The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old December 2nd, 2005   TheBard is offline   #1
TheBard

Default Beast boy from the Future titans is here?

Did anyone else notice or even think that the beast boy/animal man from the future titans came back in our Gar`s place?
I think Tim says "wheres beast boy?" as they are about to go through the portal to our time..and they make a point of animal from gar coming through. then we see him in animal form and amking grrrf noises.
or is it just me?

Old December 2nd, 2005   Cousin Cory Springhorn is offline   #2
Cousin Cory Springhorn
Advanced Geoffan

No, it's not just you. A whole lot of people were speculating about that when the issues first came out. However, as there don't seem to have been any additional hints in that direction during the past year, it seems less likely now, especially since we're just a few issues away from the one year jump. Nothing's impossible, though!

Old December 2nd, 2005   Captain Calamity is offline   #3
Captain Calamity
Geoffan

That would be way to "Dark Beast." Lame.

Titans Together!
Old December 2nd, 2005   KTHunter is offline   #4
KTHunter

Interesting question. I went back and re-read those parts of #19.

It's not impossible, but I can think of a few reasons why it is unlikely:

- "Animal Man" would had to have gotten into BB's uniform, somehow. I don't think he had time to retrieve any old ones he might have had at the tower. Unless he was wearing one that was hidden in his half-transformed state the way it hides when he changes into an animal?

- I think Raven could have sensed the difference, unless she had a "blind spot" (those do happen) about it. She said earlier that she could sense an "armor" over their hearts; most likely she would have been able to tell it was the other Gar. His empathic "signature" would have changed. But only if her powers were working or if she were paying attention.

- I think something about his memories or his attitude would have given him away by now (except maybe for the grrrfs)

I've been wrong before, though.

However, the Grrrf's and such that started appearing after this were interesting ...

I'll have to go re-read the earlier issues and see if there were any before...

Love has its own Logic

Bring Back Beast Boy Brigade - Because Gar Logan deserves better than comic limbo!
Old December 2nd, 2005   KTHunter is offline   #5
KTHunter

Hmmm... pointy ears ... McKone tended to draw Gar with regular ears. Grummett and Daniel like pointy ears. I'm not sure if that's a hint or just an artistic difference...

Love has its own Logic

Bring Back Beast Boy Brigade - Because Gar Logan deserves better than comic limbo!
Old December 2nd, 2005   Saturn Girl is offline   #6
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

I think the TT 'toon has more influence on Gar's "new" fangy and pointed ear look than the Tomorrow storyline.

I am the one who knocks.
Old December 2nd, 2005   Human Bong is offline   #7
Human Bong
Pay Attention 2 Me

I never noticed that, a great theory. I would have fully believed it and backed it, if I heard when the issue came out.
But I think Beast Boy has been in character since the issue came out. There would have been more clues showing him being slightly out of character (although the pointy ears is good).
Animal Man seemed too brutal and gruff to pretend to be Beast Boy, there'd have to have been a slip up.

Also the biggest debunker is why Raven didn't sense it. Has she had trouble 'reading' Gar, does his beastial nature interfere with her powers?.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old December 2nd, 2005   Kid Lime is offline   #8
Kid Lime
Geoffan

I dont think that Gar is the one from the future, but we dont know if he could be turning into the same form the one from the future is in if u get what i mean. it would explain the pointy ears and grrrf noises

Old December 2nd, 2005   DeTroyes is offline   #9
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Location: Miskatonic University, Dept. of Ancient Manuscripts

I think the grrrf noises and such are just after-effects of his re-exposure to sakutia in "Beast Boys and Girls", which happened just before "Titans of Tomorrow". Remember, right after they visited the future Gar mentions that he's not sure what effect the re-exposure was going to have on him, and he was worried that it would turn him into something like his future self. That's about the time some animal traits started surfacing (notice in TT #26 he had a tendency to crough animal-like when staying still). In the upcoming crisis issues, I wouldn't be surprised if Beast Boy starts to manifest AM II's splitting power.

I doubt the current BB is the future BB in hiding. Raven would certainly have noticed a difference (remember, in "Raven Rising" she said she possessed Garfield because she could sense him better than any of the others, even at a great distance), and AM II would surely have tripped up by now. Not to mention the whole uniform thing.

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.
Old December 2nd, 2005   Calcite is offline   #10
Calcite
Neo Geoffan

Animal Man's ability to duplicate himself was ****ed impressive. One wonders if that has any particular limit or if he just goes into a hive-mind state and controls any number of duplicates at once.

Rehlehnah tso rahnahl yahrtee shuhfaitee te fah keelehn.
Old December 2nd, 2005   KTHunter is offline   #11
KTHunter

Animal Man's ability to duplicate himself was ****ed impressive. One wonders if that has any particular limit or if he just goes into a hive-mind state and controls any number of duplicates at once.
ddf
Calcite
That was pretty cool. I don't know what his limit is, but I did see several tarantulas at once . . .

Love has its own Logic

Old December 2nd, 2005   kipster is offline   #12
kipster
Super Hero Support

Actually, I was just thinking about this the other day, after reading the last issue. I don't have it with me, but there is a part where the Doom Patrol comes up in the conversation, and Gar says something about "if I'm remembering it right".

At first I thought this might have some tie-in to IC, or maybe they are just erasing Byrne's DP, but then I also wondered if maybe he wasn't fuzzy on the memories because it happened a long time ago for him, because he IS the Gar from the future...

"We pursue that which retreats from us"
Old December 2nd, 2005   Rogzila is offline   #13
Rogzila
Neo Geoffan

I think the "grrffs" are our Beast Boy showing signs of BECOMING Animal Man...becoming more animalistic.

I don't think Future Gar would have trouble remembering information about his adopted mom who he loved that much...I think it's time rewriting itself! OH NO!

"If you expect a kick in the crotch and get a slap in the face, then its a victory!"
-personal mantra
Old December 2nd, 2005   Dr.Strangefate is offline   #14
Dr.Strangefate

Could both of them have come back?

I mean, can Gar turn into a flea or something?

Personally, I think that having an older, darker Gar would be highly affective... particularly if the young guy is still here.

Old December 3rd, 2005   The Kid Lantern is offline   #15
The Kid Lantern
They call me Mason....

I had thought about the animal noises being a hint at Gar becoming Animal Man, or that he was in fact the Gar from Titans Tommorow. I think either possibility would be cool, maybe Buddy Baker dies in the Crisis and Gar taps into more of 'the Red' and gets the new ability taking on the role of one of his heroes during the Crisis. I'm thinking of a visual of a slightly aged Gar similar to Titans Tommorow with pants, shoes, and Buddy's jacket.

And maybe Geoff has it planned that Gar slips up when he comes into contact with Terra? That's supposed to be the reason Gar broke away from the other Titans like Cyborg and Kid Flash in the future arc.

Beast Boy was always my favorite Titan outside of anybody in the fab 5.

~KL~

I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world....
Old December 3rd, 2005   Flying-Grayson is offline   #16
Flying-Grayson
Advanced Geoffan

It would be too cool if Gar gained the 'splitting' powers. Imagine a pride of lions or a school of piranhas. He'd kick all kinds of @ss. I'm also with the people who wouldn't mind seeing him take over Buddy Baker's 'mantle'.

Whatever happens, I'm just glad that he'll be around after the Crisis.