The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old June 16th, 2010   leonmallett is offline   #33
leonmallett
comics fan

Cover art is clearly rushed, regardless I love this team, so glad that is just a variant cover. Coming out of IC this was one of my favorite teams.
ddf
TTitanFan25 View Post
It doesn't look rushed to me - but then I am no artist. The characters all seem fine, well drawn and are clear in who they represent, and the spaces on the cover I guess are for cover copy, so in all I like it and can't really fault it. I honestly don't see how it looks 'rushed'.

Still, very excited. Like other posters have said this has really stoked my excitement like few other new projects this year (USatFF ties with Mighty Crusaders for that honour for me).

The new 52 - probably not for me...
Old June 16th, 2010   TTitanFan25 is offline   #34
TTitanFan25
Geoffan

It doesn't look rushed to me - but then I am no artist. The characters all seem fine, well drawn and are clear in who they represent, and the spaces on the cover I guess are for cover copy, so in all I like it and can't really fault it. I honestly don't see how it looks 'rushed'.

Still, very excited. Like other posters have said this has really stoked my excitement like few other new projects this year (USatFF ties with Mighty Crusaders for that honour for me).
ddf
leonmallett View Post
It reminds me of when an artist inks very loose pencils. I love his work, look at his new covers for the Superman and Batman graphic novels coming out. Big difference. The layout is nice and dynamic, i just hope it gets tweaked before it's released.

Old June 16th, 2010   TheRay is offline   #35
TheRay
Supreme Geoffan

Does anyone else want to see Iron Munro on the roster? I think he'd make a great fit, especially seeing as he's no longer popping up in a Manhunter/Kate Spencer series.

http://www.facebook.com/daniel.penland
Xbox Live ID: TrumpetDan
Playstation Network ID: TheRay3
Steam: TrumpetDan
Old June 16th, 2010   TTitanFan25 is offline   #36
TTitanFan25
Geoffan

Does anyone else want to see Iron Munro on the roster? I think he'd make a great fit, especially seeing as he's no longer popping up in a Manhunter/Kate Spencer series.
ddf
TheRay View Post
YES! I loved his old book and recent appearances in Manhunter.

Old June 16th, 2010   ggiandonato is offline   #37
ggiandonato
Master Geoffan

ddf
TheRay View Post
It would be interesting to see Iron, Phantom Lady I and even Manhunter VIII make appearances.

Old June 17th, 2010   Juza77 is offline   #38
Juza77

From DC's solicits for September:

[IMG]http://i.newsarama.com/images/freedom_fighters_cv1_02.jpg[

Very surprised! Very pleased!

Now here's hoping DC publicise this series enough between now and it's release (since the announcement itself was unexpected)!
ddf
oddballuk View Post
great news! really loved the two mini hope to see Happy and the original doll man , black condor and phantom lady too

Old June 17th, 2010   DaVeO is offline   #39
DaVeO
Talk to the Hand of Doom

I loved the first mini but disliked the 2nd. I will however try this.

Where ever you go, there you are.
Old June 17th, 2010   impulse1999 is offline   #40
impulse1999
Advanced Geoffan

ddf
leonmallett View Post
I like the cover. Beats the HECK outta the way the original FF team were drawn in Legacies! Ugh!

DCnU? We'll see....
Old June 20th, 2010   Andrew72287 is offline   #41
Andrew72287
Neo Geoffan

It reminds me of when an artist inks very loose pencils. I love his work, look at his new covers for the Superman and Batman graphic novels coming out. Big difference. The layout is nice and dynamic, i just hope it gets tweaked before it's released.
ddf
TTitanFan25 View Post
I don't think that's the final art, I think it's just a rushed image for the solicits, I think the final image will have stronger inks and more vibrant colors. I've seen similar things with some Teen Titans covers.

Old June 20th, 2010   Capt America1941 is offline   #42
Capt America1941
Advanced Geoffan

This along with the new Invaders book coming out in September brings me back to 1977 when I was 12 and buying both books........maybe another Crusaders/Invaders/Freedom Fighters fight can be arranged in both books again?

fight the power !!!!! don't register!!!
Old June 27th, 2010   The Kid Lantern is offline   #43
The Kid Lantern
They call me Mason....

I'm so pumped for this! I'll be picking it up to see what happens with the Ray and Firebrand. I wish Damage was alive and part of this team still....

~KL~

I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world....
Old June 28th, 2010   leonmallett is offline   #44
leonmallett
comics fan

As much as I like Iron Munro (and I really do), I'd like the primary cast to remain based on the Quality characters and legacies.

So instead of Iron Munro or a somehow-returned Damage, I'd rather see Max Mercury, Plastic Man, a new Jester etc.

The new 52 - probably not for me...
Old June 28th, 2010   Terry Sloane is offline   #45
Terry Sloane
Master Geoffan

There is always room in the comics-verse for more Human Bomb.

Old June 28th, 2010   Nightwing826 is offline   #46
Nightwing826
The New Champion

I can't wait for it but I do hope it is better then the last mini.

The biggest Freddy Freeman fan.
Old August 20th, 2010   oddballuk is offline   #47
oddballuk
Dapper English Bloke

Here's the regular cover by Dave Johnson:

Very cool!

All things are possible here and I am what madness has made me. Whole and complete and free at last.
- Amadeus Arkham

My Movie Reviews
Old August 29th, 2010   Kane_fan is offline   #48
Kane_fan
Flamebird..A hero reborn!

That is a cool cover.

I'm hoping the series is much better than the last mini that was put out.

Bette Kane is Flamebird.....except no substitutes! Of course, if they call her Bat-Girl, then that's okay. :)