The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old April 29th, 2014   BrianT is offline   #17
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

Well, if the tie-in makes me mad enough then I'll cancel the title. Simple. There's a reason why I only read 2 Marvel titles.

Why do readers feel tie-ins are mandatory? I read what I like; I don't like tie-ins.
ddf
manwithnoname View Post
Who said they were mandatory? Just curious how you handle your own statement of avoiding tie-ins when they are part of an ongoing series you read. And the answer is you don't. Fair enough.

Philadelphia Comic Book Examiner
Twitter: PAComicExaminer

Subscribe to my page
Old May 2nd, 2014   MattDiCarlo is offline   #18
MattDiCarlo
Threat or Menace?

Original Sin, especially, feels like its tie ins are going to be stand-alone. They're more of a shared theme than a shared event, it seems, something like a 0 or -1 issue month or a Villains month.

Old May 14th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #19
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Read Amazing Spider-Man#1. Doesn't mention Original Sin main event story. Cover is absent of Original Sin tie-in logo, too.

Reads like a Spider-Man comic. Yep: 2 panels tell us radioactive spider bit Parker then before dying bites someone else, setting up new character. No mention of Original Sin.

Peter's original sin is not stopping criminal who later kills Uncle Ben. That's not even mentioned.

Marvel is trying to sell Amazing Spider-Man comics. They stretched the truth and lied. Saw initial numbers and CBR reports Amazing selling over 500,000 copies.
Why would they lie? Cause tie-in issues get bump in sales, people buy.

The issue has lots of significance. One of them is setting up new character from Spider-Man's beginning.

Old May 14th, 2014   BrianT is offline   #20
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

Huh? What's the lie, exactly? ASM #1 wasn't promoted as an "Original Sin" tie-in, to my knowledge. I think that's next issue.

Philadelphia Comic Book Examiner
Twitter: PAComicExaminer

Subscribe to my page
Old May 14th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #21
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Huh? What's the lie, exactly? ASM #1 wasn't promoted as an "Original Sin" tie-in, to my knowledge. I think that's next issue.
ddf
BrianT View Post
Oops. My bad. Haven't seen solicit.