The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Justice League

Old January 29th, 2010   RetroWarbird is offline   #33
RetroWarbird
Geoffan

Weird.

Not a god-awful issue. Donna got her stuff together and really was a good choice to "put the band together" - apparently her good will was infectious, because the recruitment drive went pretty quickly.

Spoilers for Cry For Justice aside, it's at least another step in the right direction.

If I get anything from those spoilers, I think it might be that Prometheus gets away next issue of CFJ, so for those of us hoping Ollie Queen catches up to him and goes outlaw on his ass, I think we'll be looking for the JL: Rise and Fall Special.

Nekron. Comic Con. Necronomicon.
GIVE ADVENTURE COMICS BACK TO AQUAMAN
Old January 29th, 2010   KonFan78 is offline   #34
KonFan78
Advanced Geoffan

Just read it and liked it. I love Bagley's art and it will only get better with each new issue he draws. It's great to see Donna get the spotlight this issue and hope she shines in this series.

Old January 30th, 2010   oddballuk is offline   #35
oddballuk
Dapper English Bloke

If I get anything from those spoilers, I think it might be that Prometheus gets away next issue of CFJ, so for those of us hoping Ollie Queen catches up to him and goes outlaw on his ass, I think we'll be looking for the JL: Rise and Fall Special.
ddf
RetroWarbird View Post
Yeah, I'm expecting Ollie to take Prometheus' life in that special.

In light of CFJ, it's the only act I can see him taking that'll put him on the run.

All things are possible here and I am what madness has made me. Whole and complete and free at last.
- Amadeus Arkham

My Movie Reviews
Old January 30th, 2010   >>Riz! is offline   #36
>>Riz!
Advanced Geoffan

That... or he kills somebody he thinks who might be Prometheus...

Old January 30th, 2010   oddballuk is offline   #37
oddballuk
Dapper English Bloke

ddf
>>Riz! View Post
Oooooo! Evil!

All things are possible here and I am what madness has made me. Whole and complete and free at last.
- Amadeus Arkham

My Movie Reviews
Old January 30th, 2010   JRM is offline   #38
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

ddf
>>Riz! View Post
I think in the end having something that gives the story an out - will be easier to resolve, rather than having Ollie kill an innocent. I really do hope that DC actually has a clear vision not just for the "arc" but more importantly what the franchise looks like at both the end as well as how the newly defined roles/develops over the longer haul

Jim

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old January 30th, 2010   >>Riz! is offline   #39
>>Riz!
Advanced Geoffan

I can't really see them taking the easy way out by killing Prometheus. They just showed us that the uncapable guy running around the last few years pretending to be Prometheus was a "sidekick" and brought back the bad-ass from Morrissons JLA. If they really kill him that would just be cheap. Why build up a character just to kill him off?

I expect Olli to hunt him, yeah. Trying to kill him... okay, that would be understandable. But a guy who is fast enough to take out several Justice League members at once being killed by an arrow? I don't know. He could duck energy beams... would be really stupid.

So I suspect that while hunting him down he kills somebody else, maybe even innocent bystanders or something like that.

Old January 31st, 2010   Neo God is offline   #40
Neo God
Geoffan

Hopefully Ollie hunts down and kills Prometheus after CFJ. It just has to happen in my opinion. This has potential to be a milestone in Green Arrow mythology.

This issue was pretty good. When was the last time Donna was written this well....Wolfman's Titans? Jiminez's Who is Donna Troy?

The art was alright...but it wasn't perfect. Hopefully it gets better. I think Donna and Kimiyo looked too similar.

I've been looking forward to this line-up. Sounds great!

Pull List: Action Comics, The Flash, Green Arrow, Superboy, Superman/Batman
Old January 31st, 2010   Greg Waite is offline   #41
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

That was a decent issue.

I'm a little surprised that Donna was the one who helped rebuild the JLofA but if this gets me to like her, I'm for it. (Haven't read anything with her in it before)

The Batman/Robin scenes were great stuff. Damian was awesome!

"If he's in it then so am I!!"

The finale was okay, it just felt a little crammed down my mouth.

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old January 31st, 2010   JRM is offline   #42
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

Picked it up, scanned through it, decided that it wasn't for me and put it back. By the pile left on Friday, I'd say this was the reaction of a lot at my comic shop.

Jim

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old February 1st, 2010   jafabian is offline   #43
jafabian
I’m not dead.

The Mark Bagley artwork alone got me to pick this up. And I'm admittedly intrigued at so many younger heroes getting a shot at the big team after being at the AAA level for so long.

I'm always interested in seeing a new roster, especially if its an interesting one. I compare this to Batman and Robin. You know Bruce will be back. Bruce is the only person who can be Batman but it sure is interesting to see Dick in the role.

Old February 2nd, 2010   the bug is offline   #44
the bug

I'm personally loving this issue. I like the concept of this team, though, I'm still just a tad leary of someone named Congorilla being in the league. But I'm sure he'll grow on me.

The only scene that seemed a little off, and I think it was mostly the art, was the one involving Guardian and Mon. And I think it was mostly guardian. He just felt different and I'm not sure why.

I'm liking the line up though, and I'm waiting to see how this pans out.

All sugar, and no play, makes Bart a ...ooooh shiny!
Old February 3rd, 2010   KonFan78 is offline   #45
KonFan78
Advanced Geoffan

I'm personally loving this issue. I like the concept of this team, though, I'm still just a tad leary of someone named Congorilla being in the league. But I'm sure he'll grow on me.

The only scene that seemed a little off, and I think it was mostly the art, was the one involving Guardian and Mon. And I think it was mostly guardian. He just felt different and I'm not sure why.

I'm liking the line up though, and I'm waiting to see how this pans out.
ddf
the bug View Post
Oh yeah I'm excited for this too, I love that the second generation is taking over the JLA for the time being. Can't wait to see how Mon-El jell's with the others, I'm gonna laugh if Mon and Kory start flirting while Dick scowls from the shadows

Old February 15th, 2010   KonFan78 is offline   #46
KonFan78
Advanced Geoffan

With Starfire headed over to REBELS, is she still going to be showing up here in JLA. Or is her stay on the JLA as short as her shorts

Old February 15th, 2010   virtuadept is offline   #47
virtuadept
bye.

I reallly liked it, this is the first time I've been excited to read JLA in years.

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.