The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Television, Movies and Animation

Television, Movies and Animation aka The Talkies!

Old April 4th, 2012   Billy Batson is offline   #129
Billy Batson
Neo Geoffan

I missed Arya.

I also thought the first episode could have spent more time on the Stannis opening and explain better to non-book readers what was going on.
My wife had tons of questions.

Read my movie reviews at my site
Old April 4th, 2012   DaVeO is offline   #130
DaVeO
Talk to the Hand of Doom

Only regret for the premiere was there wasn't more Arya! But I know we'll get to her.
ddf
Saturn Girl View Post
I have a feeling ep #2 will open with Arya and Gendry (King Rob's bastard)

Where ever you go, there you are.
Old April 12th, 2012   Capt America1941 is offline   #131
Capt America1941
Advanced Geoffan

After avoiding this show since it started, I sat down last week and started with season one and watched up til the latest episode of season 2. All I can say is I love this show! Interesting characters, beautiful settings, its well made and well written. I was suprised when Eddard was executed, but I've been told by someone who has read the books that "no one is safe". My favorite character is Tyroin, Peter Dinklage steals every scene he is in. I'll be a faithful viewer from now on!

fight the power !!!!! don't register!!!
Old April 12th, 2012   Saturn Girl is offline   #132
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

Peter Dinklage is a hoot as Tyrion, really love him. He and Nikolaj Coster Waldau have turned out to be my favorite actors on the show.

Minor spoilers about Jaime Lannister:
SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
I just wish Jaime had more of a presence in the second book so I know I'd see more of him this season! He has a huge role in the third and fourth books, so thank goodness HBO renewed already. I can't believe I'm already excited about the third season!

Jaime and Tyrion's storylines are my favorite in the whole book series, so we are lucky they cast those parts with such great actors.

I am the one who knocks.
Old April 13th, 2012   TTitanFan25 is offline   #133
TTitanFan25
Geoffan

Such an epic series! I just started watching season 1 and should be caught up to s2 by tomorrow.

Totally stoked that HBO has another series with the feel of Rome.

Old April 13th, 2012   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #134
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

Such an epic series! I just started watching season 1 and should be caught up to s2 by tomorrow.

Totally stoked that HBO has another series with the feel of Rome.
ddf
TTitanFan25 View Post
It really is a great series. Such high quality. The acting, the sets...all of it. I read the first book after Season 1 ended. Thinking about doing that for each season. Cool stuff.

Season 2 premier was outstanding. Second episode was good too.

Old April 13th, 2012   Alan is offline   #135
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

I read the whole lot after seeing the start of series one, keeping just behind the tv until the first book finished, then reading the rest largely without stopping for food or drink. Series two is a different experience now I know exactly what is going to happen, but thankfully they have included several gratuitous sex scenes so that it isn't totally as per the book.
Still awesome though.

And wait till you see what happens to......no, better not say!

Old April 14th, 2012   scion969 is offline   #136
scion969
Advanced Geoffan

I'm curious, with HBO continuing to renew the show, and with the unbelievably remote chance Martin will finish even one more book in the next several years, let alone the series: Will Martin let them in on enough info to finish the TV series accurately, or will he feed them a different storyline so that readers will still be surprised in 2025?

Old April 14th, 2012   Sp33df0rc3 is offline   #137
Sp33df0rc3
Dark Lord of Lumberjacks

I'm curious, with HBO continuing to renew the show, and with the unbelievably remote chance Martin will finish even one more book in the next several years, let alone the series: Will Martin let them in on enough info to finish the TV series accurately, or will he feed them a different storyline so that readers will still be surprised in 2025?
ddf
scion969 View Post
I've heard that Martin has already told HBO how the series ends so that if he dies before completing it, the show can give it an ending (or THE ending, i suppose).

Check out Pulpline Magazine for original prose content! Submissions welcome!
Old April 17th, 2012   DaVeO is offline   #138
DaVeO
Talk to the Hand of Doom

ddf
scion969 View Post
Also he'll have some more time to keep up as they are hoping to expand the third book into two seasons.

Where ever you go, there you are.
Old April 17th, 2012   Saturn Girl is offline   #139
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

George RR Martin strikes me as having a rather healthy ego, and he loves getting interviewed. If anything is going to spur him to write his sixth book faster, it is the promise of lots of media attention, not to mention the financial rewards. While his books always sold well, in the past, the premiere of the HBO show caused his sales to skyrocket and he's probably gotten more press in the last year than in his entire career.

I am the one who knocks.
Old June 4th, 2012   chrisbenes is offline   #140
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

Anyone watch the season finale? Good but I think I was expecting more excitement. I think the episode before the finale was a bit better with the Battle of Kings Landing. All in all not bad though.

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old June 4th, 2012   RoseWilson is offline   #141
RoseWilson
Advanced Geoffan

Hmmm well I think this is by far the best show on TV and the last scene was defintley an OMG moment it did feel a little less epic perhaps than I'd expect from a season ender of this show.

Old June 4th, 2012   chrisbenes is offline   #142
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

Hmmm well I think this is by far the best show on TV and the last scene was defintley an OMG moment it did feel a little less epic perhaps than I'd expect from a season ender of this show.
ddf
RoseWilson View Post
I agree...the last scene was fantastic.....and yes I agree it's tops on TV right now. I just really loved the episode before the finale so was hoping for an even better finale. Not that it was bad at all...It was quite good I was just hoping for more excitement.

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old June 4th, 2012   Saturn Girl is offline   #143
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

Great ending to the season! It was hard to even pick a favorite scene, they were all so good. Though I admit being partial to Jaime and Brienne, cannot wait to see their storyline next year. Also loved the scenes with Tyrion, especially smug Pycelle. Varys continues to be one of my favorites on this show, loved that scene with Ros.

It will be a very long wait for season 3! At least I have new Breaking Bad coming up July 15, but after those 8 eps air that I better find a new top tier show to keep me busy!

I am the one who knocks.
Old June 4th, 2012   chasm is offline   #144
chasm
Master Geoffan

The season finale episodes are always fun because that's when they drag out the magic. The surprise appearance of an old character from season 1 was a nice treat.

Sansa has refused two offers of escape from King's Landing. That officially makes her the stupidest character on the show, surpassing even Theon.