The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Television, Movies and Animation

Television, Movies and Animation aka The Talkies!

Old April 30th, 2007   Jorge Martinez is offline   #1
Jorge Martinez
Advanced Geoffan

Default Twin Peaks The Second Season on DVD!

I've been waiting for this for years. Each time I would go to a Borders, Barnes, Best Buy, etc I'd always look for it. For the last 3 or 4 years.

Finally it's out to my surprise!!!

This may be my favorite TV show of all time. David Lynch is the coolest guy ever!

Old April 30th, 2007   Rider Pride is offline   #2
Rider Pride

After the rights issue was settled, I waited patiently as Paramount kept delaying the S2 set. I bought it the first day of its release and watched the entire series on DVD (my R0 pilot DVD is mediocre but sufficient until the Twin peaks: Complete Mystery set is released in the Fall).

The impact Twin Peaks had on TV was incredible: it proved that a TV series could look filmic and deal with an engrossing serialized storyline.

Old April 30th, 2007   sylpemberton is offline   #3
sylpemberton
A Ginger Horseman

Location: Wish I could say New York but no I'm stuck twelve hours North East by car...

They're doing a complete set? Tell me that they're doing the pilot separate...I'm one disc away from having it all - Fire Walk With Me included. I have to suffer through the European pilot on VHS for the first episode at the moment... * sigh *

I loved Twin Peaks. Loved it. Loved IT.

Old April 30th, 2007   Amentep is offline   #4
Amentep

I'm looking forward to the set, as S1 was released and out of print before I even bought a DVD player.

Old April 30th, 2007   mlennon is offline   #5
mlennon

Almost sixteen years since it aired, and the final scene of the last episode is still burned into my memory. One of the greatest TV shows of all time. I can only imagine what season three would have been like...

Old April 30th, 2007   Rider Pride is offline   #6
Rider Pride

tvshowsondvd.com reported that Paramount plans to release both seasons, including the original pilot, plus the likelihood of additional special features (as the S2 set was light in extras) in one set in the Fall, possibly by November. I used to own the European version of the pilot on VHS for years until I bought the Region 0 Pilot disc--the A/V isn't as good as the DVD season sets, but it's the best to be found on DVD currently.

The French company that owns the rights to all the deleted scenes from FWWM is currently negotiating with David Lynch to release a special edition of the film. Since there are many deleted scenes, featuring some of the TV characters who were cut out of the film, a new edition would truly complete Twin Peaks.

Old May 1st, 2007   Jorge Martinez is offline   #7
Jorge Martinez
Advanced Geoffan

I agree this is one of the best things ever on TV. I was in high school when it came out and just saw a few of them. My wife on the other hand was a big fan and we bought season 1. I was blown away. Season 2 still blowing me away. I bought the film Fire Walk With Me last year. Nice bare scene.

I'm a big fan of David Lynch. Mulholland Dr. rocks!

Old May 1st, 2007   magicspoon is offline   #8
magicspoon
Eye See You

Almost sixteen years since it aired, and the final scene of the last episode is still burned into my memory. One of the greatest TV shows of all time. I can only imagine what season three would have been like...
ddf
mlennon View Post

hell yes. I remember reading that the plan for season 3 was to go into the other side and retrieve cooper.

"Habagase, Get in the Room!"
http://www.harmoniousgrid.com/
Old May 2nd, 2007   Paul_King is offline   #9
Paul_King
Make Mine Marvel Cosmic!

I would want the whole thing in one sitting.

I think Lynch is kind of off. But his movies and Twin Peaks are amazing!

Big fan of Twin Peaks.

OR - RE - GON!

"You wrote 'The world doesn't need a Savior' but everyday I hear people crying for one." - Superman Returns
Old May 2nd, 2007   BlackTornado is offline   #10
BlackTornado
Dazed and Confused

How many seasons did the show run for?

Fiona Glenanne: Honestly, I don't know why they bother. They should just put a bullet in your head and be done with it
Old May 2nd, 2007   Rider Pride is offline   #11
Rider Pride

Just two seasons: season 1 was a midseason placement of 7 episodes and season 2 was a full 22 episodes.