The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old November 30th, 2012   Scott Mateo is offline   #1
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Default DC Creative Changes In The Next Few Months

Will Gail Simone Leave Batgirl?

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old November 30th, 2012   Alan is offline   #2
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

Paul Johnson hasn't been writing Dark Knight for months. it would be a shame if Greg Horwitz goes as he has been excellent.

BOP is getting duller so a change there isn't a disaster, Hawkman needs something new that works.

I'd miss Gail on Batgirl though, and REALLY hope nothing changes on Flash. That's too good to break up.

Not that bothered about a one month event but it certainly sounds like they could have canvassed it better if the story has legs.

Old November 30th, 2012   BrandonFordDodds is offline   #3
BrandonFordDodds
Geoffan

Villains month?

Didn't DC do that not too long ago?

Meh.

In new DCU, taco eats you. -Hernandez Didio
Old December 1st, 2012   mego joe is offline   #4
mego joe
Geoffan

Hating it if Snyder leaves Swamp Thing. Nothing on the rest of that list will bother me if there is a change.

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old December 1st, 2012   JRM is offline   #5
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

If Flash is actually on the "real" list that actually happens - and it is ordered from above, or caused by editorial's treatment of the talent - it would have to be one of the dumber moves that DCEditorial could make. This is a book that, when it started, I really wanted to dislike (just on principle), but due to the execution by the creative team in general, I just couldn't- it was just too good to ignore - and I did start to pick it up. I really do hope that this bit of rumour is wrong, if not a true face-plant-in-palm moment.

Jim

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old December 1st, 2012   mmk123 is offline   #6
mmk123
Geoffan

If the writer and/or artist is not working out on the book, then by all means switch either or both. However, do not do change for the sake of change. I think that Gail Simone is knocking it out of the park with Batgirl. She is very passionate about the character and it shows a great deal. I do not read Flash but I have read nothing but great things about Francis's work on the title. The are books that DC should just leave alone. No one is taking Geoff off of Green Lantern or Scott Snyder off of Batman and they have been working on those characters for a few years. I understand the whole "let's switch teams to increase sales" but how often does that actually work. Sometimes things go well but other times it is the death knell for the book

Old December 1st, 2012   BART ALLEN is offline   #7
BART ALLEN
pre 52 and proud of it

and some how the writer of Phantom Stranger still has a job

Looking for the light in a land of forever night
Old December 1st, 2012   Scott Mateo is offline   #8
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Would You Have Bought Gail Simone’s Deathstroke?

Old December 1st, 2012   BART ALLEN is offline   #9
BART ALLEN
pre 52 and proud of it

WHat is Gail writing then?

Is she leaving DC?
first causalty of new 52
makes one wonder what is dc thinking
or if they have brains at all?

Looking for the light in a land of forever night
Old December 1st, 2012   xBarryxAllenx is offline   #10
xBarryxAllenx

Let's talk Batgirl and Flash:

These are my top two books right now. Period.

Given my handle you know I love The Flash, and have for decades. Manapul and Buccellato have proven themselves as writers, and have produced one of the best comics that have come out in years. Allowing them to continue thus far as a creative team has allowed them to plant seeds in early issues that are just now coming to fruition, and it makes a definite difference in the quality of tales they are telling. If this were to come to an end it would be truly sad. This team is truly top notch, and The Flash is an amazing comic with them at the helm.

As for Batgirl with Gail Simone - I would buy the adventures of Ma Hunkel if Gail were writing the stories. Gail gives a voice to her characters that few other writers can touch. And, her connection to Barbara Gordon allowed what could have been a disastrous return to the Batgirl identity to become a triumph of storytelling. Gail is one of the best writers I've read in the 45+ years I've been collecting comics, and if she leaves Batgirl I will be very sad for Barbara Gordon...and anxious to buy whatever Gail goes to next.

Of course, this is all still speculation...But I have a feeling we'll know much more before long...

Long time Flash fan - you can find me here and at The Fastest Forum Alive! or at my blog Barry Allen's Comics and More
Old December 1st, 2012   Mackaybear is offline   #11
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

Let's talk Batgirl and Flash:

These are my top two books right now. Period.

Given my handle you know I love The Flash, and have for decades. Manapul and Buccellato have proven themselves as writers, and have produced one of the best comics that have come out in years. Allowing them to continue thus far as a creative team has allowed them to plant seeds in early issues that are just now coming to fruition, and it makes a definite difference in the quality of tales they are telling. If this were to come to an end it would be truly sad. This team is truly top notch, and The Flash is an amazing comic with them at the helm.

As for Batgirl with Gail Simone - I would buy the adventures of Ma Hunkel if Gail were writing the stories. Gail gives a voice to her characters that few other writers can touch. And, her connection to Barbara Gordon allowed what could have been a disastrous return to the Batgirl identity to become a triumph of storytelling. Gail is one of the best writers I've read in the 45+ years I've been collecting comics, and if she leaves Batgirl I will be very sad for Barbara Gordon...and anxious to buy whatever Gail goes to next.

Of course, this is all still speculation...But I have a feeling we'll know much more before long...
ddf
xBarryxAllenx View Post
;
I agree with you completely. I got the second season of Batman; The Brave and the Bold for my birthday and I've spent the last day or two going through it. 'The Mask of Matches Malone' featuring the Birds of Pray, Gail wrote it , and I was so impressed with it. She can get a handle on almost any character and she's got a talent for writing good stories that get the most out of her characters.

Francis and Brian have done an amazing job building up Barry's book into one of the strongest books of the nu52. If they leave I probably will too, unless the new writer has a good approach to Barry Allen.

I may be old and crippled, but I ain't dead yet.
Old December 2nd, 2012   KonFan78 is offline   #12
KonFan78
Advanced Geoffan

I'd like to see Gail take over Teen Titans, I want to see what she would do with Cassie and Kiran.

Old December 2nd, 2012   J-Liv is offline   #13
J-Liv
Frappuccino Jedi

I would hate to see the current creative team on Flash change. It takes a very special voice to make Barry interesting, and those guys have it.

I'm torn with Batgirl. I've been greatly enjoying the book, but I've been enjoying it DESPITE Gail's writing. Gail has good story ideas, but I don't think I've EVER read a single line of dialogue that she's written for any book that sounded even remotely like something any real human would ever say. I wouldn't be terribly sad to see a different writer take over. Maybe have Gail do plots and somebody else do the script. That WOULD be a good read.

Old December 2nd, 2012   Scott Mateo is offline   #14
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Gail Simone Denies Leaving Batgirl

Old December 3rd, 2012   Outside_85 is offline   #15
Outside_85
persona non grata

Brian Booch denies that he and Francis are leaving the Flash.
Bottom of this page

Old December 3rd, 2012   Mackaybear is offline   #16
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

I would hate to see the current creative team on Flash change. It takes a very special voice to make Barry interesting, and those guys have it.

I'm torn with Batgirl. I've been greatly enjoying the book, but I've been enjoying it DESPITE Gail's writing. Gail has good story ideas, but I don't think I've EVER read a single line of dialogue that she's written for any book that sounded even remotely like something any real human would ever say. I wouldn't be terribly sad to see a different writer take over. Maybe have Gail do plots and somebody else do the script. That WOULD be a good read.
ddf
J-Liv View Post
I feel that way everytime I read a book written by Bendis.

I may be old and crippled, but I ain't dead yet.