The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old May 14th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Arrow DC Comics solicits for August 2013

From CBR: DC Comics Solicitations for August, 2013

Well, that's an interesting tidbit in the GL solicit. And in Flash that's not the Reverse-Flash I grew up with.

Old May 14th, 2013   clarkent1982 is offline   #2
clarkent1982*
Citizen

WONDER WOMAN #23
Written by Brian Azzarello, art and cover by Cliff Chiang.

DIAL H #15
Written by China Mieville, art by Alberto Ponticelli and Dan Green, cover by Brian Bolland.

ALL-STAR WESTERN #23
Written by Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti, art by Moritat and Staz Johnson, cover by Howard Porter.

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #4
Written by Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Tom DeFaclo and Rob Williams, art by Wes Craig, Pete Woods and Chris Weston, cover by Bruce Timm.

AMERICAN VAMPIRE ANTHOLOGY #1
Written by Scott Snyder, Jeff Lemire, Greg Rucka, Gail Simone, Gabriel Ba, Fabio Moon and others, art by Becky Cloonan, Rafael Albuquerque, Jeff Lemire, Gabriel Ba, Fabio Moon, Francesco Francavilla, Declan Shalvey and others, cover by Rafael Albuquerque.

TRILLIUM #1
Written, art and covers by Jeff Lemire.

100 BULLETS: BROTHER LONO #3
Written by Brian Azzarello, art by Eduardo Risso, cover by Dave Johnson.

ASTRO CITY #3
Written by Kurt Busiek, art by Brent Anderson, cover by Alex Ross.

COLLIDER #2
Written by Simon Oliver, art by Robbi Rodriguez, cover by Nathan Fox.

DJANGO UNCHAINED #7
Based on the screenplay by Quentin Tarantino, adapted by Reginald Hudlin, art by R.M. Guera and Jason Latour, cover by Alex Ross.

THE UNWRITTEN #52
Written by Mike Carey, art by Peter Gross and Mark Buckingham, cover by Yuko Shimizu.

Those are my picks.

Newsarama journalists ask these questions to Joe Q and Dan Buckley: Why place a $3.99 price tag for only 22 page of materiel?
Old May 14th, 2013   Sp33df0rc3 is offline   #3
Sp33df0rc3
Dark Lord of Lumberjacks

From CBR: DC Comics Solicitations for August, 2013

Well, that's an interesting tidbit in the GL solicit. And in Flash that's not the Reverse-Flash I grew up with.
ddf
jafabian View Post
It's the same story though: reverse-flash appears, is a greater power than the flash, threatens Iris....

I'm still torn on the new Reverse Flash. He looks cool, but he's so far removed from the Reverse Flash I wish they'd give him a new name. In the spirit of reboots, he's not bad, just that the old Reverse Flash was so much better.

Check out Pulpline Magazine for original prose content! Submissions welcome!
Old May 14th, 2013   Mark MacMillan is offline   #4
Mark MacMillan
Destroyer of Worlds

It's the same story though: reverse-flash appears, is a greater power than the flash, threatens Iris....

I'm still torn on the new Reverse Flash. He looks cool, but he's so far removed from the Reverse Flash I wish they'd give him a new name. In the spirit of reboots, he's not bad, just that the old Reverse Flash was so much better.
ddf
Sp33df0rc3 View Post
I agree, but then again, if they didn't do anything different/new with these characters and concepts what would be the point of the whole Nu52 thing?

Who knows? Maybe the new RF might turn out to be cool, even if he is different from the previous versions.

*Fingers crossed*

Galactus ain't got $#!& on me!

"Gangsta Rap MADE me do it" - Ice Cube