The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old November 14th, 2006   Sinyaa is offline   #65
Sinyaa
Geoffan

Some Barry fans that could not move on wanted Barry back, Wally fans said Wally is the Flash now, time to move on.

Bart is the Flash now, Wally fans are going through the Barry thing that Barry fans went through.

Myself I can easily accept Bart as Flash, I only want a good reading experience so I can support it.

Simple.
ddf
Augustine View Post
The difference here is that many Bart fans aren't happy with the change. It's not just Wally fans.

Old November 14th, 2006   Jake1823 is offline   #66
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

The difference here is that many Bart fans aren't happy with the change. It's not just Wally fans.
ddf
Sinyaa View Post
Many Bart from this board or many everywhere?

B/c I don't think you could prove either...

Where is everybody?
Old November 14th, 2006   Sinyaa is offline   #67
Sinyaa
Geoffan

ddf
Jake1823 View Post
I didn't say all Bart fans or most Bart fans, but enough to be noticeable. I'm not going to speak for whole fandom and I getting quite annoyed with having to argue statistics. The fact that there are even some Bart fans that are dissatisfied disproves your blanket statement that all Bart fans just want the Wally fans to move on.

Old November 14th, 2006   Jake1823 is offline   #68
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

I didn't say all Bart fans or most Bart fans, but enough to be noticeable. I'm not going to speak for whole fandom and I getting quite annoyed with having to argue statistics. The fact that there are even some Bart fans that are dissatisfied disproves your blanket statement that all Bart fans just want the Wally fans to move on.
ddf
Sinyaa View Post
Statistics matter when blanket statements like "many Barts fans are unhappy" are made. Unless you clarify "many"...

My blanket statement? When did I make a blanket statement?

Where is everybody?
Old November 14th, 2006   hyper_neko is offline   #69
hyper_neko

I just want Bart to get some of his old personality back. He just doesn't feel like the Bart I know from Impulse/YJ/TT. And yes I am aware he's aged a bit, but still...maybe just some of it back? Pretty please? =p

I'm fairly OK with him being the Flash, but I won't complain if Wally came back.

This new writer looks kinda promising...hope it's a better story to read...

"Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Old November 15th, 2006   Ohoni is offline   #70
Ohoni
persona non grata

Source [for Bart dying]?
ddf
Infinite Crisis 7, Flash: The Flastest Man Alive #1-4.

ddf
I'm one of them. I also have many friends, both online and off, who feel the same way. Is it possible to accurately claim the ALL Bart fans are opposed to this change? No, there are definitely at least SOME who accept it. Is it possible to claim that MOST Bart fans are opposed to this? No more than it is to claim that most support it, there just isn't evidence on either side, and collecting it would be overly burdensome. All I can say with certainty is that in reading this board and others, the overwhelming opinion EXPRESSED is that neither Wally nor Bart fans are in favor of this change, either in part or in full, and the vast majority of "Flash noobs" who were just testing the waters with the new book left immensely disapointed by it. What the silent majority thinks, who knows, but I just can't believe that they have no opinion on the matter at all.

Old November 15th, 2006   Jake1823 is offline   #71
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Infinite Crisis 7, Flash: The Flastest Man Alive #1-4.
ddf
Ohoni View Post

And he dies how? He seems alive now, for some weird reason.

Where is everybody?
Old November 15th, 2006   Vinny Piccolo is offline   #72
Vinny Piccolo
Don't call it a comeback.

People who didn't love Bart as Impulse just don't get it, IMO.

That said, He's slowly finding himself again.

Old November 15th, 2006   Jake1823 is offline   #73
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

I'm one of them. I also have many friends, both online and off, who feel the same way. Is it possible to accurately claim the ALL Bart fans are opposed to this change? No, there are definitely at least SOME who accept it. Is it possible to claim that MOST Bart fans are opposed to this? No more than it is to claim that most support it, there just isn't evidence on either side, and collecting it would be overly burdensome. All I can say with certainty is that in reading this board and others, the overwhelming opinion EXPRESSED is that neither Wally nor Bart fans are in favor of this change, either in part or in full, and the vast majority of "Flash noobs" who were just testing the waters with the new book left immensely disapointed by it. What the silent majority thinks, who knows, but I just can't believe that they have no opinion on the matter at all.
ddf
Ohoni View Post
Still not even close to a majority number. There's only probably 30-40 people that actually speak up against Flash here, and probably the same that speak up for it. Those numbers might be generous, too. Unless you're apart of 100 MB's, that number means nothing.

Where is everybody?
Old November 15th, 2006   TJLamb0518 is offline   #74
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Still not even close to a majority number. There's only probably 30-40 people that actually speak up against Flash here, and probably the same that speak up for it. Those numbers might be generous, too. Unless you're apart of 100 MB's, that number means nothing.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
I like blankets. They are warm and fuzzy and cozy.

That's my blanket statement.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old November 16th, 2006   eboogyman is offline   #75
eboogyman
Lawn Chair Repairman

Just by reading this I can tell Mark is going into this with completely the wrong attitude. Flash fans are really pissed, Bart AND Wally fans. and coming in with the attitude of this is the Flash now get over it, I just dont think is gonna fly.

Blison and Co didnt necessrally tell a bad story, they delt with what was given to them which fans where just not buying.

Fans are pissed and even more so that if youre gonna make drastic changes like they did, it better be worth it, and it just wasnt.

Now to come in with the attitude they the angry mob should "get over it", I just dont see how thats gonna fly.

Old November 16th, 2006   magicspoon is offline   #76
magicspoon
Eye See You

Just by reading this I can tell Mark is going into this with completely the wrong attitude. Flash fans are really pissed, Bart AND Wally fans. and coming in with the attitude of this is the Flash now get over it, I just dont think is gonna fly.

Blison and Co didnt necessrally tell a bad story, they delt with what was given to them which fans where just not buying.

Fans are pissed and even more so that if youre gonna make drastic changes like they did, it better be worth it, and it just wasnt.

Now to come in with the attitude they the angry mob should "get over it", I just dont see how thats gonna fly.
ddf
eboogyman View Post

Actually, you should get over it, realistically.
You're really only screwing yourself if you don't allow yourself even the option of enjoying the book. You've got a new writer, and an admitted new direction for the book. Some things aren't likely to change that much: Bart IS the Flash, and you can either accept that and read the book, or don't and don't read the book. If you read the book, and accept that, then start at ground zero with the new writer.

However, coming into a new arc with a new writer STILL pissed, is just ridiculous - you're just hobbling yourself.

"Habagase, Get in the Room!"
http://www.harmoniousgrid.com/
Old November 16th, 2006   titanfan is offline   #77
titanfan
Geoffan

ddf
Sales is the ultimate indicator of whether the change was good. If sales of the title continue to plummet, it would be an indicator that:

- Bart fans weren't happy and dropped the book.
- The quality of the book wasn't of a good enough quality to draw new fans into the title.

Old November 16th, 2006   TJLamb0518 is offline   #78
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Sales is the ultimate indicator of whether the change was good. If sales of the title continue to plummet, it would be an indicator that:

- The quality of the book wasn't of a good enough quality to draw new fans into the title.
ddf
titanfan View Post
And if they don;t and level out at 60K-ish.....does it mean Wally fans were unhappy with Geoffs' run?

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old November 16th, 2006   Jake1823 is offline   #79
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

ddf
titanfan View Post
Say they got to the same amount as Geoff's previous run. Would it mean Bart fans were as happy as Wally fans?

Where is everybody?