The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old July 11th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Arrow The Inhumans to return December 2013 in new series

From Superherohype: Marvel's Inhumans Being Revived This December in New Series

Old July 11th, 2013   Penny Dreadful is offline   #2
Penny Dreadful
At times dark, never grim

I love the Inhumans. I loved the Jenkins/Lee Inhumans maxi-series. I'm so glad that the Inhumans are getting the spotlight they deserve. And Matt Fraction is writing the book. I am so there!

On a long, extended break from massive comic-book events.
Old July 11th, 2013   TJLamb0518 is offline   #3
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Sigh....here we go again. Someone else trying to breathe life in Kirby Kreations and the same (if not diminishing) fanbase will buy the 10 issues that get published until this series too is laid low for 4 years until the next writer with a "new innovative take to pay homage to the King" comes along.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old July 11th, 2013   chrisbenes is offline   #4
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

Sigh....here we go again. Someone else trying to breathe life in Kirby Kreations and the same (if not diminishing) fanbase will buy the 10 issues that get published until this series too is laid low for 4 years until the next writer with a "new innovative take to pay homage to the King" comes along.
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
well golly gee we all should be Happy, Happy, Happy that we at least get to see characters created by an industry Icon even if it's for a short period of time.

This is similar to the Twinkie.....same outer shell but the cream is stuffed by a new person/company....but in the end...it's still the same great tasting twinkie/Inhumans we've loved for years

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old July 11th, 2013   manwithnoname is offline   #5
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

I love the Inhumans. I loved the Jenkins/Lee Inhumans maxi-series. I'm so glad that the Inhumans are getting the spotlight they deserve. And Matt Fraction is writing the book. I am so there!
ddf
Penny Dreadful View Post
Jenkins/Lee Inhumans made me a fan.

Old July 11th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #6
jafabian
Iím not dead.

ddf
Penny Dreadful View Post

The Inhumans are the original Astro City IMHO.

Old July 11th, 2013   Amentep is offline   #7
Amentep

ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
To be honest, this "breathe life" seems to be dictated by what they wanted to do in the Marvel movie-verse (make the Inhumans their X-Men since they don't have the X-Men License). Its also very similar to what Alex Ross had happen in Earth-X on the surface...

That said I do like the Inhumans and some of Matt Fraction's work so I'm willing to give it a shot. But I don't think this is actually the best way to use this property.

Old July 14th, 2013   Peter Bardyn is offline   #8
Peter Bardyn
7 Star General

Last thing I read featuring Inhumans was the whole Realm Of Kings event from the cosmic side of things. I know Hickman did some stuff with them since in the pages of Fantastic Four but I'm waiting on the omnibus to read it; interested to find out how they extricated themselves from that whole "ruling the Kree empire" deal and got to where they are in this new series.

Old May 31st, 2014   Elias is offline   #9
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

Bleeding Cool:
Inhuman #3 Slips Five Weeks To July

Bleeding Cool:
Welcome To Marvelís NuhumansÖ Could That Be The Movie Name?

Old May 31st, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #10
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Finally going to pick up comics at LCS Monday. Looking forward to not seeing Joe Mad's art. Hope whomever is lined up next is a better storyteller.

I'm not sure how many issues I'm giving this since I like the inhumans a lot.

Old May 31st, 2014   Hierarch555 is offline   #11
Hierarch555
Master Geoffan

Issue one was kind of a letdown for me but I really enjoyed #2. I'm not liking the main character so much but I liked his interaction with Gorgon (who is awesomely drawn by Mad) about Metal music. I am also enjoying Medusa's characterization though I wish they would redesign her costume. I'm kind of sad Mad is leaving especially since I'm not huge on Stegman but it makes sense.

Superman: "You can't predict the outcome of every action. You can't stop every injustice simultaneously. But you have to try, don't you?"
Old June 2nd, 2014   Amentep is offline   #12
Amentep

I'm a fan of the characters, so I'm willing to see what Soule is cooking up. I liked the 1st issue for its set-up, but I can honestly see where others wouldn't have been as impressed (and I think they missed some interesting potential in the story).

Old June 23rd, 2014   Amentep is offline   #13
Amentep

Second issue was still a mixed bag; the transitions between all the story elements felt a little clunky. Still enjoying it myself as a big Inhumans fan, but can see where others would probably be less impressed.

Am curious to see if this new guy knows anything he claims he does (I'm suspecting no, at this point).

Old July 18th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #14
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Second issue was still a mixed bag; the transitions between all the story elements felt a little clunky. Still enjoying it myself as a big Inhumans fan, but can see where others would probably be less impressed.

Am curious to see if this new guy knows anything he claims he does (I'm suspecting no, at this point).
ddf
Amentep View Post
I attribute the clunkiness in storytelling to Joe and not Charles. Joe's storytelling has always been weak.

CBR today has a preview of Inhumans #3. #3!!! Marvel solicited this title way too early, especially with an artist that has a poor work ethic. (Joe Mad said in an interview in Wizard magazine many, many years ago why he's so slow on artwork: he plays too many hours of video games.)

Also, Charles Soule took over Inhumans from Fraction at the last minute. Fraction wrote #1 and Soule wrote #2.

Old September 8th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #15
Amentep

I think #3 and #4 begin to pick things up a good deal, storywise. I feel like the characters are coming together better and the factions are a bit clearer.

And implications of a bigger threat on its way.

Old September 12th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #16
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Read #3-5 in one day.

When Stegman starts on art the story isn't so clunky anymore. Bye, Joe!

I like to read this now that Joe Mad is gone. Stegman is a good artist and has good storytelling skills. He keeps getting better, too. (I think) He started on Scarlet Spider, and has shown tremendous growth in a short period.