The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old January 22nd, 2016   Whealer is offline   #1
Whealer
Multiverse refugee

Default Legend of Wonder Woman

I am impressed by this new telling of Diana's "origin": the story is interesting enough and the art is simply stunning. Strangely my favorite WW ever is the Azarello/Chang series which could not be more different from this one. This just shows the great potential the concept WW possesses. For the record I am leaving the current WW solo title alone as just not for me. I think this creative team wants to continue and they have my vote for more of the same. Anyone else checking this out? Thoughts?

Don't tase me, bro.
Old January 22nd, 2016   ronaldj is offline   #2
ronaldj
Supreme Geoffan

I was reading the original WW, dropped it for awhile and picked it backup because of Finich, love his art. my comic shop put #1 of the new WW in my box but I have not read it yet....but flipping through it the art is great

One day I'll be done with this, but for now, once more into the fray. Thom
Old January 22nd, 2016   starks is offline   #3
starks
Geoffan

Being nine issues, I'll probably wait for it to be collected.

Old January 22nd, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #4
[email protected]
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

Loving this new version, and also sad that the continuity is off slightly from the nu52 version (such that it can't be considered the origin for the regular book).

example: caucasion Etta in the Legends version.

Nevertheless it is way past time for an updated origin, and I love the feel of the Legends version.

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old March 4th, 2016   Whealer is offline   #5
Whealer
Multiverse refugee

The story is moving a little slowly but it is so well done I don't care. The art is perfect for the story. Not once have I had to try to decipher the lettering due to the colorist getting carried away. That last is impressive as the opposite is a particular pet peeve of mine and almost every comic manages to have panels I have difficulty reading. If and when this gets collected in a single volume I will have it on my bookshelf.

Don't tase me, bro.
Old March 4th, 2016   mego joe is offline   #6
mego joe
Geoffan

I am liking this too. It doesn't bother me that it's different from the Nu 52 version. it's more of an expanded version of the classic take with a backstory of political intrigue.

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old March 4th, 2016   Astro@work is offline   #7
[email protected]
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

I am liking this too. It doesn't bother me that it's different from the Nu 52 version. it's more of an expanded version of the classic take with a backstory of political intrigue.
ddf
mego joe View Post
I have to say it's the first time since COIE that somebody has gotten the "feel" of a Diana origin story right.

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old March 4th, 2016   kipster is offline   #8
kipster
Super Hero Support

I'm really enjoying this so far. There have been so many changes at DC ove the past few years, changes/glitches/inconsistencies in continuity doesn't bother me any more.

"We pursue that which retreats from us"