The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old September 11th, 2008   The Dark Avenger is offline   #1
The Dark Avenger

Default What's going on with the DC universe figures??

I was so excited when I found out these were going to be made. Sometime in Janurary, I found wave one and bought the Penguin. Now, impatiently waiting for seven months for wave two to show up in stores, I found a Green Lantern from wave three on shelves. What ever happened to wave two??

"You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it!" - The Joker
Old September 11th, 2008   superman_nb is offline   #2
superman_nb

I'm right there with ya in terms of frustration. I have yet to see anything from waves 2 or 3 in stores and I check pretty regularly at multiple Targets and Toy's R Us. I've been thinking about cutting back on my toy collecting but this line of toys was going to stay on my buy list. Im starting to rethink that strategy....

Old September 11th, 2008   Big Bad Voodoo Lou is offline   #3
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
I am the Law... Librarian

Wave 4 has started to show up at Meijer stores. I don't collect the line (at least not until JLI characters start showing up), but I think I saw Black Manta and Superman Red from wave 2 one time each, and Green Lantern from wave 3 once (all at Targets). Meanwhile, Etrigan, Orion, and Penguin from wave 1 are still warming TRU pegs around here.

My website, including comics and toys for sale or trade: http://www.geocities.com/bigbadvoodoolou .
Old September 12th, 2008   datalore is offline   #4
datalore
Advanced Geoffan

At best, distribution of these figures has been bad.

Did luck out about a month and a half ago and found everyone but Firestorm and Aquaman at a store, and found all of wave 3 at a Meijer a couple of days ago (and passed on the GL, and wish I hadn't!). Even got the Sinestro Corps Sinestro (but hooded Deathstroke).

That said haven't seen wave 4 yet (and don't expect to for a while), but have seen plenty of wave one here in Michigan (Demon, Red Tornado and Orion are on the clearance racks at Meijer....thinking they might have to clear those out before they put out the new ones).

http://www.saac-mcr.com/main/myford/ "Anyone who has said words can't hurt you...has never been hit by a dictionary!"
Old September 12th, 2008   add1 is offline   #5
add1
Supporters

wave 4 already? wow...

no meijers in new england though... guess im gonna have to wait for them to get to targets or TRUs....

aint nobody gonna hold me... i'm gonna be all that i can be... i take my problems to the dance floor... let the music make my spirit soar...
Old September 12th, 2008   superman_nb is offline   #6
superman_nb

Ya, we don't have Meijers in Southern California either...

Old September 12th, 2008   smallville is offline   #7
smallville
YoungJustus is remembered

http://http://www.toywiz.com/dcunacfibco.html
you can find them all at this website, including pre-ordering wave 5 which looks pretty cool and a Lobo I didn't know existed

"I Will Have a Wolverine FREE X-Book. In Fact, It Will Be Called 'No Wolverine.'-Whedon
Old September 12th, 2008   The Dark Avenger is offline   #8
The Dark Avenger

Found everyone but Firestorm and Aquaman at a store
ddf
datalore View Post
What store?
Found all of wave 3 at a Meijer a couple of days ago (and passed on the GL, and wish I hadn't!).
ddf
datalore View Post
He's an awesome figure!
Even got the Sinestro Corps Sinestro (but hooded Deathstroke).
ddf
datalore View Post
At a meijer?...wow. Good thing I live in Michigan. Meijer is was I found my Green Lantern.

Has anyone seen or know when the Wal-mart exclusive wave is supposed to come out? I heard August and, shockingly, I haven't see it. Thanks

"You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it!" - The Joker
Old September 12th, 2008   add1 is offline   #9
add1
Supporters

the walmart wave is wave 5...
which might explain why wave 4 is right on the tail of wave 3... to be out in time for holiday shopping.

aint nobody gonna hold me... i'm gonna be all that i can be... i take my problems to the dance floor... let the music make my spirit soar...
Old September 13th, 2008   GreenLantern22 is offline   #10
GreenLantern22

I completely agree, the availability and distribution of this line has SUCKED. I could understand not being able to find the variants, but it seems like I find figures one time or not at all.

Wave 1 - Very easy to find. Whatever happened to the 'modern' Red Tornado, though?

Wave 2 - Found the 'Ronnie' Firestorm, Black Manta and Harley Quinn at Meijer. Bought Superman Red and Superman Blue off of TRU.com. I had to resort to buying the long hair Aquaman off eBay. Still don't have short hair Aquaman and what's the deal with the 'Jason Rusch' Firestorm? I have never seen these figs at Target or TRU. I did recently see all of wave 2 (except Jason Firestorm and Aquaman, of course) at a Kroger 'Marketplace' store.

Wave 3 - I found regular Sinestro, Robin and Green Lantern at a Target in Columbus. A friend of mine in Florida picked up a Sinestro Corps Sinestro for me. I had to go to eBay to get hooded Deathstroke and Nightwing. I was in Florida last month and hit 5 Targets only find two Green Lanterns at one store.

I love these figs and the collect-and-connect are a great incentive to complete the waves. I was not initially impressed with the Demon and Penguin figs, but picked them up on the cheap so I could have a complete Wave 1 set. Mattel really needs to get their act together and get these figs into stores. I read stuff online all the time about factories and distribution and all that, but I don't know what to believe. All I know is that it should not be so hard to find these figures.

Old September 13th, 2008   GreenLantern22 is offline   #11
GreenLantern22

Wave 4 has started to show up at Meijer stores. I don't collect the line (at least not until JLI characters start showing up), but I think I saw Black Manta and Superman Red from wave 2 one time each, and Green Lantern from wave 3 once (all at Targets). Meanwhile, Etrigan, Orion, and Penguin from wave 1 are still warming TRU pegs around here.
ddf
Big Bad Voodoo Lou View Post
Lou, how do you know that Wave 4 is showing up at Meijer? I know they don't have those in Orlando, so I was just curious.

Old September 13th, 2008   Doug Zawisza is offline   #12
Doug Zawisza
Most Excellent Superbat

I saw Firestorm (Ronnie) once, but the nuclear symbol on his chest was poorly painted, so I passed him up.

Kinda regretting that now…

Old September 13th, 2008   silverageflash is offline   #13
silverageflash
Geoffan

I still need short hair Aquaman. Mattel needs to start selling these through the website because with quality problems and distubutions it's becoming harder and harder to find new products.

Old September 14th, 2008   Trespasser is offline   #14
Trespasser
Aw crap!

I've found all of wave 2 at a local grocery store except for Harley. The odd thing was that 1 or 2 would show up, I'd buy them and then 1 or 2 different one's would show up.

I saw the wave 3 GL at Target, but none of the others. I've got the whole wave on order though so I didn't buy.

I've got the pistols so I'll keep the pesos. That seems fair.
Old September 14th, 2008   smallville is offline   #15
smallville
YoungJustus is remembered

Have any of you seen wave 5

"I Will Have a Wolverine FREE X-Book. In Fact, It Will Be Called 'No Wolverine.'-Whedon
Old September 14th, 2008   add1 is offline   #16
add1
Supporters

too early for wave 5.

wave 4 is apparently just starting to appear, and only in the midwest so far...

i only got wave 3 less than a month ago.