The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old October 21st, 2014   Troubleshooter is offline   #33
Troubleshooter

AHHHHH!!! Now, Marvel has announced Infinity Gauntlet for Summer 2015! What in the world is going on?

"The avalanche has started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Old October 21st, 2014   Penny Dreadful is offline   #34
Penny Dreadful
At times dark, never grim

Infinity Gauntlet AND Secret Wars? In one year? Does that mean Heroes Reborn is coming up in 2016?

On a long, extended break from massive comic-book events.
Old October 21st, 2014   Amentep is offline   #35
Amentep

With Secret Wars being about (seemingly) alternate universes, I wonder if these will be spin-offs (one shots) dealing with worlds coming from different points in time.

Old October 22nd, 2014   superfriend is offline   #36
superfriend
laughs at comics

observe everything, admire nothing
Old October 23rd, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #37
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Supposition:

Secret Wars is coming. We're seeing a lot of different alternate universes and timelines teased. Secret Wars will comprise characters from different timelines and universes.

I LOVE, LOVE the original Secret Wars. I hope Hickman's Secret Wars can at least be as great as the original.

Old November 6th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #38
Amentep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL_Uc8-iM1w

Marvel's video about how the teasers make up the new Battleworld.

Old November 6th, 2014   Troubleshooter is offline   #39
Troubleshooter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL_Uc8-iM1w

Marvel's video about how the teasers make up the new Battleworld.
ddf
Amentep View Post
So, Battleworld is some kind of amalgamation of different universes? And this happens AFTER Time Runs Out and the final incursion? Interesting. I smell a Crisis...

Old November 6th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #40
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Ellis Pyle goes to Vertigo

Old December 18th, 2014   uglyspecies is offline   #41
uglyspecies
persona non grata

Default Matchups Marvel vs DC Comics

Matchups Marvel vs DC Comics

1. GOGETA SSJ4 vs THE PRESENCE vs ONE ABOVE ALL
2. SUPERMAN vs GLADIATOR
3. SUPERMAN STEEL vs SENTRY
4. SUPERBOY vs HYPERION
5. GALACTUS vs ANTI-MONITOR
6. THANOS vs DARKSEID
7. (DC) CAPTAIN MARVEL vs (MARVEL) CAPTAIN MARVEL vs CAPTAIN BARBELL
8. WONDER WOMAN vs MS. MARVEL vs DARNA
9. MARTIAN MANHUNTER vs PICOLLO
10. HULK vs DOOMSDAY
11. GREEN LANTERN vs NOVA
12. DR. STRANGE vs DR. FATE
13. FLASH vs QUICK SILVER
14. HUMAN TORCH vs FIRESTORM
15. SANDMAN vs CLAYFACE
16. VISION vs RED TORNADO
17. HAWKMAN vs ARCHANGEL
18. BRAINIAC vs APOCALYPSE
19. IRON MAN vs BATMAN
20. MR. FANTASTIC vs PLASTIC MAN vs LASTIKMAN vs LUFFY
21. CAPTAIN AMERICA vs GUARDIAN
22. WOLVERINE vs LOBO
23. AQUAMAN vs NAMOR
24. ANTMAN vs ATOM
25. KILLER CROC vs LIZARD MAN
26. GREEN ARROW vs HAWKEYE vs USOPP
27. DEADPOOL vs DEATHSTROKE
28. BULLSEYE vs DEADSHOT
29. BEAST vs GORILLA GRODD
30. CATWOMAN vs BLACK CAT
31. BUCKY vs NIGHTWING
32. BLACK CANARY vs BLACK WIDOW
33. CYBORG vs CABLE
34. ORION vs STAR-LORD
35. (Marvel) Spider-Man vs (DC) Spiderman

Who do you think is the most powerful on the whole universe?

Please check my list on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd8a6mqPJp8

Old December 18th, 2014   Danny Perkins is offline   #42
Danny Perkins
Snake Baby Food-Pawn 812

I've found reading the Avengers books during and since Age of Ultron to be a total chore. They are so freaking confusing with all the time stuff going on. I will continue to read all of this and only because I have Marvel Unlimited so it doesn't cost me anythign to do so. That being said this is shaping up to be a disaster.

If you weren't expecting this to be good, then you need to go and read a bunch of Greg Rucka comics. - MattDiCarlo
Old December 18th, 2014   TJLamb0518 is offline   #43
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

I've found reading the Avengers books during and since Age of Ultron to be a total chore. They are so freaking confusing with all the time stuff going on. I will continue to read all of this and only because I have Marvel Unlimited so it doesn't cost me anythign to do so. That being said this is shaping up to be a disaster.
ddf
Danny Perkins View Post
Cannot possibly agree more. And with this lineup of Avengers, they are so divorced from actual superheroing, it's ...not interesting (seriously. Picture the Masters of Evil rearing their heads now with Odinson,, the Hulk, Iron Man, Hyperion, Starbrand and all these other Avengers running around).

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old December 18th, 2014   Alan is offline   #44
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

Yup. I have issues piling up that I can't face reading. I should just do what you have done Danny and just read them on MU like I have done with almost every other Marvel title apart from the Bendis X titles. Can't remember the last time I read one but I don't think it was this year....and yes, I have both Avengers and New Avengers sat there. Hickman is way too convoluted for me.

Old December 18th, 2014   Troubleshooter is offline   #45
Troubleshooter

I've stuck with just Avengers, New Avengers, and Amazing Spider-Man for a while now. Plus Spider-Verse, because it's so much fun. It's all I can mentally handle, at this point. I didn't go anywhere near AOU or Axis.

I've been thinking about this carefully, and I think Hickman is tying all of the titles to the Maker/Beyonder/Kosmos, who supposedly died when the Kyln was destroyed. Remember, Molecule Man was expelled from the cosmic cube that he and the Beyonder combined to create. The Mapmakers have the same energy signature as Molecule Man, and so, by extension, the Beyonder.

The Beyonder has proven capable of becoming an entire universe, and was very upset that he was not the totality of the universe.

Assuming that the Beyonder (or Maker) was freed when the Kyln was destroyed during Annihiation, it could be that all of "incursions" are the Beyonder's handiwork. The ultimate secret war. And those realities left over fight it out on the new Battleworld.

Old December 19th, 2014   Danny Perkins is offline   #46
Danny Perkins
Snake Baby Food-Pawn 812

Yup. I have issues piling up that I can't face reading. I should just do what you have done Danny and just read them on MU like I have done with almost every other Marvel title apart from the Bendis X titles. Can't remember the last time I read one but I don't think it was this year....and yes, I have both Avengers and New Avengers sat there. Hickman is way too convoluted for me.
ddf
Alan View Post
I would say I read about 50 titles on MU. It is the best thing that ever happened to me. I paid the annual subscription and it is very cheap. I basically consider it free (because $5 a month is something my 8 year old could afford). For some insane reason I continue to buy Silver Surfer, Daredevil and Thor in print. I was also buying Iron Man but canned it when they ended the most recent version in favor of a superior one. I will just add that to my MU pull list.

If you weren't expecting this to be good, then you need to go and read a bunch of Greg Rucka comics. - MattDiCarlo
Old January 12th, 2015   Danny Perkins is offline   #47
Danny Perkins
Snake Baby Food-Pawn 812

By the way, still not enjoying Avengers at all (any of them). Its like its trying to be connected across books, but I sure can't figure out what is going on. I know I always mocked the heck out of Marvel for their little boxes with * that would say something like *"happened in Avengers #19" or the like. I read stories now and I constantly am not sure if I should know something, if it happened recently in something I read, or something I didn't read or if it happened in 1964 and was written by Stan Lee. I know they stopped doing it because people didn't like it, but I would really like them to bring it back. Especially with Marvel Unlimited as I can just click twice and actually read the book being referenced if I want to.

Old January 16th, 2015   Hannah is offline   #48
Hannah*
Floyd Girl

I just wish they would number the storyline on the covers like the Superman comics did back in the 90's or so. It would be so much easier if the readers had some idea what order to read things.

`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'