.
ddf
superfriend View Post
True.

Old October 18th, 2014   jafabian is offline   #4
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Didn't like it. I understand what Marvel was trying to do but it fell flat for me and quite frankly didn't make sense to me. Personally, I think they just wanted to get rid of Nick Fury in some grand way so Nick Jr. could take over and be in line with their movies.

Fear Itself wasn't a grand story for me either. AvX is good. The art in all three is well done with Fear Itself impressing me the most art wise.

Old October 18th, 2014   Jorge Galvan is offline   #5
Jorge Galvan
Supporters

It was pretty much Horse****!

I tried to tie it into the story from the MARVEL NOW # 1 and it don't jive at all.

Lotsa stuff left out or unanswered. The death of the WATCHER was not only unnecessary, but, shouldn't have happened under normal circumstances, even as I tried to understand it, it wasn't POSSIBLE to kill the Watcher, my beloved UATU, the way he died!?

I fell it is a segue for the new direction for Bucky Barnes and didn't really contribute anything to the Marvel Universe.

sad.

Old October 18th, 2014   Keith Dallas is offline   #6
Keith Dallas
At a Hockey Game

Without spoiling the event/comic, what are your impressions, thoughts, rage, and/or outrage.
ddf
manwithnoname View Post
I have to agree with the others that Original Sin was pretty underwhelming. It's a shame too because the Deodato artwork is incredible.

The story is set up as a murder mystery and there's really no mystery at all who the killer is.

Old October 19th, 2014   Troubleshooter is offline   #7
Troubleshooter

The story felt really artificial, as if they were "trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents". Original Sin became a deus ex machina for killing Fury, setting up a new direction for Winter Soldier, and swindling Thor out of his hammer.

"The avalanche has started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Old October 19th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #8
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

And now we have Axis the next event.

Old October 22nd, 2014   superfriend is offline   #9
superfriend
laughs at comics

The story felt really artificial, as if they were "trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents". Original Sin became a deus ex machina for killing Fury, setting up a new direction for Winter Soldier, and swindling Thor out of his hammer.
ddf
Troubleshooter View Post
yup, sounds about right.

observe everything, admire nothing