The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > The Comic Shop: Creators

The Comic Shop: Creators but wait, there's more!

Old July 6th, 2006   BART ALLEN is offline   #1
BART ALLEN
pre 52 and proud of it

Default Ok Gail Is #1

Forget Wizards poll I would like to say according to me, Gail Simone is the #1 writer in comics today, between ALL NEW ATOM, BIRDS of PREY, and SECRET SIX, she can do no wrong.

one question i would love to know is how much of this is based on ideas from Grant Morrison and how much is ALL GAIL ? I guess right now she can not tell us with out spoiling stuff , but maybe around issue 12 , she will be kind enough to tell us.

Now come the big challenge can Gail get me to like Gen 13, character i can not stand from ealier apperences, if she can do that she really is the greatest comic writer going today

Looking for the light in a land of forever night
Old July 6th, 2006   B_n_L is offline   #2
B_n_L
Neo Geoffan

Hear, hear. I recently picked up all of Gail's BoP issues after reading and enjoying Villains United so much. She is clearly one of, if not the most, valueable assets DC has. She brings together all the important elements of effective storytelling. I only wish she'd written Infinite Crisis as well, it would have been about 10 times better.

Old July 6th, 2006   Torch Bearer is offline   #3
Torch Bearer
Geoffan

Gail's always numero uno in my book. BoP is my fave book but Secret Six (which should be an ongoin IMHO) is coming in at a close second. I love the use of quotations in the All New Atom, I feel as though reading it makes me feel smarter, now if they just had Ryan Choi's science corner like Bill Nye The Science Guy would rock, but I digress.

Kudos to you Gail, and keep up the good work.