The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old May 2nd, 2013   SmilingKnight is offline   #1
SmilingKnight
Advanced Geoffan

Default Suicide Risk: new series

So i bought this first issue because I am a huge Mike Carey mark. This is a world where people are buying super powers, and for some reason, everyone of them eventually go bad. And the story focuses on a cop trying to deal with the crazy crime.

First issue gives us some cool villains, a good look at the main character and a big choice he makes and a ton of mysteries to wonder about.

Mike Carey has a knack for long term story writing so I hope this lasts a while.

"Things won by force must always be maintained and defended by force" Commander Hawkins, Voltron
Old May 2nd, 2013   Mr. Wrong is offline   #2
Mr. Wrong
Supreme Geoffan

Picked up #1 yesterday. Haven't read yet, but glad to see you liked it!

"HEY, KENT! YOU'VE GOT YOUR BIB ON BACKWARDS!"
Old May 2nd, 2013   Sp33df0rc3 is offline   #3
Sp33df0rc3
Dark Lord of Lumberjacks

...wait.

Mike Carey has a new series out?

(scampers out door)

Check out Pulpline Magazine for original prose content! Submissions welcome!
Old May 8th, 2013   chasm is offline   #4
chasm
Master Geoffan

I picked this up today based on the good word of mouth and was really impressed. Great intro and the art is fantastic. Highly recommended.