The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > The Comic Shop: Creators

The Comic Shop: Creators but wait, there's more!

Old August 2nd, 2005   Infernorhythm is offline   #1
Infernorhythm
Aspiring Writer

Default It's Obvious About Mockingbird... *possible spoilers*

Mockingbird is Hush. Hush is the ultimate manipulator. And I'm not talking about "Hush" from Gotham Knights, I'm talking about the real one from the Batman issues. While I still say Hush's identity is unknown, could be guy or girl, Gail seems to have Mockingbird down similar to Hush. Both are manipulative, moving the villains into position for most likely their own gain, and both are uber mysterious. Besides, who is in the SSoSV? Prometheus. And who does he serve?

Plus, let's not forget the rhyme that gave Hush his/her name:

"Hush little baby, don't say a word. Mama's going to buy you a mockingbird."

Old August 2nd, 2005   Ralph Malph is offline   #2
Ralph Malph
Supporters

Mockingbird is Hush. Hush is the ultimate manipulator. And I'm not talking about "Hush" from Gotham Knights, I'm talking about the real one from the Batman issues. While I still say Hush's identity is unknown, could be guy or girl, Gail seems to have Mockingbird down similar to Hush. Both are manipulative, moving the villains into position for most likely their own gain, and both are uber mysterious. Besides, who is in the SSoSV? Prometheus. And who does he serve?

Plus, let's not forget the rhyme that gave Hush his/her name:

"Hush little baby, don't say a word. Mama's going to buy you a mockingbird."
ddf
Infernorhythm
wow....this makes sense.

- A priest, rabbi, and duck walk into a bar and the bartendar says, "What is this, some kind of joke"
Old August 2nd, 2005   Sp33df0rc3 is offline   #3
Sp33df0rc3
Dark Lord of Lumberjacks

that is an interesting theory!

it would certainly make Hush the threat he is meant to be.

Check out Pulpline Magazine for original prose content! Submissions welcome!
Old August 2nd, 2005   Velocity9 is offline   #4
Velocity9
Power Cosmic Horseman

That would be sweet, that would again make Hush like the coolest Villain in DC. Unfortunatley, i don't think it holds water, in Gotham Knights Hush seems to want nothing to do with Luthor and his society, and in Catwoman he seems interested in keeping those guys out... To a degree.

But uit could all be a ruse, we know for certain that Jason Todd was at one point Hush, and Tommy Elliot was too, but Jason is The Red Hood now and Tommy was shown to not be the current Hush, So Mockingbird could be real Hush all along, all the while also being Mockingbird.

Hey, what if Jason Todd was Hush, The Red Hood and Mockingbird all at once?

Will fight The Amish for money.
Old August 2nd, 2005   Bizarro #98 is offline   #5
Bizarro #98
Supreme Geoffan

If Hush turns out to be Mockingbird, I think the Ruin storyline in Adventures of Superman is going to be much more important to Infinite Crisis than it seems.

Old August 2nd, 2005   Cousin Cory Springhorn is offline   #6
Cousin Cory Springhorn
Advanced Geoffan

That would be sweet, that would again make Hush like the coolest Villain in DC. Unfortunatley, i don't think it holds water, in Gotham Knights Hush seems to want nothing to do with Luthor and his society, and in Catwoman he seems interested in keeping those guys out... To a degree.
ddf
Velocity9
But doesn't that actually lend credence to this theory? Hush wants nothing to do with Luthor and his society... if we take Mockingbird at his word, neither does he.

Old August 2nd, 2005   Velocity9 is offline   #7
Velocity9
Power Cosmic Horseman

But doesn't that actually lend credence to this theory? Hush wants nothing to do with Luthor and his society... if we take Mockingbird at his word, neither does he.
ddf
Cousin Cory Springhorn

This is true, but he seems to be wanting to keep his distance, then again, it could be a front and that also could be a fake Hush.

Will fight The Amish for money.
Old August 2nd, 2005   Rion1986 is offline   #8
Rion1986
persona non grata

Also, I think it's key that the Society's secret headquarters is in Gotham City. And interestingly, near the Hill, which is only protected by Onyx. And this all happened because of War Games.....and in a few issues of War Games, several groups of people mysteriously vanished...

Also, Hellhound (Kai) died in War Games, but now there's a new Hellhound...

Old August 2nd, 2005   Crapgame13 is offline   #9
Crapgame13
Geoffan

Yeah but why would Hush want to go head to head with the Society?

He has a mad on for Batman, not the other villains.

Old August 2nd, 2005   TheShade is offline   #10
TheShade
Geoffan

But uit could all be a ruse, we know for certain that Jason Todd was at one point Hush, and Tommy Elliot was too, but Jason is The Red Hood now and Tommy was shown to not be the current Hush, So Mockingbird could be real Hush all along, all the while also being Mockingbird.
ddf
Velocity9
I don't think Jason Todd was ever revealed to be Hush. The only thing I remember was that Jason did fight Batman in the cemetary, but never said he was Hush.

- Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building.
Old August 2nd, 2005   Swift is offline   #11
Swift

There's still too much mystery behind who Hush really is to be revealing Hush as somebody else, in my opinion. It's one thing to dog the Batman (he's got dozens of Rogues hounding him constantly), but to step up against Luthor and the assembled might of Earth's supervillians? And why? I don't see how this meshes with his current strategies in the Bat-books.

Like others, I feel there's a solid chance that Hush is Todd. You want to talk about manipulation, Jason learned from the best; Batman himself. He writes contingency plans (much like the failed plan used in War Games) for fun, where he pits dozens of organized crime families against eachother to unite them under his rule (by proxy).

Old August 2nd, 2005   starks is offline   #12
starks
Geoffan

Mockingbird is The Joker.

Old August 2nd, 2005   bistmbgxtc is offline   #13
bistmbgxtc

Mocking Bird is either Sivana or Vandal Savage

Old August 2nd, 2005   D_rock is offline   #14
D_rock
Oh my G!

I'm doubting that it's Hush, and it certainely doesn't seem obvious to me.

Amanda Waller seems like a decent choice to me, but it could be anybody with the right connections.

"Like Sea Monkies?"
"Yes. Just like Sea Monkies."
Old August 4th, 2005   Teekoness is offline   #15
Teekoness

I think it's almost certainly someone we've seen already in Villains United or someone who's so well known that everyone will recognize in a glance like the Joker. I'm leaning towards the former.

My bet is Cheshire or Luthor.

Old August 4th, 2005   hawkman91 is offline   #16
hawkman91
Advanced Geoffan

Actually Mockingbird has been a mysterious character from the 70's and has never (to my knowledge) been revealed so if your all looking for a big payoff sorry to say that it might never come...