The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Back Issues: Geoff Johns

Back Issues: Geoff Johns Talk about Geoff's older work here

Old August 17th, 2010   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #17
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

I paid a year's savings for Crossfire..was lucky enough to find someone selling Blitz at almost half the price everyone else was selling it for.

Those are two of the best trades with Wally. Why don't they get reprinted?

Probably for the same reason that my local discount department store has a large selection of Marvel toys, but only a handful of JLU and Batman toys....DC is lousy at mass marketing.

Years ago I was a Digimon fan who didn't care for Pokemon. Imagine my disappointment that the only Digimon toys out were the main characters and stuff like boring pencil sets and lunch boxes. Meanwhile, Pokemon had all kinds of action figures in a variety of sizes plus plushies and....geez...loads of stuff. They were smart and are still selling stuff and making shows. Digimon might as well be dead for all that it had a better storyline.

DC might want to wise up. Maybe they will once they start making good movies beyond the Batman ones.
ddf
Kyer View Post

Man I am lucky I snatched these up as they were published. I always buy doubles of the Flash issues when they come out plus the collected editions. Think I have two of the BLITZ trade...somewhere in my storage.

Looking to trade my single issues for the trade paperbacks. Inbox me if interested. Green Lantern, JSA, Avengers and many DC & Marvel books.
Old August 17th, 2010   virtuadept is offline   #18
virtuadept
bye.

DC is pretty lousy about keeping trades in print. Marvel is better but still not perfect either. Seems like Dark Horse has been doing really good with their Omnibus line, you would think DC and Marvel would see that example and cash in too.

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.
Old August 17th, 2010   SGiacomelli is offline   #19
SGiacomelli

Man I am lucky I snatched these up as they were published. I always buy doubles of the Flash issues when they come out plus the collected editions. Think I have two of the BLITZ trade...somewhere in my storage.
ddf
Bagged & Boarded View Post
I'll give ya $20 for it!

Old August 19th, 2010   voicesoffcamera is offline   #20
voicesoffcamera

I'll give you $21! (Price is Right strategy haha)

Old August 19th, 2010   voicesoffcamera is offline   #21
voicesoffcamera

I found a copy of Crossfire for $32. I picked it up because it's by far the cheapest I've seen it go during my searches. Now I just need Blitz to complete the set.

How much did Crossfire go for originally? I would have much rather given my money to my LCS and DC. Maybe they are planning a rerelease similar to Starman omnibus and that's why they are letting them go out of print?

Old August 19th, 2010   virtuadept is offline   #22
virtuadept
bye.

I'll give you $21! (Price is Right strategy haha)
ddf
voicesoffcamera View Post
I'd give $21.01. Cheap bastard strategy.

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.
Old August 19th, 2010   voicesoffcamera is offline   #23
voicesoffcamera

Haha

Old August 24th, 2010   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #24
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

Heh, thanks guys. Not for sale. I buy most of these doubles for my son. So when he is big enough to really appreciate comics I can give him doubles of my favorites.

Oh and Flash Omnibus's of Johns run would be insanely cool.

Looking to trade my single issues for the trade paperbacks. Inbox me if interested. Green Lantern, JSA, Avengers and many DC & Marvel books.
Old August 24th, 2010   SGiacomelli is offline   #25
SGiacomelli

Heh, thanks guys. Not for sale. I buy most of these doubles for my son. So when he is big enough to really appreciate comics I can give him doubles of my favorites.
ddf
Beauty. At least they're not just sitting in a box collecting speculator dust.

Old August 25th, 2010   bobcat zoidberg is offline   #26
bobcat zoidberg
12th level intellect

Hmmm....(checks condition of Crossfire trade)......(runs to eBay)

"The link between diet and diabetes is a white myth, like Larry Bird, and Colorado"
Old August 25th, 2010   voicesoffcamera is offline   #27
voicesoffcamera

Oh and Flash Omnibus's of Johns run would be insanely cool.
ddf
Can you adopt me please Seriously, that's awesome that you are buying extra books for you son. My dad apparently had comics for me but my mom sold them all except for a few Conan's and Spidey's before I really knew how to read them.

On a side note, I cracked down and bought a $40 copy of Blitz. It hurts to pay that much (especially because I have been off of work the past two and a half weeks, and Amazon will be charging & shipping my complete LOST set any day now) but I decided to jump on it instead of risking the price going up anymore. Knowing my luck, a super awesome reprint version will be announced tomorrow (which will be good news for those of you still looking )

Old October 1st, 2010   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #28
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

Beauty. At least they're not just sitting in a box collecting speculator dust.
ddf
SGiacomelli View Post
Hey man. I would be willing to part with the book for trade though....there is ONE book I am looking for and if you have it, or can get it, I would gladly trade. I need Grant Morrisons New X-men volume 3 hardcover. This suckers hard to find as well. I would gladly trade. If you have it or can get it PM me.

Old October 1st, 2010   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #29
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

Can you adopt me please Seriously, that's awesome that you are buying extra books for you son. My dad apparently had comics for me but my mom sold them all except for a few Conan's and Spidey's before I really knew how to read them.
ddf
voicesoffcamera View Post
Thanks man! I just hope he is into it and appreciates it. lol. Otherwise I will probably just sell them. Ya never know what kids will be into. Right now he has an interest. I just hope he does in a few years.

Old October 1st, 2010   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #30
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

Hmmm....(checks condition of Crossfire trade)......(runs to eBay)
ddf
bobcat zoidberg View Post
I know right? Who woulda thunk it?