The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Television, Movies and Animation

Television, Movies and Animation aka The Talkies!

Old October 8th, 2014   Lucifer complex is offline   #1
Lucifer complex
expressway to Hell

Default American Horror Story: Freak Show

the wait is over as I am watching it right now.30 minutes into it and I love it already, Who doesn't love a clown? Great to see the cast of characters who brought us Coven. between this Gotham,The Flash and the Walking Dead,T.V. has never been better.

Old October 8th, 2014   flashsuper is offline   #2
flashsuper
My real name is Mike

the wait is over as I am watching it right now.30 minutes into it and I love it already, Who doesn't love a clown? Great to see the cast of characters who brought us Coven. between this Gotham,The Flash and the Walking Dead,T.V. has never been better.
ddf
Lucifer complex View Post
Didn't watch the other three AHS', but I like a good old feakshow so I am giving this a try. Hey, we watch four of the same shows. How'd you like Flash and Gotham so far?

I have had a rebirth.
Old October 8th, 2014   Lucifer complex is offline   #3
Lucifer complex
expressway to Hell

Didn't watch the other three AHS', but I like a good old feakshow so I am giving this a try. Hey, we watch four of the same shows. How'd you like Flash and Gotham so far?
ddf
flashsuper View Post
Gotham is a fun show,I like the way they are building the Penguin up. Also James Gordon and the other people, Plus they also mentioned the Doll maker. Loved the Flash, even though he looks like he is fourteen years old, so many easter eggs thrown in,Professor Zoom killing his mother. Grodd breaking out of his cage,The Weather Wizard and even the end with the newspaper showing the Flash vanishing during the Crisis. I haven;t be this excited about T.V. in a long time.

Old October 9th, 2014   flashsuper is offline   #4
flashsuper
My real name is Mike

Gotham is a fun show,I like the way they are building the Penguin up. Also James Gordon and the other people, Plus they also mentioned the Doll maker. Loved the Flash, even though he looks like he is fourteen years old, so many easter eggs thrown in,Professor Zoom killing his mother. Grodd breaking out of his cage,The Weather Wizard and even the end with the newspaper showing the Flash vanishing during the Crisis. I haven;t be this excited about T.V. in a long time.
ddf
Me neither. As far as Penguin goes, I hope his teeth are fake because, man, are they nasty looking.

I have had a rebirth.
Old October 9th, 2014   stumpjs is offline   #5
stumpjs
Profound Rambler

Missed the premier. I'll have to try to stream it.
I've seen the first 3 seasons. Loved all of them. Especially Asylum. Murder House was great too.

"Laissez le bon temps rouler!" ~Gambit
Old October 9th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #6
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Asylum season 2 freaked me out. Watched only 2 episodes and stopped.

I worked for 6 months many years ago at our state's mental hospital. Hearing stories from coworkers, and reading articles throughout the years about the hospital is terrible. So watching the show was too much.

Going back and trying to watch it to catch up via Amazon Prime.

Old October 14th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #7
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Finished season 2 binge. Great cringing show.

Watched premiere episode of season 4. Great job of introducing a lot of characters done well.

I haven't watched any of season 3. Not available on Netflix. Available on Amazon, but not free for Prime members. Sigh...

Old October 16th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #8
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Tonight's episode gives some disturbing developments regarding the psychopathic clown. He looks so cringing creepy. They did such a great job creating his look.

Angela Bassett and Michael Chiklis make debut. Angela plays a particular character/freak.

Meep!

Old October 16th, 2014   Lucifer complex is offline   #9
Lucifer complex
expressway to Hell

two episodes into it and I am spellbound by it. I can't wait till next Wednesday. Twisty the clown is the best horror figure since Pennywise the clown from it. The best part is He hasn't even said a word,but just his movements (or lack of) manages to bring a certain impending doom to whatever scene he is in. Over all this is such a strong cast with a well written script, I hope they can keep it going for the full run.

Old October 16th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #10
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

two episodes into it and I am spellbound by it. I can't wait till next Wednesday. Twisty the clown is the best horror figure since Pennywise the clown from it. The best part is He hasn't even said a word,but just his movements (or lack of) manages to bring a certain impending doom to whatever scene he is in. Over all this is such a strong cast with a well written script, I hope they can keep it going for the full run.
ddf
These actors, writers, and directors on this show have not disappointed me with season 1 & 2 (haven't watched season 3). I have faith they'll deliver.

Yes, the clown hasn't said one word, and his presence has weight and edge-of-your-seat tension. That's strong characters and story.

With the season premiere the show got renewed for a fifth season! Whoo hoo!

Old October 23rd, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #11
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Last night's episode was high tension.

Kathy Bates' character gets some bad news. We see some flashback scenes of son's birth, very sad.

Emma Roberts debuts with her grifter character.

Wes Bentley plays a disturbing, mutated, malevolent character, with creepy green-colored fog to mark his entrance/presence.

Old December 30th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #12
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Mid-season finale was intense! It gave a connection to season 2.

Old January 5th, 2015   horrorfan2647 is offline   #13
horrorfan2647
Decompressing

Murder House and Freak show are my favorites... im mid-way through freak show.. catching up on demand... i wish they hadnt of got rid of Twisty so quick though! without a doubt my favorite clown (barring Pennywise)! The make-up was sooooo good!

Old January 8th, 2015   manwithnoname is offline   #14
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Horrific what happens to Jimmy Darling.

Neal Patrick Harris makes his debut. His character doesn't have a visual freaky aspect. His freaky aspect is made apparent during the episode though.

Chiklis' character has a definitive moment.

So much happens in one episode, very unsettling.

Old January 26th, 2015   manwithnoname is offline   #15
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Season finale: very dark and brutal episode. Wow!