The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old June 17th, 2008   SageShinigami is offline   #1
SageShinigami
Master Geoffan

Default Squadron Supreme in the Ultimate Universe?

Okay, I used to read Supreme Power a couple years back when I first got into comics again (back when I thought more reality in comics = good....man, I was young and stupid), but I stopped when it became Squadron Supreme...so I'm curious...is the new team now existing in the Ultimate Universe or is something else going on. I'm curious.

Old June 17th, 2008   MrRoboto2.0 is offline   #2
MrRoboto2.0

It's still set in its own universe, the only difference is that Ultimate Nick Fury was left behind in that Ultimate Universe/Supreme Power Universe crossover.

"Fighting is wrong unless it's in a hockey rink"
Old June 21st, 2008   fabiank22 is offline   #3
fabiank22

There's a relaunch of the marvel main planned.
Wikipedia:

"According to the July Marvel Solicits, Howard Chaykin will be taking over the book, starting with a new #1, though, it is unclear how this will connect to the unfinished volume."

I honestly doubt Chaykin can live up to Straczynski's legacy, considering that I dislike Punisher: War Journal and only like War is Hell because of the Ennis-fun and games.

Old July 8th, 2008   leonmallett is offline   #4
leonmallett
comics fan

Having read Chaykin's first issue, I have to say it wasn't too bad. There seems to be too much set-up taking place at the expense of too little explanation as to what has actually transpired and where everyone is, but it was better than I anticipated.

Old July 9th, 2008   HushedRuin is offline   #5
HushedRuin
of Positive Island.

According to my understanding, the Squad are in their own universe.

Then Ultimate Reed Richards to something to bring down the wrath of Hyperion & co., which brought us Squadron Supreme vs. the Ultimate Universe (see: 'Ultimate Power').

I believe the Squad's back in their own universe, but they've got Ultimate Nick Fury with them.

Hope that helps!

half of The Infosiders with Arcademan...

oWt 4 LIFE.
Old July 9th, 2008   manwithnoname is offline   #6
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Having read Chaykin's first issue, I have to say it wasn't too bad. There seems to be too much set-up taking place at the expense of too little explanation as to what has actually transpired and where everyone is, but it was better than I anticipated.
ddf
leonmallett View Post
I gave the first issue a try. Didn't like it enough to stick around. I read quite a bit as it is.