The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old October 17th, 2009   E2Brutus is offline   #17
E2Brutus
The Obsidian Horseman

Holly is dead as of issue 2 of Blackest Night: Titans, which is vastly superior to either current Titans series.
ddf
Sentinel119 View Post
Well, yeah, but given the number of other DC heroes that have suddenly shuffled off the mortal coil in BN, I'd wait until the whole thing's over before ruling anyone out.

Old October 18th, 2009   JRM is offline   #18
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

Totally OT, but I'd love to see them merge the Commander/Citizen Steel/Steel legacies some day.
ddf
ggiandonato View Post
Why? For what purpose? What would be gained?

Is there a real reason - Hank and Co. have more in common with either Robotman or Cyborg. To me it is comic storytelling at its worst to have everything similar connected. Having ALL the various Harpers, Grayson' or Knights related. Have all the various similar code-named characters connected.

Rather just see good progressive stories not forced ones written just to interconnect EVERYTHING...

Jim

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old October 18th, 2009   JRM is offline   #19
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

And I believe the original Hank Heywood character was known as Steel until All-Star Squadron showed him to be given the commander rank.
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
The originals short lived (5 issue) 80's book was entitled, STEEL - the Indestructible Man"

Jim

Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old October 18th, 2009   ggiandonato is offline   #20
ggiandonato
Master Geoffan

Why? For what purpose? What would be gained?

Rather just see good progressive stories not forced ones written just to interconnect EVERYTHING...
ddf
JRM View Post
As long as it makes sense, I love that kind of stuff. As much as I like the characters of the DCU, I'm a bigger fan of the DCU as a whole. It would be fun to see John Irons in a patriotic battle suit or Nate with a big-ass sledge hammer. Maybe the government steals Steel's battle suit plans and creates an army of Steel Soldiers? It could even be in a futuristic story like Kingdom Come.

Old October 18th, 2009   JRM is offline   #21
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

As long as it makes sense, I love that kind of stuff. As much as I like the characters of the DCU, I'm a bigger fan of the DCU as a whole. It would be fun to see John Irons in a patriotic battle suit or Nate with a big-ass sledge hammer. Maybe the government steals Steel's battle suit plans and creates an army of Steel Soldiers? It could even be in a futuristic story like Kingdom Come.
ddf
ggiandonato View Post
I guess we have totally tastes. Back when Roy and others started doing this in the late 70's and into the 80's it was interesting. Robinson's Starman took this thematic concept and developed it to its perfection. From this point onward it would just be running on the same old tred mill type of thing that DC is doing way too often now a days.

I'm not saying never - but make sure that it is both creative and novel and more importantly does not do any real thematic damage to either character being tied together.

Some of these are fun, some can be come very important but too often they just feel that worst of all things - forced.

Jim

The LSH ... RIP
Old October 18th, 2009   ggiandonato is offline   #22
ggiandonato
Master Geoffan

I guess we have totally [different] tastes.

Some of these are fun, some can become very important but too often they just feel that worst of all things - forced.
ddf
JRM View Post
I see what you're saying. I feel this way about the Hector Hall Dr. Fate. On the other hand, I loved it when Geoff's Star-Spangled Kid went with the Stargirl name.

Old October 18th, 2009   flashsuper is offline   #23
flashsuper
My real name is Mike

The originals short lived (5 issue) 80's book was entitled, STEEL - the Indestructible Man"

Jim
ddf
JRM View Post
And I've got them all.

Though I'm not sure why I'm smiling...

I have had a rebirth.
Old October 18th, 2009   KevinTBrown is offline   #24
KevinTBrown
My give a damn's busted

And I've got them all.

Though I'm not sure why I'm smiling...
ddf
flashsuper View Post
Because it was a decent series with some really good Don Heck art.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

KTB is right...
ddf
Mackaybear
Old October 18th, 2009   JRM is offline   #25
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

Because it was a decent series with some really good Don Heck art.
ddf
KevinTBrown View Post
Didn't it go 'Boom" with the DC "Implosion"? Not sure how it would have faired if DC didn't have to go through that slach and burn phase.

Jim

The LSH ... RIP
Old October 19th, 2009   .:Sr Martinz:. is offline   #26
.:Sr Martinz:.

Acutally Steel 1 is from the JLDetroit, John Henry Irons is Steel 2, So Natasha would be Steel 3. Commander Steel was originally know as just Steel so techincally he is Steel 1 and Natasha is number 4. Does it matter anymore since she has powers now and doesn't use the suit?

Holly is dead as of issue 2 of Blackest Night: Titans, which is vastly superior to either current Titans series.
ddf
Sentinel119 View Post
Thanks a lot !!!

BTW I hate Hatashaà Powers. The only stuff i liked from 52 was John`s powers and the Infinity Inc book, but when Natasha turned into gas... blasrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Natasha was waaaaaaaaay better as Steel beacuse her amrmor was very nice

.:Cogito Ergo Sum:.

.:ORBVERSE COMICS:.
A NEW CONCEPT ABOUT HEROES

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Sr Martinz
PSN ID: Sr_Martinz